Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Takes 5 yr Old hostage

Ashotep

MIDLAND CITY, Ala. A standoff in rural Alabama went into a third day as police surrounded an underground bunker where authorities said a retired truck driver was holding a 5-year-old hostage he grabbed off a school bus after shooting the driver dead.

Alabama child hostage situation in third day with shooting suspect, boy holed up in bunker

I hope this little boy is released soon safe.

He also shot at others and beat a dog so bad that he died within a week. Scum.

• Like 2

He obviously has mental problems... I just hope he lets the child go...

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

He's been doing such crazy things for so long you think he would of been locked up, or put in a straight jacket, a long time ago.

• Like 2

Horrible, hopefully the boy will be unarmed.

He's been doing such crazy things for so long you think he would of been locked up, or put in a straight jacket, a long time ago.

That's why thye need stricter laws for animal abuse.

People always say it starts with animal abuse, so if it was sorted then, it wouldn't have gone this far. (as you said)

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 6

Horrible, hopefully the boy will be unarmed.

That's why thye need stricter laws for animal abuse.

People always say it starts with animal abuse, so if it was sorted then, it wouldn't have gone this far. (as you said)

If I owned that dog, this guy would still be in the hospital.

• Like 6

If I owned that dog, this guy would still be in the hospital.

Same. :tu:

If this guy has a record :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Why do we keep spinning our wheels, going nowhere but repeating and retreading with these violent criminals and revictimizing (word?) society!

The record of some of these repeat offenders is beyond sickening and beyond comprehension as to why they get the opportunity to add to their record!

More accountability is needed from those who sentence, rehabilitate, counsel, and release these offenders.

Why are officials in the judicial system so **** immune?

And has been said early warning signs in a juvenile (animal abuse, arson) need to be addressed not sealed away like the problem dissappears!

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 5

why bother?? lets just take guns away from those that most likely will comply. it is so much easier, and looks like we are actually doing something good. don't wanna be too rough on criminals, we need their votes, and they can actually hurt us. just today in tx a assistant DA was killed in front of the court house. i'm 99'9% sure it was not robery or wife that cought him cheating.

• Like 2

oh look another merican with a gun -_-

Exactly what I was thinking. What the gun don't realize that they are arguing to keep guns in the hands of people like this because it is their right. What about the law abiding citizen's rights to be safe from crazies owning guns?

Exactly what I was thinking. What the gun don't realize that they are arguing to keep guns in the hands of people like this because it is their right. What about the law abiding citizen's rights to be safe from crazies owning guns?

sorry but in usa you don't have that right. but you are welcome to post a link proving me wrong.

and no one says sickos like that should have any guns, or be on the streets at all.

first listen to what opposition is saying, before telling how wrong they are, unless your goal is to spread lies, in that case you are in a good company, we have others here with same agenda.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

If this guy has a record :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Why do we keep spinning our wheels, going nowhere but repeating and retreading with these violent criminals and revictimizing (word?) society!

The record of some of these repeat offenders is beyond sickening and beyond comprehension as to why they get the opportunity to add to their record!

More accountability is needed from those who sentence, rehabilitate, counsel, and release these offenders.

Why are officials in the judicial system so **** immune?

And has been said early warning signs in a juvenile (animal abuse, arson) need to be addressed not sealed away like the problem dissappears!

Absolutely!!!

• Like 2

oh look another merican with a gun -_-

There was no need for that....People here are taking in interest in the story itself.. And now in comes someone to yack on about gun owners.. Give it a rest, we already have a dozen threads for that..

This thread is about a little boy snatched from a school bus by someone who obviously has mental problems ... It is not about gun owners v's anti gun... Now this will kick off a whole new debate ( to add to the pile that already exists ) on the second amendment and anti gunners...Obama will get a mention next, somebody will be sure to fart out a conspiracy....sigh lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 7

sorry but in usa you don't have that right. but you are welcome to post a link proving me wrong.

and no one says sickos like that should have any guns, or be on the streets at all.

first listen to what opposition is saying, before telling how wrong they are, unless your goal is to spread lies, in that case you are in a good company, we have others here with same agenda.

I have not only read what is being said on this site, but on CNN and other new sites. And that is what is being said by some: the rights of US citizens to own guns is so important above all else, even if some crazies have guns. The RIGHT to bear arms is the end all be all argument rather than looking at why they need to bear arms in the first place. If everyone NEEDS to own guns for their own protection....then that society needs to look long and hard at itself and see how to reverse this. I am scared for the citizens of the US. I don't want to see a civil war that would kill thousands of innocents when it could have been avoided by people actually lustening to the other side and BOTH sides makes concessions.

I have not only read what is being said on this site, but on CNN and other new sites. And that is what is being said by some: the rights of US citizens to own guns is so important above all else, even if some crazies have guns. The RIGHT to bear arms is the end all be all argument rather than looking at why they need to bear arms in the first place. If everyone NEEDS to own guns for their own protection....then that society needs to look long and hard at itself and see how to reverse this. I am scared for the citizens of the US. I don't want to see a civil war that would kill thousands of innocents when it could have been avoided by people actually lustening to the other side and BOTH sides makes concessions.

well you miised everythng than, or just can't get it.

we don't want sickos and felons to have guns, we don't even want them walking the streets, we want those that are not sickos and felons have guns. pretty simple really. we have been saying it all along , but you choose to listen to your idea of what we said.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

There was no need for that....People here are taking in interest in the story itself.. And now in comes someone to yack on about gun owners.. Give it a rest, we already have a dozen threads for that..

This thread is about a little boy snatched from a school bus by someone who obviously has mental problems ... It is not about gun owners v's anti gun... Now this will kick off a whole new debate ( to add to the pile that already exists ) on the second amendment and anti gunners...Obama will get a mention next, somebody will be sure to fart out a conspiracy....sigh lol

Well i am allowed my views and if you don't like i believe thats called tough crap, yes i feel for the boy bloody hell what heartless sod wouldn't but fact remains its another head case who just happens to be an american with a gun..

im all for people having guns as my father goes clay pidgeon shooting with an under an over shotgun but correct me if im wrong dont things like gun shows let people buy them with no need of proof or checks an such?! and since when did assault weapons start being used for hunting? it baffles the mind and also i have to wonder how many headcases are slipping through the system and why nothing seems to be done to notice them before its too late

i can only hope though that boy doesnt suffer at the hands of a headcase

Edited by chromefox

The word hostage usually implies a ransom. I don't know what this psycho has proposed to the negotiators, but if it was my child I think I would just quote him some lines from Mel Gibsons movie Ransom;

"This, this is what waits for the man that took him. This is your ransom. Two million dollars. But this is as close as you'll ever get to it. You'll never see one dollar of this money, because no ransom will ever be paid for my son. Not a dime, not one penny. Instead, I'm offering this money as a reward on your head. Dead or alive, it doesn't matter. So congratulations, you just became a two million dollar lottery ticket."

Well i am allowed my views

I didn't say your views weren't allowed, but you were not addressing the actual story at hand..

yes i feel for the boy bloody hell what heartless sod wouldn't

Oh yes, I noticed that instantly with your first post..!!

its another head case who just happens to be an american with a gun..

But the highlight and what stands out more so is the concern for the little boy...The majority of the people reading it here, are more concerned with that

i can only hope though that boy doesnt suffer at the hands of a headcase

As does everyone else here... My questions lead to - Why did he do it? ...And what will he do to this boy? I guess only time will tell

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

The word hostage usually implies a ransom. I don't know what this psycho has proposed to the negotiators, but if it was my child I think I would just quote him some lines from Mel Gibsons movie Ransom;

"This, this is what waits for the man that took him. This is your ransom. Two million dollars. But this is as close as you'll ever get to it. You'll never see one dollar of this money, because no ransom will ever be paid for my son. Not a dime, not one penny. Instead, I'm offering this money as a reward on your head. Dead or alive, it doesn't matter. So congratulations, you just became a two million dollar lottery ticket."

Not all ransoms are about exchange for money... It seems to be something else... He knew he was wanted for other charges, so could it be he is holding the boy as if to say ( in his own mental state of mind ) . You cant take me, I have this boy, if you try and make me face the charges, I will hurt him.. ? It might not make sense, then again, he is one that comes off as someone who is not of sound mind... So who knows?

• Like 1

The real issue isn't violent video games or guns its the fact in the US mental illness is ignored. In the past years cuts have been made for such programs. Someone in authority should of paid attention to the way this man was acting a long time ago and made him take a mental evaluation. If this had of happen in this case and others many people would be alive now that wasn't. Then there's the number one area where deaths occur from gun violence and that is gang bangers. Which is another area that isn't addressed properly by officials.

I just hope and pray this little boy isn't harmed because of mental illness that should of been dealt with a long time ago.

• Like 3

There are very few state mental hospitals anymore. That means you have to have insurance to get into a private one. It's very difficult to get someone admitted to either one though. It's a sad state.

• Like 4