Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

VooDoo Dolls what do you think of them ?

LostSouls7

So what do you think of Voodoo dolls?

I suppose the object of them is to hurt or stab someone with needles

and curse them?

Me I think using them to hurt someone is bad.

But I saw these cute playful ones sold at a candy shop that are just for fun

or suppose to attract things like love money.. not harmful in any way.

Also do you think people actually hurt people with Voodoo dolls?

and why do they do this?

I remember in Creepshow the movie when the little boy got angry

at his dad and then stabbed him in his neck via Voodoo doll he got in the mail.

My opinion....harmless trinkets nothing more or less

Growing up around New Orleans many are superstitious about these and many other items,just part of the history of the place.

I have a few i had custom made to look like some of my friends....Just in case :lol::devil:

• Like 1

Tools to use against superstitious psychosomatics.

• Like 1

My opinion....harmless trinkets nothing more or less

Growing up around New Orleans many are superstitious about these and many other items,just part of the history of the place.

I have a few i had custom made to look like some of my friends....Just in case :lol::devil:

wow so I guess you are ready to stab them when they act bad huh? :innocent:

• Like 1

They are a tool like a wand to focus your intentions on. If your intentions are to cause harm you cause harm, if your intentions is to help then you will help. It all originates in you, negative intentions will harm you, because they begin with you.

• Like 2

negative intentions will harm you,

And by what mechanism do you propose that this happens? What is the acting force and upon what does it act? Where does this force come from and what is is comprised of? Through what medium does it travel?

I believe the victim has to have a visual awareness of the doll.

They also have to have a bad case of make-believe-itis.,

• Like 2

Magickal combat is more like psychological warfare. You plant the idea in someone's head and let them do the rest. The right word here, a little "evidence" and boom gullible person is cursed. You can even fuel your curse by affirming that everything that continues to go wrong is a product of that curse.

• Like 2

And by what mechanism do you propose that this happens? What is the acting force and upon what does it act? Where does this force come from and what is is comprised of? Through what medium does it travel?

When you doing magick, you focus all your will on your intent. If you are say trying to make a foe sick, then you are creating within your mind an energy of sickness you are sending to your foe. You end up bathed in the energy. Its like sitting around angry and hating someone all day, it poisons your system. If you do a healing spell then you are focusing your energy on health and light and you are bathed in health and light. How does it work, I have discussed this a friend who also does magic and is actually better at than I am and we thought it might have something do with probability and chaos. In other words, we don't know. It is a fun hobby and the meditation and focus is good for your brain.

• Like 3

Similar to how staring at a sigil can lead to a quiet mental state, as well as developing a higher degree of concentration. This could only be programming your subconscious, but weirder thing have happened because of this practice. As Green mention it's a fun hobby. It shouldn't be taken too serious.

• Like 2

an energy of sickness

Can you explain what this is?

your energy on health and light

What energy is "your energy" and what do you mean by light? Photons? How do photons heal someone?

probability

What does probability have to do with anything? Probability is a method of measurement.

• Like 1

When you doing magick, you focus all your will on your intent. If you are say trying to make a foe sick, then you are creating within your mind an energy of sickness you are sending to your foe. You end up bathed in the energy. Its like sitting around angry and hating someone all day, it poisons your system. If you do a healing spell then you are focusing your energy on health and light and you are bathed in health and light. How does it work, I have discussed this a friend who also does magic and is actually better at than I am and we thought it might have something do with probability and chaos. In other words, we don't know. It is a fun hobby and the meditation and focus is good for your brain.

All actions have consequences, some intended, some not. Whether we are able to observe or recognize those consequences is a whole other thing. Personally, I find working in the positive enhances my life, while working in the negative decreases my energy level, interferes with my ability to focus, increases my anxiety, and dinks with the ability to enjoy myself, and often comes close to obsessive behavior; it just makes me feel poorly at both physical and emotional levels. And why give someone the power to make me feel that way, anyway?

They are a tool like a wand to focus your intentions on. If your intentions are to cause harm you cause harm, if your intentions is to help then you will help. It all originates in you, negative intentions will harm you, because they begin with you.

Oh wow thanks for posting this I didn't know they could be used for good!

I guess in TV and movies they try to only paint them again being used to cause harm.

and yes it all starts with the heart and mind of the magician

• Like 1

Don't believe anything you see on tv. If half that stuff was legit, angry teenagers would be hurling demons at each other.

• Like 4

I am slightly more worried about being mugged by a bear, riding a shark, in downtown Phoenix, during a snowstorm, in August, while winning the lottery than I am of voodoo dolls.

• Like 3

Can you explain what this is?

What energy is "your energy" and what do you mean by light? Photons? How do photons heal someone?

What does probability have to do with anything? Probability is a method of measurement.

It is really hard to explain, it is something that one must experience. It is not light and energy in a photon sense. Some might call it the Chi, Druids call it the Awen. It the web of life that interconnects of the Universe. . It is metaphysics and really nothing to do with science. I used to get my bother to call me by using it. He would call and say "I don't know why I am calling, I got a sudden urge to call." I had given him something I made, I used to as the connection to focus on, When he move to Florida he gave it back and broke the spell. It wasn't very ethical to do that to him, anyway. I have no clue how it works. It is a fun hobby. In my secret life I'm a crystal hugging hippy Pagan.

• Like 1

i think it's a case of superstition meets gullibility

it's creepy to think that someone would actually go this route to harm another person though.

• Like 2

I am slightly more worried about being mugged by a bear, riding a shark, in downtown Phoenix, during a snowstorm, in August, while winning the lottery than I am of voodoo dolls.

It's like you know my deepest fears....

wow so I guess you are ready to stab them when they act bad huh? :innocent:

Damn straight!!!

You mess with the bull,you get the horns!.... :devil:

• Like 1

I have never heard of voodoo dolls before, but they sound like silly hocus pocus, just like a lot of things attributed to religion are crazy too, imo.

Yes I would agree they are silly hocus-pocus, but if an enemy asks you for a lock of your hair or some of your fingernail clippings, give him someone else's.

• Like 1

it's creepy to think that someone would actually go this route to harm another person though.

Now let's choose between two "evils". Using a voodoo doll or a physical confrontation?

• Like 1

Just stab them with your sword and move on.

post-7739-0-79181000-1404129251_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Damn straight!!!

You mess with the bull,you get the horns!.... :devil:

bull-man_03.gif

• Like 1