Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Westboro to picket Boston funerals

Ashotep

The anti-LGBT Westboro Baptist Church has blamed Monday’s bombing of the Boston Marathon on same sex marriage and has promised to protest at the funerals of the victims.

In a press release posted to Twitter, Westboro thanked God for the attack and announced its plan to “picket the funeral of those killed.”

Westboro to picket Boston funerals, blames ‘fag marriage’ for bombings

Westboro go away please and take your hatred elsewhere. These people don't want you anywhere around.

• Like 3

These Westboro people need to be shut down. I hope they are on the FBI's watch list and I hope they slip up and get nailed on something.

• Like 5

was the marathon even a pro same marriage event? picketing funerals? Scans through bible to see if you can punch other christians for being Di*ks

• Like 5

These people are ridiculous...they need to get a LIFE.

God is love, not hatred.

• Like 8

was the marathon even a pro same marriage event? picketing funerals? Scans through bible to see if you can punch other christians for being Di*ks

I wish...

• Like 3

I doubt they'll actually show. They're just using this to get attention.

Agreed.

It wouldn't end well for the WBC...there are large groups of people in Boston that wouldn't react well to this. These people are quick to anger and quicker to act without thinking. I wouldn't want them upset with me and they are all related to me. I have a HUGE family present in Boston and the surrounding area. My uncle was in the marathon. I'm thankful he's old and slow. Aunt was at about the 20 marker.

Nibs

• Like 5

I don't think that Westboro qualifies as being Christian in the first place....

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:34-35

:tu: I guess they haven't read all the Bible passages where Jesus tells everyone to love one another...

• Like 5

No it wasn't, it was about the Sandy Hook victims but Westboro had a problem with that too. I really don't think these people are Christians, they are too full of hate.
  • Like 4

Its good to see that people are seeing through the WBC Bull.

I used to get tired of seeing all of Christianity condemned because of these idiots.

I may not agree with the LGBT lifestyle but that doesnt give me the right to do any of the stuff these people are doing.

Live and let live.

and if god was going to punish anyone, it would be them for using his name to promote their hatred.

• Like 6

It is a shame, and somewhat suprising, that so many here no longer believe in this: "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

• Like 4

WBC should be hauled in for interrogation, that would stop their crap (no attempt to bypass the profanity filter). They are one of the most hateful groups in the USA today, and quite capable of taking their extremism out on the streets.

Free Speech is one thing, Free Speech to incite HATRED is quite another

• Like 4

WBC should be hauled in for interrogation, that would stop their crap (no attempt to bypass the profanity filter). They are one of the most hateful groups in the USA today, and quite capable of taking their extremism out on the streets.

Free Speech is one thing, Free Speech to incite HATRED is quite another

Thankfully our founding fathers didn't agree with you. "Free speech as long as as it doesn't make me angry." No thanks, I'll take the 1st amendment FTW.

• Like 5

Thankfully our founding fathers didn't agree with you. "Free speech as long as as it doesn't make me angry." No thanks, I'll take the 1st amendment FTW.

uhh i think you just owned yourself

It is a shame, and somewhat suprising, that so many here no longer believe in this: "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

There is a huge difference between defending the right to say something, and actually condoning physical intervention at a funeral that is a solemn remembrance of a person's life.

WBC are simply hatred personified, isnt everyones salvation (in the Christian World) a personal experience between themselves and their God??? WBC do NOT decide a persons fitness for salvation (in Christian doctrine) so they should just Butt Out with their "Holier Than Thou" premise <_<

The First Amenment refers to the right to Peacefully Assemble... not to haranguing a funeral procession or service. You need to read up on your Constitution!!

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 2

There is a huge difference between defending the right to say something, and actually condoning physical intervention at a funeral that is a solemn remembrance of a person's life.

WBC are simply hatred personified, isnt everyones salvation (in the Christian World) a personal experience between themselves and their God??? WBC do NOT decide a persons fitness for salvation (in Christian doctrine) so they should just Butt Out with their "Holier Than Thou" premise <_<

If they break any laws I hope they get the book thrown at them. Until then they free to say and believe whatever they want. I do not want the government to investigate them just because of their beliefs, no matter how reprehensible I find them to be. Just as I don't want to be investigated because of my beliefs, or have you investigated because of yours.

• Like 4

uhh i think you just owned yourself

Not sure what you mean. I have never been a slave. I have always owned me.

• Like 1

If they break any laws I hope they get the book thrown at them. Until then they free to say and believe whatever they want. I do not want the government to investigate them just because of their beliefs, no matter how reprehensible I find them to be. Just as I don't want to be investigated because of my beliefs, or have you investigated because of yours.

They have the right to say whatever they want. And I have the right to think their idiots... :su

• Like 3

Ignorance always attracts the ignorant (:

WBC has a way of making my blood boil.

It's even more baffling how they truly believe what they're doing is right.

Power of suggestion.

• Like 3

I think WBC may have finally gone too far. Hey, if they want to protest the funerals of US service personnel that's perfectly fine with the Left because, really, they would love to still be spitting on the ones who return alive and would probably like to protest the funerals themselves, but now they are going to protest the funerals of people who died in Boston, people who may have been good little Leftist, well, now, we can't have that.

• Like 1

I think WBC may have finally gone too far. Hey, if they want to protest the funerals of US service personnel that's perfectly fine with the Left because, really, they would love to still be spitting on the ones who return alive and would probably like to protest the funerals themselves, but now they are going to protest the funerals of people who died in Boston, people who may have been good little Leftist, well, now, we can't have that.

:) Nah, I've always wanted to punch the bunch in the throat.

Nibs

• Like 3

Hardly. Those on the left hate the WBC just as much as those on the right and always have.

• Like 2

:) Nah, I've always wanted to punch the bunch in the throat.

Nibs

Hey, Nibs!

I'm sure individuals with Leftist leanings may agree with you, but overall, the Left speaks a good game about how bad the WBC is, but they sure do tolerate them at the funeral protests.

Hardly. Those on the left hate the WBC just as much as those on the right and always have.

I really don't see this. Oh sure, they have to speak out against them because so much of what WBC does is anti-gay, but as long as they're doing their ugly stuff at soldiers' funerals and not at the local gay bar.... Edited by IamsSon