Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What's for dinner?

recipes food meals

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#16    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,814 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostFstop, on 12 April 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

for dinner earlier I had a large quesadilla - cheese only - because really what else do you need?  Also some more carrots with peanut butter.  Then I had a Boulevard porter during band practice, and now, since practice is over and I'm rather still awake I made a large-ish bowl of drunkenly buttered air-popped popcorn and am enjoying a boulevard pale ale along with it.

Carb-loading like a boss, y'all!

I keep laughing at your carrot/pb combination but then I just realized I used to eat celery and pb when I was able to have it - which sounds equally weird. hahaha

#17    Fstop

Fstop

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

View Postsarah_444, on 12 April 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

I keep laughing at your carrot/pb combination but then I just realized I used to eat celery and pb when I was able to have it - which sounds equally weird. hahaha

Don't knock it til you try it!  :)  protein and veggies in the same bite.  delicious to boot.  Celery and PB is ok, but I prefer carrots. Plus they had baby carrots on sale for a dollar a bag at the store so I bought three.  :D

We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are. – Anais Nin

#18    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

I have just enjoyed a large bowl of homemade leek and potato soup :D . Remembered to go easy on the nutmeg this time ....... anyone else have trouble with nutmeg? I find it has a very subtle mind-altering effect which is usually accompanied by a slight headache :( .

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#19    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,644 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

CRISPY CHICKEN Lightly fried soy chicken, served with sweet chili sauce.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#20    Fstop

Fstop

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

Tonight for supper was Cavatini pasta with chicken, bacon, and homegrown chive bulbs in a butter sauce with parmesan cheese.  Didn't have to worry about leftovers with that one....my girls devoured it.  Oh and a can of green beans, because thats a veggie that they'll all eat.

We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are. – Anais Nin

#21    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Boiled cabbage, boiled potatoes, baked beans, very small amount of veggie gravy.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#22    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Tomato soup and like... 4 bread rolls. The buggers were about to go out of date :whistle:

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#23    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostSakari, on 07 April 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

Sliders, onion rings, and fried pickles....

At McFarlins in Bandon.

Fried pickle, do you just slice up a dill and fry it. Sounds interesting.  Me I do take out mostly

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#24    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,795 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 12 April 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

I have just enjoyed a large bowl of homemade leek and potato soup :D . Remembered to go easy on the nutmeg this time ....... anyone else have trouble with nutmeg? I find it has a very subtle mind-altering effect which is usually accompanied by a slight headache :( .

I never had trouble with it but I heard you could get real high and severly ill from it. I heard it is terrible, thats why its not a popular drug. Yoy must be very sensitive.... small amounts for seasoning never bothered me. I really love it with spinach. Matter of fact im having spinach now...

Food im eating:

Fried tofu with salt and fresh pepper
Grilled onions
Rice w/ herbs
Sauteed spinach... layered on one another in a bowl.. but not in this order. Layered like this, rice, tofu, onions, spinach. I cooked all pieces with coconut oil and the spinach w soy sauce.

Gonna add a sprinkle of nutmeg now since you made me think of it

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#25    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,795 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

Ok yeah.. I shouldnt have done that. Nutmeg and spinach go better together with marinara or cream sauce type dishes. What was I thinking.......?

Well. Its not that bad..

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#26    JC2

JC2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 293 posts

• the truth comes with a straight jacket, one size fits all....

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:57 AM

Just about to do my world famous shepherds pie!!! quick run through, fry down the mince meat till it is dry as dry can be, on the way to being dry throw in some hot paprika, splash of soy, salt-pepper. Then in with the chopped onions and peppers, sweat down nicely. In with a tin of chili kidney beans, quick stir then throw in quality tin of chopped tomatoes, two cloves of chopped garlic with two fiery hot chopped chilies and into the slow cooker for three hours or so. Boil some baby potatoes, while draining them off into the hot pan you just emptied a great big nob of butter, reduce down and in with a blob of mustard (English of course) back in with the potatoes and coat well before crushing. Get meat into a oven dish, let cool then cover with mash...

Cook until potato starts to brown, sprinkle on grated cheese, mature cheddar. Serve with fresh veg and a bit of gravy, ketchup optional. This just gets better with age, next day, day after, mmmmmm....

Edited by JC2, 16 April 2013 - 03:05 AM.

the truth comes with a straight jacket, one size fits all....

#27    Ruby04

Ruby04

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

• "You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." - Christopher Columbus.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

I'm cooking chicken breast schnitzel, baked seasoned wedges and peas

In life you have to go after what you want, not sit around and wait for things to come to you.

#28    mnbutterfly

mnbutterfly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Tonight we are having chicken piccata with capers, spinach and sliced garlic red potatoes. Hopefully I can get my son to eat some spinach. Lol.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
~ H.P. Lovecraft, Supernatural Horror in Literature

#29    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,795 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Well for breakfast im about to eat some coconut rice with cream, sugar and cinnamon. Its cooking now. I must be hungry because that sounds good.

:)

#30    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

This week's bucket of stew is made from red lentils, parsnips, carrots, onion, potato, tomato puree and sage ....... YUM! :lol:

Also tagged with recipes, food, meals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users