Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Favourite Fighters

Iron_Lotus

Just a simple thread to discuss fighters you like from any combat sports, post pics, videos/highlights or interesting facts about them. One simple rule no streetfights/unsanctioned "fights". I realize there probably are not too many fans on a forum like this however, anyone who is interested feel free to ask questions and comment :) don't be scared.

I'll start... obviously, growing up i mainly watched boxing as i got older kickboxing and mma also interested me greatly.

My favourite boxer of all time is Sugar Ray Robinson with an incredible record of 173-19-6-2 with 108 wins by KO. A 6 time world champion, 5 of those being at middleweight the other at welterweight. He was the greatest of all time and i don't think boxing will ever see another one like him ever again.

The king, the master, my idol.

—Muhammad Ali (When asked about SRR)

i have posted this before in my profile feed im sure a couple people here have seen it but reznicks video quality is top notch and honestly finding high quality fights on youtube is not easy.

Right up there with SRR for my personal favorite boxer is Joe Louis with a stunning record of 69-3-0-1 with 57 wins coming by KO he had one of the hardest punches in the buisiness (ring magazine ranks him #1 greatest punchers of all time) and was a powerhouse to the point where it was almost scary. Louis' championship reign lasted 140 consecutive months, during which he participated in 27 championship fights, He was able to defend his championship 25 times.

[media=]

Edited by Iron_Lotus
  • Like 2

As for kickboxers the two im going to list are night and day to each other. The first being an animal his name Badr Hari at 27 years old he has accumulated an astonishing record of 100-11 with 88 of his wins by KO while plagued with personal problems... and some anger issues he remains one of my favorite fighters his intensity in the ring is nearly unmatched in K-1.

The next is a sadder story his name is Andy Hug with a record of 38-9 with 22 of his wins coming by KO. In Japan he was given the name "Blue-Eyed Samurai", even though he had brown eyes. He was the only K-1 fighter ever to be rewarded an honorary samurai title by K-1 founder Kazuyoshi Ishii. Sadly he was diagnosed with leukemia august 17th 2000, slipping into a coma august 20th, and ultimately passing away 22 hours later.

[media=]

• Like 1

lol nice! wouldnt let me post more than two media files so i was doing this in parts, good pick sir ;)

• Like 1

have a fighter for the top 3 combat sports imo

lol nice! wouldnt let me post more than two media files so i was doing this in parts, good pick sir ;)

thx its how i roll, :tu:
  • Like 2

ah roy jones a hell of a boxer who stuck around a lil too long, incredible reflexes and some fiiiiine footwork.

• Like 2

fedor will always be imo the greatest mma fighter theres plenty who will disagree but that doesn't matter what he did in the ring is far more telling.

• Like 3

fedor will always be imo the greatest mma fighter theres plenty who will disagree but that doesn't matter what he did in the ring is far more telling.

[media=]

[/media]

ya he is great not my fav but you cant deny the guy his skill.

this dude is just to mean when he tries to wrapp you up tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkM9psCL9ec&feature=player_detailpage

• Like 1

lets show some love for the dragon that guy works his ass off.

[media=]

[/media]

lol mini hulk is bada$$

i've come to respect lyoto more over the years i didnt really care for him too much it took me a long time to get used to his style but when he turns it on he can bring it hard and i really like that.

this is a fantastic shogun tribute

we need shogun lyoto 3

• Like 1

not my fav thing to watch but you have to respect these guys, they put their body threw HELL (by starving them selfs, dehydrating) and still have to fight 3-5 ppl a single DAY. and in the end they are just called gay -.-

• Like 1

i've come to respect lyoto more over the years i didnt really care for him too much it took me a long time to get used to his style but when he turns it on he can bring it hard and i really like that.

this is a fantastic shogun tribute

[media=]

[/media]

we need shogun lyoto 3

i didnt like shogun until recently he just seemed to off and on to rly get into his fights but man does tht guy have heart (how many people can just be hit with a weapon of mass destruction called hendos right hand multiple times and keep coming forward?)

rousey is a beast i see her holding her title for a very long time her judo is superb and to win by armbar EVERY time and not have an oponent come in with a gameplan to beat it is crazy

the greatest female boxer right here even ali's daughter ducked her

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Iron_Lotus

sweet pea!!!!

[media=]

[/media]

pernell was incredible pinpoint accuracy amazing speed and agility, near complete package not enough of these guys come around

rousey is a beast i see her holding her title for a very long time her judo is superb and to win by armbar EVERY time and not have an oponent come in with a gameplan to beat it is crazy

the greatest female boxer right here even ali's daughter ducked her

sweet Jesus O.O

[media=]

scar face dont play.

Edited by notoverrated
  • Like 1

sweet Jesus O.O

[media=]

[/media]

scar face dont play.

lol thats one way of putting it :D

aldo is a great fighter loved his fight with hominick being canadian i felt bad for him but he put on a solid performance but aldo will be the champ for a very long time imo

• Like 1