Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stanton Friedman at GCF 2011

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,845 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

Stanton Friedman at GCF 2011
Posted Image
Click here to watch video - 09:27s

Stanton Friedman gives a speech at the 2011 Global Competetiveness Forum about UFOs.

#2    morrison1976

morrison1976

Poltergeist

• 2,785 posts

• Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

I know that many people have different opinions about Stanton Friedman. I need 100% proof that ET is coming here, but Stanton Friedman is bang on when he talks about how destructive we are as a race. I just wish there was more people out there like him.

#3    Darth Maul

Darth Maul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

Same here !!!

#4    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:29 PM

You see the picture of Stanton with his arms wide open ?? This will be the size of his next book.  :w00t:

#5    someoldguy

someoldguy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

• [i]"There were plants and birds and rocks and things.[/i]

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

Looks like he's telling a fish story...

#6    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:05 PM

View Postsomeoldguy, on 04 June 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

Looks like he's telling a fish story...
True. Or maybe he is showing how big his ego is.

#7    morrison1976

morrison1976

Poltergeist

• 2,785 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 04 June 2011 - 10:29 PM, said:

You see the picture of Stanton with his arms wide open ?? This will be the size of his next book.  :w00t:

Lol
It cracks me up that some people will always mention "selling books" Thats what he does, thats his job. What, do you expect him to spend all these years dedicated to the subject do all this stuff for free. Do you think he is different than us and does not need money? Do you think he has a money tree in his garden, so he should give all his books away for free, and go to confences for free? Ok, if thats the case, then eeveryone dedicated to a subject who writes books should do it for free because these people don't need money i guess :(

Sigh :(

#8    morrison1976

morrison1976

Poltergeist

• 2,785 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 04 June 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

True. Or maybe he is showing how big his ego is.

Agian, you are talking rubbish. Tell me why you think he has a big ego. Is it because you disagree with him, and his ufo explanation? Does that mean he has a big ego  :unsure2:

#9    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:36 AM

View Postmorrison1976, on 05 June 2011 - 09:23 AM, said:

Lol
It cracks me up that some people will always mention "selling books" Thats what he does, thats his job. What, do you expect him to spend all these years dedicated to the subject do all this stuff for free. Do you think he is different than us and does not need money?
Wow. we can't make jokes about Stanton Friedman now !?  :mellow:
I respect him, I have read some of his books and I just believe that he's writing way too many books, aka doing it for the money. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but that's how I feel.

View Postmorrison1976, on 05 June 2011 - 09:25 AM, said:

Agian, you are talking rubbish. Tell me why you think he has a big ego. Is it because you disagree with him, and his ufo explanation? Does that mean he has a big ego  :unsure2:
I'm sure he would be the first to say that yes, he have a huge ego. I just think that sometimes he doesn't seems like he respect other people's opinions and that he think his opinions are better or more important that other people's point of view.

You seems to like him. Good for you, but you are aware that a joke is a joke right ?? and you are also aware that not everybody likes Stanton, right ?? You like him ?? Good for you.

#10    morrison1976

morrison1976

Poltergeist

• 2,785 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:34 AM

Wow. we can't make jokes about Stanton Friedman now !?  
I respect him, I have read some of his books and I just believe that he's writing way too many books, aka doing it for the money. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but that's how I feel.

You really think that sounding like a joke? Please tell me how, to the reader, this sounded like a joke? Considering there are many posts who word it the same as you, and they are not joking. If you are a writer, then you can't write too many books, esp if people are still reading them, that means there are people out there who are interested.

I'm sure he would be the first to say that yes, he have a huge ego. I just think that sometimes he doesn't seems like he respect other people's opinions and that he think his opinions are better or more important that other people's point of view

The man thinks he is right. He debates with many people, and most of the time, will come out on top. That does not mean he has a big ego. That means he knows what he is talking about. I know alot about chinese history, and i like to tell people different things about the culture. Does that mean i have a big ego? No, it means im passionate about something.

You seems to like him. Good for you, but you are aware that a joke is a joke right ?? and you are also aware that not everybody likes Stanton, right ?? You like him ?? Good for you.

While i myself need 100% evidence that ET is coming here, i respect stanton because of all the years he has put into this. Also, he see's the bigger picture, while others don't. Anyone who is concerned about mankind is good in my book.

#11    Consumer

Consumer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:51 PM

lol...sigh...all this over a man neither of you know.

#12    morrison1976

morrison1976

Poltergeist

• 2,785 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:23 AM

View PostConsumer, on 09 June 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

lol...sigh...all this over a man neither of you know.

Sigh!

If you have nothing better to say, then go troll somewhere else!

#13    Taut

Taut

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

Well, I admire his dedication.  He has been the voice of reason in a crap filled morass of garbage and at least pays homage to scientific method.  As far as his personal qualities, a person's public image is seldom who the person really is.  I don't know the man, just some of his work.   I know that because of his objectivity and general avoidance of sensationalism that he's been able to talk to people who otherwise wouldn't have talked to anyone else because of his reputation for objective truth.  Now, that said, he's a storyteller, but I think he strives for truth.

Edited by Taut, 10 June 2011 - 02:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users