Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tantalising Testimony

No kidding... Sigh... Really?! Ok, I'm pot colored in kets, so? Woo woo stuff still stays woo woo, no matter how you paint it.

So why do you spend so much time poking fun at anything to do with the subject of UFOs with one-liner witticisms if you have no interest in it at all? So is it just to laugh at all the woo woo?

• Like 2

Bias. Yes everyone has it. We should all be constantly engaged in an effort to curb that bias as much as possible, in ourselves as much as others. That is where objectivity stems from.

You should only ever embrace bias if you are to take it one step further and put bias in a headlock and pummel it into submission. :P

So why do you spend so much time poking fun at anything to do with the subject of UFOs with one-liner witticisms if you have no interest in it at all? So is it just to laugh at all the woo woo?

Some people just need to find a hobby outside of internet forums.

• Like 1

OK, lets make that straight: UFO is UFO, not ET, maybe you think E is equal UF and T is equal O, but in my dictionary its not, period. And yeah, woo woos deserve laughed at.

OK, lets make that straight: UFO is UFO, not ET, maybe you think E is equal UF and T is equal O, but in my dictionary its not, period. And yeah, woo woos deserve laughed at.

How would you know?

• Like 1

McG did not start it, Zoser posed the question and said he doesnt write him off yet. Hazz then said ....anyway read trail shown above.

Good re-cap, quillius.

zoser/Mcg, whats the difference,... I still cant help wondering, that the point Im trying to make is lost on some people? :unsure2:

Wait a minute,... So, any UFO legend, like Adamski Bob Lazar or Billy Meier, that is proven to be a lier and a hoaxer just has to be a government disinformation agent?!!

Is that really what you are saying here??

Steady on Haz; it's far from proven. If you feel it has been then show me. The jury is still very much out on Adamski.

Edited by zoser

zoser/Mcg, whats the difference,... I still cant help wondering, that the point Im trying to make is lost on some people? :unsure2:

I could same the same about you, BTK, Bunker, Fritz and the rest. What's the difference?

As for your point, if you wear your hat right no one will notice it.

lol, if you say so...

There were a few folk that I know of close to Adamski who testified to seeing the same craft hovering in the skies. This needs to be dealt with before anyone can say 'case closed'. I'm sorry but that is a fact.

Steady on Haz; it's far from proven. If you feel it has been then show me. The jury is still very much out on Adamski.

I've never really looked into Adamski, I read his books, and well anyone could write them, there was nothing in there to go on, nothing offered that could be varified. Never looked into his footage though, i've seen it, but never seen any testing of it, I still have loads of 8 and 16mm film, and still have cini cameras and projectors, the thing i've found with both 8 and 16mm is it looks flat (don't know what the technical would be), but it's almost a flat, 2 dimensional image. So how would you you go about testing such footage?

I've never really looked into Adamski, I read his books, and well anyone could write them, there was nothing in there to go on, nothing offered that could be varified. Never looked into his footage though, i've seen it, but never seen any testing of it, I still have loads of 8 and 16mm film, and still have cini cameras and projectors, the thing i've found with both 8 and 16mm is it looks flat (don't know what the technical would be), but it's almost a flat, 2 dimensional image. So how would you you go about testing such footage?

His footage has been analysed many times. The analysis I saw on a documentary examined closely the edges of the craft and found some inexplicable anomalies that could only be attributed to powerful electromagnetic distortion.

The craft do not look 'elegant' If they were cars they would be more like Russian made Lada's. They hover rather clumsily and this seems to be the main reason why people dismiss him as a fraud. The craft look unconvincing. But then how would we know since very few people have ever been lucky enough to see a saucer at very close range.

Edited by zoser

Mansfield OH Helicopter Case - 1973

This case has already been mentioned on this thread so I'm not going to say a great deal except that I came across this amazing short clip with several testimonies from key witnesses. The pilots had been told to keep quiet about the incident for a while after it occurred. The helicopter involved had suffered strange electronic malfunctions after the incident and the clip also contains testimonies from witnesses on the ground that corroborate the pilot's experiences. The helicopter was apparently pulled upwards in some sort of tractor beam. Highly recommended.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfIglgxqOeE&playnext=1&list=PLC93FC9F4A4878EF9&feature=results_main[/media]

Edited by zoser

Fot the love of &%#¤",... Then what about some of the other liers, what about Billy Meier. There was a time when people believed he was telling the truth.

Then there came a time (now) when he was debunked. What ticked me off was zosers "logic" that debunked frauds like Billy Meier was working with the government all along, instead of seeing these charlatans for what they really are.

Snake oil sales men stealing money from the gullible.

And on Bob Lazar....IMO

I've read a lot about Lazar. Watched many video's of him speaking.

My opinion is he is a hustler and a conman.

• Like 2

Fot the love of &%#¤",... Then what about some of the other liers, what about Billy Meier. There was a time when people believed he was telling the truth.

Then there came a time (now) when he was debunked. What ticked me off was zosers "logic" that debunked frauds like Billy Meier was working with the government all along, instead of seeing these charlatans for what they really are.

Snake oil sales men stealing money from the gullible.

Bingo!

I know it's been said many times before but as long as the field is riddled with these charlatans then the world will always look at UFOlogy as woo woo nonsense. Those serious about the field need to hold their 'proponents' to some sort of accountability.

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 3

Bingo!

I know it's been said many times before but as long as the field is riddled with these charlatans then the world will always look at UFOlogy as woo woo nonsense. Those serious about the field need to hold their 'proponents' to some sort of accountability.

I cannot argue with that S2F!

The liars and charlatans must be eliminated on 'Both Sides'..I repeat 'Both Sides' of the ETH debate as quickly and unreservedly as possible! :tu:

Cheers Buddy.

• Like 4

I cannot argue with that S2F!

The liars and charlatans must be eliminated on 'Both Sides'..I repeat 'Both Sides' of the ETH debate as quickly and unreservedly as possible! :tu:

Cheers Buddy.

I know that there are those among the skeptic crowd who like nothing more than to deride and belittle UFOlogy as a whole and they need to be singled out as well. I myself have been guilty of knee jerk responses from time to time but I try to be as objective as possible and argue the merits of the case with regards to critical though and logic as much as possible. Honestly although there have been some less than civil exchanges over the years I think that the skeptics here at UM are pretty level headed and mostly objective with those that are the most acerbic weeded out shortly by Mods. In relation to other sites, UM is a pretty easy going environment. :tu:

• Like 5

Ahw, good to know, you are biased. Duly noted.

PS Just wondering, what you are balancing of, what kind of see-saw?

I didnt say I was biased :)

I said we take on biased stances.

p.s do you really need the see-saw analogy explained? :alien:

And what CIA would come up with... Mockingbird... Brilliant... Good work McG. Nation is grateful.

Let me get this straight BMK so we dont have a misunderstanding, you are basically saying project Mockingbird never existed, right?

and let me ask you one more thing, anyone who carries any sort of belief on the ETH is a woo woo in your opinion, right?

Bingo!

Thats what I was trying to say,... sorry for the rant earlier. :lol: