Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Soul becomes part of Universe

quantum substances soul universe near death experience

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,549 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 31 October 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

Let create pointless hypothesis about Unicorns, while we're at it. How about fairies and angels, too?
Not a scientist, not a great thinker or even able to expand on my beliefs, but I do believe that the existence of unicorns, fairies and angels is just as viable as any of the hypothesis on the existence of soul in humans.

I don't discount anything. I don't laugh at or degrade anyone for their beliefs. If any of the latter beliefs can be examined, I read and absorb with dignity and trust.

Just because something comes from human fiction or mystical myths, does not necessarily mean it cannot ultimately be proven, if people will be opened minded and accepting of others thoughts etc.

Posted Image

#32    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 5,746 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 01 November 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

Not a scientist, not a great thinker or even able to expand on my beliefs, but I do believe that the existence of unicorns, fairies and angels is just as viable as any of the hypothesis on the existence of soul in humans.

I don't discount anything. I don't laugh at or degrade anyone for their beliefs. If any of the latter beliefs can be examined, I read and absorb with dignity and trust.

Just because something comes from human fiction or mystical myths, does not necessarily mean it cannot ultimately be proven, if people will be opened minded and accepting of others thoughts etc.

You continue to live your world of unicorns, fairies and angels. I'll be over here with reality.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#33    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,549 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 01 November 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

You continue to live your world of unicorns, fairies and angels. I'll be over here with reality.
ok imaginary, but reality sucketh big time.

Posted Image

#34    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 5,746 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 01 November 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

ok imaginary, but reality sucketh big time.

Hey, I don't disagree. I would love for there to be bigfoots (bigfeet?) out there. How cool would it be if Nessie and Champ were real?
But the fact remains that all of these things, including souls, unicorn, fairies, angels and the like have been studied for years but much better men (and women) than I, and no one has been able to turn up one piece of evidence. Not one single piece. So after years (hundreds if not thousand, in some cases) we are left with the most probable conclusion that these things just simply don't exist.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#35    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

gimcrack

• 10,379 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Mistydawn didn't say she believed in those things ....... she just said she was keeping an open mind; which is what I would say: I don't believe or disbelieve.

Just noticed Insaniac's sig. in another topic:

'Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds'
  Albert Einstein

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#36    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,549 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 01 November 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Hey, I don't disagree. I would love for there to be bigfoots (bigfeet?) out there. How cool would it be if Nessie and Champ were real?
But the fact remains that all of these things, including souls, unicorn, fairies, angels and the like have been studied for years but much better men (and women) than I, and no one has been able to turn up one piece of evidence. Not one single piece. So after years (hundreds if not thousand, in some cases) we are left with the most probable conclusion that these things just simply don't exist.
Hey Imaginary.. I get what you say, but I refuse to give up on hope. Without hope, ugh.

Posted Image

#37    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,549 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 01 November 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

Mistydawn didn't say she believed in those things ....... she just said she was keeping an open mind; which is what I would say: I don't believe or disbelieve.

Just noticed Insaniac's sig. in another topic:

'Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds'
  Albert Einstein
Thank you ouija ouija. Friends are hard to find. I kinow I probably come across as a wee bit demented, but belief in fairies, souls, etc to me, is hope. Hope in the fantastical, makes reality a bit more bareable. Anyhow, we could be trying to prove or disproove their existence for many milleniums to come, doesn't mean to say, that one day, one day, we might find the proof,... so I go on believing...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users