Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Jam Jar Bar of My Own!

sarah snow

Hi Guys,

After the business meeting tonight and solictors' wheels about to turn, it looks like my venture is going ahead, and I am so excited!!

I am taking over the lease in October of a beautiful rural village pub in October, so I am going to have my own Jam Jar Bar :w00t::w00t:

I have no doubt it is going to be major hard work, no life apart from running the business for at least the next 2.5 years. BUT I could not be more pleased. I've known this pub for over 20 years, and in the 80s used to work there full time.

For those that have followed my thread about Haunted local pub, yup! I'm taking over that one!! (Anvil is aware, such an opportunity to investigate the activity with it soon being 'my' pub and my living there 24/7!) :yes:

Can't wait to place my personal stamp on the pub, and make it (please keep all your fingers and toes crossed for me!) into a thriving and happy enterprise that will be once again the heart of the village and cater for the many holidaymakers who come to stay in the area, offering great home-cooked food, locally sourced, whilst offering a hub for people in the surrounding villages.

Wish me luck!! All being well I take over in mid October :tu:

Thanks to all my buddies here who've known my plans and encouraged and supported me. I'm so glad to feel confident enough to say....it looks like it really will happen!! :w00t::w00t:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sarah snow

• Cloudshill

• She-ra

• schizoidwoman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay I'm coming to visit :) Who's with me???

You'd be very welcome, you know that, lovely :yes:

I'd already made some plans for UM pals next year for them to visit me before this venture kinda fell in my lap. But now it's really gonna happen, and I'll be running the pub for 2.5 years (with option to buy, but I sadly right now don't have half a million squids, but if it's successful...who knows? :tu: )

You can come anytime, She-Ra. It would be lovely to meet you properly, and I bet you lot will have vigils and cameras all over the place to try and capture the activity, how GREAT is this? I feel so lucky :)

Edited by sarah snow

Oh I would definately bring my ghosty hunting equipment!! How awesome would that be???? Although, I have to warn everyone- no screaming allowed during my ghost hunts :lol: other than that anything goes!!!!! Of course we would post all of our findings here!!

Where has BM been? I havent seen her around lately?

Wow a real life Jam Jar, that could be scary LOL congrats Sarah and all the best to your new Pub and patrons, woohoo baby LOL

Oh I would definately bring my ghosty hunting equipment!! How awesome would that be???? Although, I have to warn everyone- no screaming allowed during my ghost hunts :lol: other than that anything goes!!!!! Of course we would post all of our findings here!!

Where has BM been? I havent seen her around lately?

Oh yessss, bring everything you need, and I won't be squealing I promise. I'll be living in the big old spooky place on my own, and can't wait ^_^

BM has been really busy, her lil Becky recently started school, so she's swamped with Mommy stuff, love her!! Blimey, Becky is not so little anymore!!! They grow up so quickly :blink:

Edited by sarah snow

Good luck with your new venture into running a pub!original.gif I hope it is interesting and not too stressful!

Okay I'm coming to visit :) Who's with me???

I want to go!! *Starts saving some money* :)

I hope you are a huge success ! and don't forget Daffyd !

Little_051031092813208_wideweb__300x375.jpg

Ripley, you made me almost spit Dt. Coke all over the keyboard!!! LOL :rofl:

Congrats Sarah,, May you have a great future on your venture,,, I can only imagine your exitment,,

Best wishes on it,

Regards;

TFF

Thanks, Guys!!

I am soooo excited, has to be said :w00t:

Hey tcgram, you betcha, you always have a place to stay here with me while I am there :w00t:

Also decided I am going to have a pair of ice skates hanging up in the pub, to symbolise welcome to my old Jam Jar mates of UM :yes:

Edited by sarah snow

Wow a real life Jam Jar, that could be scary LOL congrats Sarah and all the best to your new Pub and patrons, woohoo baby LOL

Thanks so much, Thongy!!

It really is going to be a real life Jam Jar Bar, OMG!! Hope I am lucky enough to have the great atmosphere we all shared in there, and all I need now is to work out how to set up my own website cos I have not got a clue :lol: My Dad has registered the domain name, so getting there.

But once it is sorted, I'm really hoping that we can maybe have a cam set up that might capture night-time activity. plus a cam in the accommodation, where a lot of the activity seems to happen there.

I'll be so busy I know with running it and my plan is to have a snack menu at lunchtimes and a chef in for evenings. Very lucky that there are so many local suppliers, so it's going to be all food from the local area. But an aim is to not make myself a rich bird (you never do in a pub in England in these times) but to have a business to be proud of, make a living wage, and support local suppliers as much as I can.

Cream teas in summer. Nice puds and nutritious meals and reasonably-priced local ale from Devon suppliers. I will be a freehold, so not tied to a brewery. Ideal :tu:

I wish they still produced a Cornish ale called 'Badger's A*se' as that would be a mainstay of my pumps :lol: and bloody fine ale it was too

Edited by sarah snow

I'm a bit rubbish at posting since the update, but hope these attachments worked to give you an idea of the place :wub:

post-78812-125245701879_thumb.jpg

post-78812-125245703076_thumb.jpg

post-78812-125245704484_thumb.jpg

Is that a smoker's section outside?

(I'm not a smoker but I thought I would ask)

:lol: It's part of the small beer garden there, but yes people go out there to smoke. Also it is very well sheltered, so in evenings a good place for people who smoke to go. Many of the locals smoke, so it's a good place to have, and means I avoid the downfall of other places, in that I do not have to build a shelter and get planning permission :yes:

If I'm ever in that part of the world again I'll come in for a shandy and some pork scratchings !!

You would be very welcome, sweetie. I love pork scratchings too :wub: It would be lovely to meet you :yes: xxx

Edited by sarah snow

Brilliant pic's Sarah!! It looks wonderful! Thanks for the info on BM :) I was wondering where she was off to...

Okay so TC Gram and I will be on our way :lol:

Brilliant pic's Sarah!! It looks wonderful! Thanks for the info on BM :) I was wondering where she was off to...

Okay so TC Gram and I will be on our way :lol:

Oh, hun, it's so quaint and quirky! See that curve of the wall in the piccy thst follows the lane round? That's all the flat. It's so higgledy-piggledy and cute in the flat above, you are gonna LOVE it. It even has little bedroom door frames internally, that lean with the curvature of the building and the slope it's just.... :wub:

HARD WORK ahead. Love it, and can't wait xxx :w00t::w00t:

I am sure BM will be around soon, love her! You'll understand better than me this kid thing :lol:;)

Send her a PM, bet she would love to hear from ya, hunny xxx

Edited by sarah snow

Oh, hun, it's so quaint and quirky! See that curve of the wall in the piccy thst follows the lane round? That's all the flat. It's so higgledy-piggledy and cute in the flat above, you are gonna LOVE it. It even has little bedroom door frames internally, that lean with the curvature of the building and the slope it's just.... :wub:

HARD WORK ahead. Love it, and can't wait xxx :w00t::w00t:

I am sure BM will be around soon, love her! You'll understand better than me this kid thing :lol:;)

Send her a PM, bet she would love to hear from ya, hunny xxx

It looks absolutely wonderful :yes::wub: Okay I will shoot her a message :)

I am so pleased for you... I can't wait to visit and prop up the bar!!!

Hi Guys,

After the business meeting tonight and solictors' wheels about to turn, it looks like my venture is going ahead, and I am so excited!!

I am taking over the lease in October of a beautiful rural village pub in October, so I am going to have my own Jam Jar Bar :w00t::w00t:

I have no doubt it is going to be major hard work, no life apart from running the business for at least the next 2.5 years. BUT I could not be more pleased. I've known this pub for over 20 years, and in the 80s used to work there full time.

For those that have followed my thread about Haunted local pub, yup! I'm taking over that one!! (Anvil is aware, such an opportunity to investigate the activity with it soon being 'my' pub and my living there 24/7!) :yes:

Can't wait to place my personal stamp on the pub, and make it (please keep all your fingers and toes crossed for me!) into a thriving and happy enterprise that will be once again the heart of the village and cater for the many holidaymakers who come to stay in the area, offering great home-cooked food, locally sourced, whilst offering a hub for people in the surrounding villages.

Wish me luck!! All being well I take over in mid October :tu:

Thanks to all my buddies here who've known my plans and encouraged and supported me. I'm so glad to feel confident enough to say....it looks like it really will happen!! :w00t::w00t:

If that isn't the coolest thing I've heard in some time, I don't know what is. Congratulations Sarah and much success on your new venture.

cormac

If that isn't the coolest thing I've heard in some time, I don't know what is. Congratulations Sarah and much success on your new venture.

cormac

Thanks, hunny!! Really appreciate all the good wishes. Still all seems on the right track for takeover!! :tsu:

I am so pleased for you... I can't wait to visit and prop up the bar!!!

I am so looking forward to you & Rick coming to stay, SW! :w00t: I walked out tonight after I looked up and right outside you could see The Plough, clear as a bell in the starry sky. No light pollution, just there to greet ya- sweet! :wub:

You're gonna love it I hope, and even before I was sure it would happen you've been such a great support to me on the QT. It's gonna be excellent when you guys come to stay xxx :tu:

Edited by sarah snow