Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

RIP Mary Travers

Wookietim

When I was a bit younger I decided to go see Peter, Paul and Mary expecting just a kind of boring concert... What I got was, perhaps, the single finest 2 hours of music I have ever seen live. I saw them multiple times afterward and was always impressed not just by their music (Which was always good) but by the fact that they would have a section in which each person would do solo stuff while the others would wander into the audience to talk to the attendees or just listen to the music... That is how I met Peter Yarrow and Mary Travers. Both seemed like decent people with extraordinarily intelligent and caring brains between their ears... So I was very saddened to hear of Travers passing this morning... The world lost one of the very few famous performers that I know was genuine and warm today.

Edited by Wookietim

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wookietim

• Lt_Ripley

• Still Waters

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard of Peter, Paul & Mary, they used to sing folk music, really good singers they were too. They sang a lot of Bob Dylan songs if I remember right. I think they were also around at the same time as Judith Durham and "The Seekers", both very similar with their types of music.

A sad loss indeed.

I've heard of Peter, Paul & Mary, they used to sing folk music, really good singers they were too. They sang a lot of Bob Dylan songs if I remember right. I think they were also around at the same time as Judith Durham and "The Seekers", both very similar with their types of music.

A sad loss indeed.

Actually, if truth be told, Bob Dylan sang a lot of their songs...