Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mothman

PrettyAndCorrupt

This is something that you guys probably get questioned about alot here...The Mothman.

Ive always been interested in the "paranormal." Moreso cryptozoology than anything else. Mainly because most of us (at least) know that ghosts/spirits/what have you, exist.

Anyhow, I believe the "creature" The Mothman has stirred up more interest inside of me than anything else, but I can hardly find any information on him.

Surely there is someone here who knows something, or can help me along in my study..

Please respond if you know anything. Or email me: PrettyAndCorrupt@aol.com

Thanks!

V

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mutant Snake

• Astrocreep

• kreestar

• Blood Angel

Haven't gotten information on the Mothman from the internet?! You must not be looking very hard tongue.gif . This is my favorite Mothman site. The mothman is so cool but I like the other stuff related to him more like the supposed Point Pleasent occurence that you could read on the site that I just gave.

Its interesting that it was seen over Chernobyl and isn't there a picture of it at WTC

and also does anyone know what the owlman did in england since all sightings of the mothman have led to destruction of some kind or another.

I dont know what owlman did, besides scare the begeezus out of some girls, Ilive in West Virginia, as ive said before, i think it would be cool to see one.

The mystery of mothman has been solved his name is Erik Beckjord...

(add your own sarcasm..)

XD!!

BA's Right! Erik Beckjord is Mothy! He was stoned during the 1960's and had out of body experiences. The looney flew over, saw and talked to the people falling off the bridge. He must of been dong auto-erotic-asphiciation.

I love the Mothman, it's one of my favorite cryptozoology creatures. The Owlman is really interesting too.

Mothman is a cryptid, that I don't think is a cryptid. I don't think it is an undiscovered animal. Like the Jersey Devil, it seems immortal.

Mothman is a cryptid, that I don't think is a cryptid. I don't think it is an undiscovered animal. Like the Jersey Devil, it seems immortal.

Very interesting...to me, Mothman is all in our minds. Its real, but yet, not real at the same exact time. Its almost like its story, like some of the other "cryptid" stories, are like some old Santa Clause stories, in which it states, "You can see it if you believe in it enough". Think about that and have fun with it

well, theres my two cents...

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think the mothman and jersy devil could br linked. compare the two drawings and there stories.

I don't think they are the smae creature, jsut similar in the way that they haven't been killed and were seen for over a hundred years.

hey, I've heard a lot of stories of the mothman , it suppose to be a demon that appears at before a major disastor, it warns people with visions or more like terrerises them , i heard of reports of people seein g from a distance of some creature that was climbing on the bridge of point pleasant and let of a high pitched scream. if u want more info hire the mothamn prophecies movie and on it there a docomentary on it and here a web site

http://theshadowlands.net/creature.htm#mothman

if u want more info email me at j_blaze28@hotmail.com

hope this helps u out , all the best

• 2 months later...

The mothman is known for its large moth like wings and its enormous strength. There are many stories about this creature and even a movie, I recommend you watch this if you want to learn more about the mothman. It seems to appear every now and then in the spaces of a few years which is strange as where would such a thing hide? Have a read of the story below believed to be true…

In one report of the mothman, it swooped down over another moving car, frightening the passengers. A different report came from nearby Salem. A farmer, Newell Partridge, had been watching television around 10:30 on the 14th, when the picture suddenly blacked out. The television emitted a strange noise, “like a generator winding up.” About the same time, his large German Shepherd, Bandit, began howling from the porch. Partridge went outside and saw that Bandit was howling toward the barn. Partridge shone a flashlight in that direction and saw what looked like two bicycle reflectors shining brightly. Despite the distance to the barn, about the length of a football field, the “eyes” shone plainly. Bandit growled and ran toward the eyes. Partridge said that fear swept over him like a “cold chill” and he went back into the house – that night he slept with his shotgun. The next day he found Bandit’s tracks clearly showing the dog had raced around in a circle, as if chasing his tail. No other tracks were found and Bandit was never seen again.

Certain features remained consistent – the creature’s size, build and hypnotic eyes. Also, malfunctioning radios and televisions featured in many of the reports. Another consistent feature was the fear – people were terrified of the Mothman. Also, a sudden increase of dog disappearances and animal mutilations were reported – and Mothman was held responsible for those, as well. Still, the mystique of Mothman is a strong one and many people believe he existed. Today, UFOs and Men in Black have been added to the Mothman legend. A movie based on John A. Keel's book The Mothman Prophocies is in the works, proving that Mothman still has a following today.

There's also plenty of threads already on the forum which discuss the mothman, really no reason to start yet another one. I'm going to merge your post with a similar discussion.

MM