Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Israel? Destroys Russian Yahkonts in Syria

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

If there is hysteria about Yakhonts and S-300 that have not even arrived, and these are only anti-ship and anti-aircraft missiles, I wonder what the hysteria would be if Smerch "BM-30" was sold to Syria. It is soon to be replaced, so plenty of systems for sale to needy countries with aggresive neighbours........

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 15 July 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#32    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,372 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

View Postand then, on 13 July 2013 - 01:51 AM, said:

http://www.haaretz.c...ls-say-1.535502

A not so subtle message for Pooty poot that his S-300s will also make for a nice bonfire if they arrive.  :)
Any Syrian counterattack on Israel now is in self defense.  Of course the hypocritical Zionist media won't be able to understand that logic because having a double standard is just too important.   Israel can attack Syria four times or six times or ten times, and the first time Syria retaliates, it will be "attacking Israel!"

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#33    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostYamato, on 15 July 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Any Syrian counterattack on Israel now is in self defense.  Of course the hypocritical Zionist media won't be able to understand that logic because having a double standard is just too important.   Israel can attack Syria four times or six times or ten times, and the first time Syria retaliates, it will be "attacking Israel!"

Oh boy, you have been surfing your islamist conspiracy sites again?

Fact is, the standard media procedure is quite the opposite. Hamas or Hizbollah shoot rockets into Israel? That is ho-hum, if it is reported at all. But the moment Israel responds, it is reported in headline news as an "attack". Check out the previous media history and see for yourself.

But I suppose the simple islamist talking points easier, and of course in general the leftist crowd has adopted them.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#34    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,372 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 15 July 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

Oh boy, you have been surfing your islamist conspiracy sites again?

Fact is, the standard media procedure is quite the opposite. Hamas or Hizbollah shoot rockets into Israel? That is ho-hum, if it is reported at all. But the moment Israel responds, it is reported in headline news as an "attack". Check out the previous media history and see for yourself.

But I suppose the simple islamist talking points easier, and of course in general the leftist crowd has adopted them.
I didn't say anything about Islam.   Can you form a cogent thought about anything in the Middle East without a barbaric Crusade breaking out?

Check out the media history?   I'm not in Tokyo and absolutely insulated from everything that goes on in the Middle East because I have a government that isn't batshit insane in its foreign policy.  Is the Japanese government "Islamist"?   Get a grip bud.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#35    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,640 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 15 July 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

If there is hysteria about Yakhonts and S-300 that have not even arrived, and these are only anti-ship and anti-aircraft missiles, I wonder what the hysteria would be if Smerch "BM-30" was sold to Syria. It is soon to be replaced, so plenty of systems for sale to needy countries with aggresive neighbours........

Odd that you would call the discussion about Yakhonts "hysteria".  It's not an especially high end weapon system by western standards but it is accurate enough to cause Israel problems in such a small area as the eastern med.   I suspect the reason Russia refrains from selling their version - probably a very good version - of MRLS is that they also have no interest in further destabilising the region.  Any weapon system that was used to cause mass casualties, especially outside Syrian territory, would cause Assad's game to be "called" on account of a fiery rain from Israel.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#36    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostYamato, on 15 July 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

I didn't say anything about Islam.   Can you form a cogent thought about anything in the Middle East without a barbaric Crusade breaking out?

Check out the media history?   I'm not in Tokyo and absolutely insulated from everything that goes on in the Middle East because I have a government that isn't batshit insane in its foreign policy.  Is the Japanese government "Islamist"?   Get a grip bud.

Your talking points are a direct regurgitation of islamist propaganda. OK, I don´t know where you got them from. Since the islamist narrative has been largely swallowed by the political left (and also some rightwing nuts), you might have gotten them from there. Care to share your sources?

As for location, you don't say where you live. Not in Israel is a safe guess, and not in an area within reach of Katsushita rockets from Gaza is a very safe guess. Do surprise us.

As for media history, you obviously have a web connection. Take the time to correlate the long list of rocket attacks against Israel and the short of Israeli reaction with the respective press coverage in the NYT, Reuters, and the Guardian to take a few typical samles. That would rattle your simplistic world view a little.

But I guess just swallowng the propganda is a lot easier.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#37    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

View Postand then, on 15 July 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Odd that you would call the discussion about Yakhonts "hysteria".  It's not an especially high end weapon system by western standards but it is accurate enough to cause Israel problems in such a small area as the eastern med.   I suspect the reason Russia refrains from selling their version - probably a very good version - of MRLS is that they also have no interest in further destabilising the region.  Any weapon system that was used to cause mass casualties, especially outside Syrian territory, would cause Assad's game to be "called" on account of a fiery rain from Israel.
Oh but any discussion of Russian arms in Levant is hysteria as it is always a case of Russian arms "bad" and Israeli arms, well, stop talking! nothing to see here! move along! ignore these made in USA labels....

BM-30 is not a version of MRLS, for MLRS is a version of all BM systems from the original BM-13, Katyusha. In the video it is pointed out that BM-30 is superior to MLRS, and replacement will be even better. West has always lagged behind in these type of systems, you do not even have equivalent of Buratino. Such systems win battles and US or Israel has never faced these "high end" sytems in battle, only export models. And Assad's "game"? to invade Israel as a diversion from his fight for survival perhaps?. The only "game" is that played by USA in it's madness for power and $$$$$$, always $$$$$$.

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 15 July 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#38    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 15 July 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Not in Israel is a safe guess, and not in an area within reach of Katsushita rockets from Gaza
An interesting miss-spelling from Tokyo, as Katsushita is an area of Tokyo. Clearly you meant Katyusha, or there something happening in Tokyo that we should know about....,..

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 15 July 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#39    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,640 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 15 July 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Oh but any discussion of Russian arms in Levant is hysteria as it is always a case of Russian arms "bad" and Israeli arms, well, stop talking! nothing to see here! move along! ignore these made in USA labels....

BM-30 is not a version of MRLS, for MLRS is a version of all BM systems from the original BM-13, Katyusha. In the video it is pointed out that BM-30 is superior to MLRS, and replacement will be even better. West has always lagged behind in these type of systems, you do not even have equivalent of Buratino. Such systems win battles and US or Israel has never faced these "high end" sytems in battle, only export models. And Assad's "game"? to invade Israel as a diversion from his fight for survival perhaps?. The only "game" is that played by USA in it's madness for power and $$$$$$, always $$$$$$.
Yes, the evil USA... and Russia, pure as the driven snow.  Watched a little too much Sergei Eisenstein?  :)
And there is a very good reason the US nor Israel has ever had to face those systems.  Realpolitik.  THAT war may come some day but let's pray it never does.

#40    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

In all seriousness;
The fact people like 'zaphod' would try to focus on definitions instead of the blatantly obvious general point is indicative of the state of mind of these sort of individuals.
This while 'Palestine' [<=1946] ofcourse holds both the Gaza strip as well as the West Bank.

Edited by Phaeton80, 15 July 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#41    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

View Postand then, on 15 July 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

Yes, the evil USA... and Russia, pure as the driven snow.  Watched a little too much Sergei Eisenstein?  :)
And there is a very good reason the US nor Israel has ever had to face those systems.  Realpolitik.  THAT war may come some day but let's pray it never does.
You probably think of "Alexander Nevski" as his other films were essentially about internal affairs, "Ivan Grozny" or "Andrei Rublev" for instance. Yet Alexander Nevski, apart from rather crude potrayal of Teutonic Knights, was a reasonable telling of the "Battle on the ice". Today we can see what elements he did not put in, and at the beginning of the film the distortion of the Viking involvement in Russia, but the film is not some over the top travesty, which is why it is was widely shown in the West, and is easily available to buy or DL. I rather think it is American war films that are over the top with patriotism, Soviet/Russian films tend to be more modest, and honest about realities. "Ivan's Childhood" "Come and See" and the more recent "Fortress Brest" are good examples, and of course are highly regarded films. I cannot see US ever making a film like "Ivan's Childhood".

#42    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,372 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 15 July 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Your talking points are a direct regurgitation of islamist propaganda. OK, I don´t know where you got them from. Since the islamist narrative has been largely swallowed by the political left (and also some rightwing nuts), you might have gotten them from there. Care to share your sources?

As for location, you don't say where you live. Not in Israel is a safe guess, and not in an area within reach of Katsushita rockets from Gaza is a very safe guess. Do surprise us.

As for media history, you obviously have a web connection. Take the time to correlate the long list of rocket attacks against Israel and the short of Israeli reaction with the respective press coverage in the NYT, Reuters, and the Guardian to take a few typical samles. That would rattle your simplistic world view a little.

But I guess just swallowng the propganda is a lot easier.
My argument doesn't have diddly to do with Islam.   If Israelis were under the kind of oppression that Palestinians are, the difference between me and you is, my position on ending that BS wouldn't change at all.  You'd be screaming bloody murder with your Japanozionist hair on fire.   I've told you where I live.   A very small minority of rockets fired into Israel came from Gaza, so that's not the reason Gaza is under siege and the other places where the vast majority of rockets came from are not.  With all due respect, have some logical consistency in your arguments.

#43    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,640 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

Yam the rocket fire is almost EXCLUSIVELY from Gaza and into southern Israel.  The fact that it is ineffectual doesn't lessen the psychological impact - not that this matters in the least to a propagandist :)

#44    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,372 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

View Postand then, on 15 July 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Yam the rocket fire is almost EXCLUSIVELY from Gaza and into southern Israel.  The fact that it is ineffectual doesn't lessen the psychological impact - not that this matters in the least to a propagandist :)
Since the siege of Gaza, yes.  Historically a small percentage of rockets has come from Gaza.   But presently Israel is warring against Gaza, bombarding it with hundreds of airstrikes.   So Gaza is supposed to sit in their concentration camp and not shoot the one weapon they have left?    Well Israel's enemy can't fight back because it's not allowed.   It's reported in the media that every time someone in Gaza shoots something, they shot first.    People who love liberty over oppressive regimes like Israel's understand that when oppression is perpetual, the oppressed never shoot first.  They woke up on the day they shot their rocket oppressed already.

#45    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,640 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostYamato, on 16 July 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

Since the siege of Gaza, yes.  Historically a small percentage of rockets has come from Gaza.   But presently Israel is warring against Gaza, bombarding it with hundreds of airstrikes.   So Gaza is supposed to sit in their concentration camp and not shoot the one weapon they have left? Well Israel's enemy can't fight back because it's not allowed.   It's reported in the media that every time someone in Gaza shoots something, they shot first. People who love liberty over oppressive regimes like Israel's understand that when oppression is perpetual, the oppressed never shoot first.  They woke up on the day they shot their rocket oppressed already.
Which means they(Palestinians) can do anything and it is always justified.  Yep, that seems like a peacemaking frame of mind alright.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users