Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Recent UFO video from New York City

bison

This is a rather interesting looking video of a globular UFO, over New York City, that drifts slowly, seems to change shape somewhat, and finally scoots off very quickly, upward, and back in the general direction it came from. Probably not a balloon, considering the quick departure. If some kind of computer-created image is suggested, I would appreciate being shown some firm support for this contention. [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41|ULbAbKkc[/media]

Edited by bison

This is a rather interesting looking video of a globular UFO, over New York City, that drifts slowly, seems to change shape somewhat, and finally scoots off very quickly, upward, and back in the general direction it came from. Probably not a balloon, considering the quick departure. If some kind of computer-created image is suggested, I would appreciate being shown some firm support for this contention. [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41|ULbAbKkc[/media]

Link isn't working, it says the video doesn't exist.

Link isn't working, it says the video doesn't exist.

Damn those MIB's work quick these days!

• Like 2

Yeah. The you tube address for this video has a vertical line symbol in it. I have this in my font, but it still doesn't make the link work. There must be more than one sort of vertical line character. Any ideas out there about a solution to this problem?

The title on the video? Okay. Its: UFO IN NEW YORK CITY JANUARY 2013

I'm pretty sure I saw and heard *something* ,beginning of this month . I posted it on my status,as I was freaked out .And I'm not a UFO kinda person .

Let me see if dates are close.

I want to say UFOs and sounds were heard across the west side of the country ,the next day I think .

It was weird .

or

Yup, making fake UFO's look real is possible.

If some kind of computer-created image is suggested, I would appreciate being shown some firm support for this contention.

Look at this one. It came up in the same search .

Costa Rica Jan 23

Is this the video?

[media=]

[/media]

Yes, that is the video to which I was referring. Thank you, Klipperphoenix for providing a direct, working link.

Is this the video?

[media=]

[/media]

That's pretty odd,however,given its considerable size ,and position in the air,dozens of people should have seen it.

It IS new York .

The fact this wasn't on the news or there aren't vids of it from other angles,including from the near by buildings,is very telling .

• Like 1

Ok,my weird experience was early morning Jan 8 .It was nothing like the video ,and it was more the noise that freaked me out,than the bizarre lights .

Yes, that is the video to which I was referring. Thank you, Klipperphoenix for providing a direct, working link.

No problem.

At first, I thought the video looked pretty good, but when it zipped away, I knew it was fake. It's the way it moves as it's zipping away. It looks like a very poor CGI effect. Plus, after watching the video over a few times, I noticed that the UFO has some motion tracking issues. It doesn't always sync with the camera's movements. That's why I think the video is fake.

• Like 1

Can can see where the image of the object breaks up a bit, when the camera is moved too quickly. It is possible that this could be caused by after-images of a actual dark object against a plain, light background, rather than errors in an image created by a computer?

Unfortunately, with the technology readily available to anyone finding enjoyment in fooling people, we can't really be sure of what's real or not.

the line is getting less and less clear. No wonder people like to discuss the old cases because it's less likely to be fake.

At the point where the image of the object begins breaking up, about 1:01 into the video, I notice that there is also a smearing and faint doubling of the sharp spires of two of the tallest buildings. This all seemed to be caused by camera motion. It somehow seems unlikely that an error in an image artificially inserted into the skyline would happen to occur at just the same instant as motion induced effects similarly broke up the images of the building spires, or am I misunderstanding something about this?

If you want to see where it kind of appears to have trouble syncing with the camera's movements, just watch the beginning of the video. Like literally as the video starts. The camera jitters a bit and the UFO kind of jolts around too much. (It's easier to see in the slow-mo part of the video) Also, the animation when it zips off looks to smooth and clear, when it should be at least a bit blurry because it's moving so fast. It's a fake, just like all the other videos on that YouTube channel.

That's pretty odd,however,given its considerable size ,and position in the air,dozens of people should have seen it.

It IS new York .

The fact this wasn't on the news or there aren't vids of it from other angles,including from the near by buildings,is very telling .

The one thing about manhattan is that the people in nyc will never look upto see a ufo because you are surrounded by high rise buildings. Most people are usually shopping when they are in the city, looking through windows. Or they are usually looking down on there cell phones, never up in the sky. The person who caught this video seems to be in queens ny hence the good view of the city.

The one thing about manhattan is that the people in nyc will never look upto see a ufo because you are surrounded by high rise buildings. Most people are usually shopping when they are in the city, looking through windows. Or they are usually looking down on there cell phones, never up in the sky. The person who caught this video seems to be in queens ny hence the good view of the city.

We do look up ,and out our windows when we work .People in nyc do report UFOs . Where in Queens is this view ? LIC ?

Given that area is full of people during the day,how did no one else there see it ?

We do look up ,and out our windows when we work .People in nyc do report UFOs . Where in Queens is this view ? LIC ?

Given that area is full of people during the day,how did no one else there see it ?

Yea I think so, it looks like he's on the north west side of long island city. If i'm not mistaken you can see a portion of the queens borough bridge in the video.... by the way I know people in nyc see ufos, I'm one of those new yorkers. But more than often you'll catch the average new yorker walking as they look down on there phones rather than with there heads up looking to the skies.

Yea I think so, it looks like he's on the north west side of long island city. If i'm not mistaken you can see a portion of the queens borough bridge in the video.... by the way I know people in nyc see ufos, I'm one of those new yorkers. But more than often you'll catch the average new yorker walking as they look down on there phones rather than with there heads up looking to the skies.

Something that big,would be noticed by more than one person .I've lived in nyc my entire life,except the few years I lived in Japan . I was born at Astoria general,before it became whatever its called now. I have friends with businesses in LIC .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Something that big,would be noticed by more than one person .I've lived in nyc my entire life,except the few years I lived in Japan . I was born at Astoria general,before it became whatever its called now. I have friends with businesses in LIC .

Where you in the city on the day of 10/13/10 ?