Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ex-FBI employee claims she saw angels

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

people usually make outlandish claims for personal gain, in this case book sales.

#32    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

If she suffers from PTSD she probably really believes in what she saw.  I don't believe it but I'm sure she does.  Most people don't just convert from Catholicism to spiritualism that time in their life for no reason.  
If she makes the families feel better with her book, good for her.

#33    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

How come that people have instinct to believe in the first place?
Why would one when see something wierd have instinct to believe in something?
Beliefs have own reason for existing otherwise it shouldnt be here.

Im not saying that I belive her but I would realy like to hear more from her.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#34    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

View Postthe L, on 06 July 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

Im not saying that I belive her but I would realy like to hear more from her.

Buy the book...

http://www.amazon.co...41620987&sr=8-1

Its a bit pricey though (I would go for the Kindle version :tu: ).

Edited by Junior Chubb, 07 July 2012 - 12:32 AM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#35    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

It would be comforting for  family members who lost a loved one if it could be proven beyond doubt to be true

#36    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,083 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

So this Ex-FBI Agent shouldn't be believed.

But Ex-FBI Agents spouting insane 9/11 Truther crap should be swallowed hook line and sinker - even if they're selling books or videos.

Got it!  :tu:

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#37    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,008 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

Maybe she was just trying to sell a book but I  have to believe her, only for the fact that my mom`s friend told her of a experience her young grand daughter  ten years old had in walking along the rail road tracks with her little brother and a man tired to attack her and she said this angel came and scare the man away, does one believe a child ?

#38    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,083 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 08 July 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

Maybe she was just trying to sell a book but I  have to believe her, only for the fact that my mom`s friend told her of a experience her young grand daughter  ten years old had in walking along the rail road tracks with her little brother and a man tired to attack her and she said this angel came and scare the man away, does one believe a child ?

That would be a negatory.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#39    Sheetz

Sheetz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 06 July 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

If she suffers from PTSD she probably really believes in what she saw.  I don't believe it but I'm sure she does.  Most people don't just convert from Catholicism to spiritualism that time in their life for no reason.  
If she makes the families feel better with her book, good for her.
I can get onboard with that....I think there will only be good from it if she were to donate ALL proceeds from the sale of that book to those respective family funds that were invariably setup.  or to some other like cause.  If she keeps one red cent from it, then I have to believe she was in it for the money only.  story made up entirely for gain.  People who HONESTLY believe something like this happened and then write about it usually aren't in it for gain.  The money would be pointless in regard to the story they are trying to put across.  make sense??

#40    Sheetz

Sheetz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 07 July 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

Buy the book...

http://www.amazon.co...41620987&sr=8-1

Its a bit pricey though (I would go for the Kindle version :tu: ).

whoaaaaaa hold the phone. she is asking 140 pounds ($218.00 US) for this 188 page paperback book??????  what the heck is it printed on, angel wings?  again, if she donates the proceeds, then she can charge whatever she wants and her story is then more believable.  sheesh, I am instantly suspect on pricing alone, that's disrespectful capitolizing on this tragedy.

Edited by Sheetz, 11 July 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#41    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostSheetz, on 11 July 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

whoaaaaaa hold the phone. she is asking 140 pounds ($218.00 US) for this 188 page paperback book??????  what the heck is it printed on, angel wings?  again, if she donates the proceeds, then she can charge whatever she wants and her story is then more believable.  sheesh, I am instantly suspect on pricing alone, that's disrespectful capitolizing on this tragedy.

Isn't human nature a wonderful thing...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#42    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

Sheetz; it's $12 American on Amazon, not that I would buy it. I might read it, if it's at the library, but even then...

#43    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 13 August 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

Sheetz; it's $12 American on Amazon, not that I would buy it. I might read it, if it's at the library, but even then...

I'd read it if it was at the library or someone lent it to me.  Or if i found it really cheap used.

#44    Sheetz

Sheetz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 13 August 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

It is now....but when I posted it wasn't. In fact I went back several times to check before I posted for the very reason I was going to get my facts checked. It was that price back then....a typo on amazon? maybe..probably...as now it clearly says what you stated. But whoa, it wasn't on my first post.  That sounds better.... ;)

#45    Mikami

Mikami

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

• DELETE, DELETE, DELETE!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

Hmmmmm I wonder how you can hijcak a plane...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users