Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gay Marriage’s Ballot Test

gay marriage ballot constitution

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,064 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 03 October 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

But that governor does not represent everyones votes right? I don't believe the governor won with 100% of the votes. Still if people don't like it, they should vote legislators or a governor in that will do something about it.

Well yes, yes he does. And so does the legislature that voted to create the law.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#17    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,064 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 03 October 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

If the Supreme Court says that the Right to Marry falls under the FedGov/Constitution, and says it is part of "Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness", then sure, set up that national change.

It's not a "right to marry". It's rights "from" marriage. It's to allow the same rights, responsiblities and consequences as other married people. Gays can get married now. But without government recognition, do not get the same results. Alternatively we could do away with "marriage" benefits and considerations by the government. For example no marriage tax break. I doubt that would fly..

Edited by ninjadude, 03 October 2012 - 05:36 PM.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#18    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,869 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

It would fly with me. Why should I be punished for not being married or rewarded for it?

Edited by OverSword, 03 October 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#19    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,462 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 03 October 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

I think maybe I'll draft an initiative that states that you you don't have to rent an apartment to gay people because you don't like them. Or maybe one that states that black men are no longer able to marry asian women. Or maybe we should just put those women back in their place and forbid them to own property again. Maybe even revoke a gay persons right to vote! We don't vote on civil rights issues... theyre CIVIL Rights.
Without legislation and without the People voting for representatives that veiw things the same as they do... how will those Rights be enforced, if they are never written down and voted on??

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#20    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,462 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

View Postninjadude, on 03 October 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Well yes, yes he does. And so does the legislature that voted to create the law.

View Postninjadude, on 03 October 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

It's not a "right to marry". It's rights "from" marriage. It's to allow the same rights, responsiblities and consequences as other married people. Gays can get married now. But without government recognition, do not get the same results. Alternatively we could do away with "marriage" benefits and considerations by the government. For example no marriage tax break. I doubt that would fly..
Touche Ninja.

You are right of course, but my point still is correct that if people don't like it (either way) they can elect someone to do something about it. If enough people elect enough like minded representatives, the law can be changed.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#21    AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

By the law, your children and next generation in United States will be taught in school, learning that "Being gay is okay". For they do not know it is a sin. They will be re-educated, brainwashed, by corporate media, social media and education system to learn from youth that homosexual lifestyle is normal.

The homosexual lobby groups will have many new, young fresh - out of school late teens and early 20s in their arms and have care-free sexual relationships. It is not a shame to them, because it is legalised in the law. "It is love", they said, yes, they love the young and naive who don't know if gay is sin or not.

Every American family with their children who have homosexual lifestyle will have no children to bear the family name to the next generation. Yes, let the immigants come and replace the vacancy in the workforce, you don't have grand children anyway.

Christians? Be silent and don't say anything about moral, less people call you haters and not "loving" in Christ's way as the "Pink in Red Equal sign" support group said. Don't rebute them or you will be called a "homophobic" person. Don't raise your voice even you know deeply in your heart that it is wrong or people calls you a "judgemental" fundamentalist.

Welcome to the new America.

#22    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,589 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostAverageJoe, on 02 April 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Every American family with their children who have homosexual lifestyle will have no children to bear the family name to the next generation. Yes, let the immigants come and replace the vacancy in the workforce, you don't have grand children anyway.

Christians? Be silent and don't say anything about moral, less people call you haters and not "loving" in Christ's way as the "Pink in Red Equal sign" support group said. Don't rebute them or you will be called a "homophobic" person. Don't raise your voice even you know deeply in your heart that it is wrong or people calls you a "judgemental" fundamentalist.

That was a greasy bit of self-righteous self-pity.  Surely you can do better.

#23    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,064 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

At the risk of feeding an obvious troll on his very first post

View PostAverageJoe, on 02 April 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

By the law, your children and next generation in United States will be taught in school, learning that "Being gay is okay".

it is.

For they do not know it is a sin.

who cares?

They will be re-educated, brainwashed, by corporate media, social media and education system to learn from youth that homosexual lifestyle is normal.

normal is just another setting on the washing machine

The homosexual lobby groups will have many new, young fresh - out of school late teens and early 20s in their arms and have care-free sexual relationships. It is not a shame to them, because it is legalised in the law.

sex is not dirty or shameful and perfectly legal.

Every American family with their children who have homosexual lifestyle will have no children to bear the family name to the next generation.

no. actually they have children as well.

Christians? Be silent and don't say anything about moral, less people call you haters and not "loving" in Christ's way as the "Pink in Red Equal sign" support group said.

that's for your un-Christian beliefs.

actually it's the same America. It's just that we've woken up to affirm equality in sexual orientation and marriage.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#24    Odd Requiem

Odd Requiem

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

The only thing the youth of America will gain, is the right to love whomever they choose. Regardless of sex, size, color. They gain a choice.

-I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.//

#25    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

Leave people alone.  I am as straight as an arrow, I love women.  But if a dude wants to be with another dude, let them be.  Who cares, let them be happy.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users