Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is life easier as a guy or a girl?

spartan max2

The timeless question dun dun dun

One two three go!

I think a guy has it easier, he earns more and does not always suffer the consequences of an unintended pregnancy, which slows women down in the prime of their life.

• Like 1

I really cannot say who has it "easier" because there is no "easier" involved.

Women, on one hand, have a greater freedom of apparel to wear, they seem to be generally more aware and sensitive to others, they can bear and raise children and see things, seemingly, from a different perspective.

On the other hand women seem to be expected to want to get married and have kids. It seems expected that they adopt a certain mindset and are compelled to see things only in certain ways.

Men seem to be stronger and less prone to arm flabbiness and seem to have an easier time getting fit. They do not have to worry about the monthly tsunamis of estrogen and all the unpleasantries that go along with it. They seem to be taken more seriously too. Sadly they seem to be expected to follow a strict course of emotions, behaviors ad such. They are made fun of if they do not want to play sports or engage in roughness and are looked down on if they do not want to date or get married.

Society tends to see a man as weak or somehow ill if they have a proclivity for things that are considered "feminine" such as interior decorating, clothing design or finer arts like painting, glass artwork or the like.

I also find it odd that men are expected to pony up and take responsibility and even blame for getting a girl pregnant yet the woman sometimes acts like she had nothing to do with it..the man is often not even spoken to about decisions to end the pregnancy; as if somehow all he is good for is the financial support.

I don't know.....both genders have their challenges so I really cannot say one has it easier over the other. One may not have to deal with the same issues as the other gender but at the same time they have issues that make up for it.

I feel bad for both sides.

• Like 4

Wow, what a silly question. It's a man's world, always has been and will continue to be as long as it's women who have the babies. Biology is destiny...there's no way around it. That said, women can and will continue find their way around this 'unfair' fact of nature. However, it will most likely always be more difficult for women.

• Like 3

What does biology have to do with anything? Why should that matter? This is not what the question is about.

Women have inconvenient bodies, and men have inconvenient minds. Hard to say which one has the worst deal biologically. Then again, socially men have always tried to stack the deck in their favor, and it has mostly worked out in their favor, with the exception of Japan, where the man has become more of a well trained income machine for the wife.

• Like 4

Plain and Simple, its Men.

On a point of the woman having periods, Men also have fluxuations in hormone levels evry 30 days, Only difference is we do not have to deal with the bodily fluids. However we are prone to mood swings, low Energy levels and decreased motivation. Just because the mass men are not educated in the fact that they too are emotional weaks every 30 days is the problem.

Education and tolerence is the key!

The more we learn, the more we understand that nothings different really!

Edited by The Id3al Experience
  • Like 2

Men are usually stronger, and get paid more on average. Women also are taken advantage more often in situations like mortgages, rental agreements and car purchases.

A man can, and many do, just walk away from the responsibilities of children. This is a big handicap to women, who will not usually abandon their children, because they get stuck with needing a larger place, and more money/food, and have to use a much larger percentage of their free time taking care of things. While the walk-away-male just goes about his life like he did when he was 19.

My vote.... Men have it easier.

• Like 1

I really cannot say who has it "easier" because there is no "easier" involved.

Women, on one hand, have a greater freedom of apparel to wear, they seem to be generally more aware and sensitive to others, they can bear and raise children and see things, seemingly, from a different perspective.

On the other hand women seem to be expected to want to get married and have kids. It seems expected that they adopt a certain mindset and are compelled to see things only in certain ways.

Men seem to be stronger and less prone to arm flabbiness and seem to have an easier time getting fit. They do not have to worry about the monthly tsunamis of estrogen and all the unpleasantries that go along with it. They seem to be taken more seriously too. Sadly they seem to be expected to follow a strict course of emotions, behaviors ad such. They are made fun of if they do not want to play sports or engage in roughness and are looked down on if they do not want to date or get married.

Society tends to see a man as weak or somehow ill if they have a proclivity for things that are considered "feminine" such as interior decorating, clothing design or finer arts like painting, glass artwork or the like.

I also find it odd that men are expected to pony up and take responsibility and even blame for getting a girl pregnant yet the woman sometimes acts like she had nothing to do with it..the man is often not even spoken to about decisions to end the pregnancy; as if somehow all he is good for is the financial support.

I don't know.....both genders have their challenges so I really cannot say one has it easier over the other. One may not have to deal with the same issues as the other gender but at the same time they have issues that make up for it.

I feel bad for both sides.

As Ryu said, plus I feel that people are more willing to take a womens side in a disagreement or dispute. (Touchy subject this one I know but still it does come into play here)There are certainly some (not most probably not even 25%) rape cases where women call rape if she gets caught out and feels embarrassed and the man still gets charged because there is a bias towards women. The opposite applies to men though, if a man were to call rape he would get laughed at unless (and sometimes even if) he has video or photographic evidence that 100% proves it is rape.

Another example would be that in divorce situations the man is much much more likely to pay alimony and child support rather than the woman in the situation.

There are defiantly arguments for both side on a for and against case but I don't think there is a clear life is easier for *Insert gender here*.

Some aspects of life as easier for females and some are easier for males.

@Lilly, I really don't think it is as much of a man's world now as it was say 20-30 years ago. It only is if you conform to that idea.

Edited by IBelieveWhatIWant
  • Like 1

Plain and Simple, its Men.

On a point of the woman having periods, Men also have fluxuations in hormone levels evry 30 days, Only difference is we do not have to deal with the bodily fluids. However we are prone to mood swings, low Energy levels and decreased motivation. Just because the mass men are not educated in the fact that they too are emotional weaks every 30 days is the problem.

Education and tolerence is the key!

The more we learn, the more we understand that nothings different really!

The question asks more than just emotionally and biologically. It's all aspects of life.

The question asks more than just emotionally and biologically. It's all aspects of life.

Of course, its cultural, geography, biology, chemistry and many more.

I was commenting on 'one' point Ryu made, as to me, it seemed, by the contents of his post, he didnt understand that men too, have 'periods'

tortoises.

(because the question is absurd, that's why.)

((also society is heavily biased against women, even more so against people who don't conform to the whole gender thing, also.))

(((also tortoises.)))

Edited by seaturtlehorsesnake
  • Like 3

Of course, its cultural, geography, biology, chemistry and many more.

I was commenting on 'one' point Ryu made, as to me, it seemed, by the contents of his post, he didnt understand that men too, have 'periods'

Oh ok, it seemed to just address the general question.

• Like 1

I don't know, I think it depends on individual circumstances and people's characters etc and how they cope with what life throws at them.

I suppose these days women are expected to have it all, Good career, Husband, Kids which is a lot of pressure I suppose but that's up to them, Nobody holds a gun to their head and forces them. Yes, We have periods, That's just something we have to deal with and it gives us a good excuse for being hell to live with for 2 weeks every month (joke)

I would say women are more vulnerable to getting attacked but these days everyone seems to be fair game. I do think things have got easier for us women in recent times.

I have no idea what its like to be a man so I can't really comment but I don't think they really have it any easier or harder than women, But like I said, I think it depends on the person, Not necessarily the gender, These days some women have children and go out to work while the man takes care of the children, So the roles are almost reversed. Imagine trying to do that 100 years ago, Poor woman would have been put in the asylum.

At the end of the day I don't think we can just generalize it like that and say one gender has it better than the other, Not these days anyway.

On the other hand that depends on where in the world you're from as in some countries women certainly don't have it easier.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 3

Gender has nothing to do with anything, First you must define what exactly is an easy life?

Everybody's journey is different and we all cope with the daily pressures of life in different ways.

• Like 5

As a woman now in this world. I say man. Better pay, pee standing up etc etc. However men die earlier.

Also men are dying out so in like a billion years they might not exist. Well no one would exist but you know what I mean.

As a woman now in this world. I say man. Better pay, pee standing up etc etc. However men die earlier.

Also men are dying out so in like a billion years they might not exist. Well no one would exist but you know what I mean.

I'm payed less than my boss who is female

I know women who pee standing up (i know right?)

And you women don't have to shave your face every damn day

I often work 56+ hour weeks and then i come home and do the cooking because my girlfriend has no interest in it

I also do the majority of the housework aswell as ALL DIY jobs around the house

• Like 2

Neither. Life is only easy for the rich, because materialism has overtaken everything else in deciding quality of life.

• Like 6

Women have inconvenient bodies, and men have inconvenient minds. Hard to say which one has the worst deal biologically. Then again, socially men have always tried to stack the deck in their favor, and it has mostly worked out in their favor, with the exception of Japan, where the man has become more of a well trained income machine for the wife.

The portion of your quote I bolded is the most significant aspect regarding this question. Historically women have not had the upper hand in almost all societies. I also suspect that until very recently women in Japan didn't either ( I wonder what caused the dynamic change? ).

Male domination has its roots in biology (and I'm not talking about 'periods'). Females bear the children and are physically smaller and weaker. it's really just that basic. Males took power because they could take power. Having less social power makes ones life more difficult. This can be based on race, religion, gender, ethic background...if one is not a member of the favored group life will be more difficult for them.

• Like 1

Neither. Life is only easy for the rich, because materialism has overtaken everything else in deciding quality of life.

You make a very good point here. There may very well be a major change in our social dynamic based on materialism. Although in most cultures male privilege still stands (for the most part).

• Like 1

It's all changing though thanks to the feminists, man they are some crazy women out there.. :yes:

Although in most cultures male privilege still stands (for the most part).

If by male privilege you mean having to do almost everything for a woman because they will look at you square eyed and say you are oppressing them if you ask them to do anything even remotely stereotypically female, then yes your right.

We could sit here forever moaning about who has it easier or just get on with it and make the most of it.

It's all changing though thanks to the feminists, man they are some crazy women out there.. :yes:

Some crazy women with hairy armpits.

• Like 2