Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

More NASA UFO's?

ufo nasa

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

Poll: Are these UFO's? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

1. Yes (22 votes [43.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.14%

2. No (29 votes [56.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1456    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,760 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Good to see you again, peri,... I always enjoy reading your posts. :)  I learn something new every time.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#1457    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,394 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Jim, can you clarify few things about McDivitt photos? In your article you mentioned photo designation number 65-H-1013. From mission transcript (and composite air-to-ground and onboard voice transcript), sighting took place around 29:55 GET. There are three photos from list in "Earth photographs from Gemini III, IV, and V" (page 260, though GMT time here is off by 1 hour) and from Gemini 4 photo identification list (page 6) that fit time (magazine 7, frames 18-20) McDivitt tried to take photograph of the object. Is one of those three photos we are discussing about?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

#1458    validator

validator

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Exhibit B: Another illustration from Mike Bara's horrible error-filled book, chapter 4.

https://lh5.googleus...07-enhanced.jpg

Mike's caption is "Apollo 12 image showing astronaut Alan Bean in front of glass like lunar structures beyond the horizon". The "official" version is here:

http://history.nasa....S12-46-6807.jpg

What Hoagland & Bara have done, disgracefully, is to boost brightness and contrast beyond the point at which this photograph is showing us anything real. Again, what we're looking at in the sky is imperfections in Hoagland's office scanner.

Just to ram home the point, the "glass like lunar structures" appear just as much in Al Bean's shadow as they do in the sky. Of course -- anywhere that's black picks up the scanner glass.

#1459    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

View Postvalidator, on 21 November 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Exhibit B: Another illustration from Mike Bara's horrible error-filled book, chapter 4.

Mike's caption is "Apollo 12 image showing astronaut Alan Bean in front of glass like lunar structures beyond the horizon". The "official" version is here:

What Hoagland & Bara have done, disgracefully, is to boost brightness and contrast beyond the point at which this photograph is showing us anything real. Again, what we're looking at in the sky is imperfections in Hoagland's office scanner.

Just to ram home the point, the "glass like lunar structures" appear just as much in Al Bean's shadow as they do in the sky. Of course -- anywhere that's black picks up the scanner glass.
It amazes me that so called (self-professed) experts get away with crap like this.
There is an abundance of hustlers, cheats, and conmen associated with UFO's, conspiracy theories, and black-ops myths.
And when I say abundance, I mean that the vast majority of them are lying just to make cash.
They are even permitted to publish their books as "non-fiction".
As long as the subject is dominated by twits like this perpetuating and creating falsehoods, we will never be able to determine the truth in anything.
Just take a look at the Hoagland video I submitted a few posts back.  He claims there are huge structures built within the rings of Saturn.  He even says that due to the low gravity environment, "they could be built using spaghetti".
And the audience sits there silently taking it all in as facts.
It makes me sick.

Edited by synchronomy, 21 November 2012 - 03:48 PM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#1460    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,760 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Same here, synchronomy... I wouldnt say that people like Bara and RCH are getting away with their BS though. I think that most people can see through their "fantastic" claims.

Debunking this type of crap can be important.

In this day and age when the internet has given global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element.

Edited by Hazzard, 21 November 2012 - 04:20 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#1461    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostHazzard, on 21 November 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

Same here, synchronomy... I wouldnt say that people like Bara and RCH are getting away with their BS though.

As long as there are skeptics in the audience willing to speak up and call them on it,...
Seems they are getting away with it to the extent they are making money from it.
They keep getting invited back to a lot of UFO conferences, selling books, guests on C2C and Rense...etc.
Much of the best information comes out of forums such as this, simply because a lot of people are doing their own research and providing immediate feedback.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.

#1462    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,490 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

View Postvalidator, on 21 November 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Looks like lens flare to me.

Here's another picture of Alan Bean from Apollo 12:

Posted Image

Yup, very common polygonal lens flare artefact.  I'd be willing to guess that the cameras used for that moon mission had a 5-bladed aperture, hence the pentagon shaped lens flare in the photos.

Edited by Archimedes, 21 November 2012 - 04:27 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#1463    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 21 November 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Looks like lens flare to me.

Here's another picture of Alan Bean from Apollo 12:

*snipped picture*

Yup, very common polygonal lens flare artefact.  I'd be willing to guess that the cameras used for that moon mission had a 5-bladed aperture, hence the pentagon shaped lens flare in the photos.
It's so obvious that a child wouldn't give it a second thought.
Hoagland & Bara know this, then deliberately distort the hell out of it and present it with some cake and icecream.
I don't know how they can sleep at night.

#1464    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Not to beat a dead horse any further, but their website finally sank to the level of absolute absurdity when they actually posted this picture as "proof" that there was an atmosphere on the moon.

Not just absurd, but imbecilic.  

http://www.google.co...ej3ZsRrxc_rO5kQ

Posted Image

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 21 November 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#1465    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

And this is also another "UFO" picture that should have been dropped long ago, yet it still lives on forever--on the Internet.

Posted Image

#1466    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

What other zaniness can we find here? Apollo 12 astronauts "amid the ruins".

Posted Image

And "ruins above the horizon".  LOL  This is too much to bear.

Posted Image

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 21 November 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#1467    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Edgar Mitchell "under glass"????????????????????????   Absurd, utterly bonkers.

Posted Image

#1468    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I really like this side of you MacGuffin!  :tu:

It's great to see. :)

#1469    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

All of this might as well be from the Theater of the Absurd.

#1470    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 21 November 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

I really like this side of you MacGuffin!  :tu:

It's great to see. :)

Well, if I look at something very carefully and then decide that it's just silly, goofy or crazy, I won't hesitate to say so.  I see no reason to jump on every UFO and ET bandwagon that rolls into town.

Of course, that doesn't mean I think it's ALL nonsense, as this stuff obviously is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users