Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Communicating with the other realm?

thewanderer

Hi guys, I have an issue that I need some guidance and advice on.

Ever since I was young, I have had numerous (scattered) paranormal experiences. I used to pass this off as my imagination, but in the past few years, things have escalated to the point that has made me think more seriously about spirits and the paranormal realm.

My grandmother passed away a few years back. Since her death, I have dreamt of her on numerous occasions, although it has become less frequent. Around the same time, I also started getting nightmares. In these dreams, I would often be in the house or in my room, but I can feel a dark presence there with me. Sometimes, this dark presence would forcibly push me around, and other times it would pin me down to the point where I couldn't breathe and I'm desperately shouting out for Jesus / God to help me. Needless to say it terrified me.

The dreams about my grandmother were not frightening, however in the more recent dreams, it has felt like other 'forces' or 'beings' were there with us too. As I mentioned before, I don't dream of my grandmother often anymore - but the last few times, she has asked for me to try and not dream about her as I was letting in 'the others' as well in the process. In my most recent dream which happened a few days ago (before that, I haven't dreamt of her in a very long time), I told her about the nightmares that I used to get (about the dark presence) and she revealed that the house that I used to live in had a gateway / portal to the other realm. It is interesting to note that since I moved away from that house, I do not encounter the dark presence in my dreams anymore.

Towards the end of the dream, she told me that she would always come to us if we needed her help. But what happened next was even more confusing. A young man appeared, who I do not recognize. He was not scary and seemed to be gentle, friendly. I did not feel threatened by him. He also told me that if I needed help at any time, to call for him. He told me his name, but I don't know who he is and his name does not ring a bell whatsoever.

I'm generally quite a rational person, but the latest dream has me utterly perplexed. Am I really communicating with my deceased grandmother? Should I really trust what is being communicated to me? Who is this other being and should I believe him? And if I am communicating with the other side, how do I close/protect myself from this, so that I'm not leaving myself spiritually accessible and vulnerable?

I would also like to point out that I do not actively try to communicate with the other side and I do not ask/wish to have these dreams. It just happens. My grandmother (when she was alive) did encounter paranormal experiences as well during her life. I am starting to wonder if this sensitivity runs in the family.

Your thoughts on this would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Edited by thewanderer

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thewanderer

• White Crane Feather

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, I have an issue that I need some guidance and advice on.

Ever since I was young, I have had numerous (scattered) paranormal experiences. I used to pass this off as my imagination, but in the past few years, things have escalated to the point that has made me think more seriously about spirits and the paranormal realm.

My grandmother passed away a few years back. Since her death, I have dreamt of her on numerous occasions, although it has become less frequent. Around the same time, I also started getting nightmares. In these dreams, I would often be in the house or in my room, but I can feel a dark presence there with me. Sometimes, this dark presence would forcibly push me around, and other times it would pin me down to the point where I couldn't breathe and I'm desperately shouting out for Jesus / God to help me. Needless to say it terrified me.

The dreams about my grandmother were not frightening, however in the more recent dreams, it has felt like other 'forces' or 'beings' were there with us too. As I mentioned before, I don't dream of my grandmother often anymore - but the last few times, she has asked for me to try and not dream about her as I was letting in 'the others' as well in the process. In my most recent dream which happened a few days ago (before that, I haven't dreamt of her in a very long time), I told her about the nightmares that I used to get (about the dark presence) and she revealed that the house that I used to live in had a gateway / portal to the other realm. It is interesting to note that since I moved away from that house, I do not encounter the dark presence in my dreams anymore.

Towards the end of the dream, she told me that she would always come to us if we needed her help. But what happened next was even more confusing. A young man appeared, who I do not recognize. He was not scary and seemed to be gentle, friendly. I did not feel threatened by him. He also told me that if I needed help at any time, to call for him. He told me his name, but I don't know who he is and his name does not ring a bell whatsoever.

I'm generally quite a rational person, but the latest dream has me utterly perplexed. Am I really communicating with my deceased grandmother? Should I really trust what is being communicated to me? Who is this other being and should I believe him? And if I am communicating with the other side, how do I close/protect myself from this, so that I'm not leaving myself spiritually accessible and vulnerable?

I would also like to point out that I do not actively try to communicate with the other side and I do not ask/wish to have these dreams. It just happens. My grandmother (when she was alive) did encounter paranormal experiences as well during her life. I am starting to wonder if this sensitivity runs in the family.

Your thoughts on this would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

You will be fine. Do not allow yourself to fear. Simply let it pass through you. Nothing can harm you. Record your experiences and think of everything as a learning experience. Good luck, you can always pm me.

You will be fine. Do not allow yourself to fear. Simply let it pass through you. Nothing can harm you. Record your experiences and think of everything as a learning experience. Good luck, you can always pm me.

Thanks for your reply.

I will try to keep positive.