Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 11 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 3rd edition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6153 replies to this topic

#6106    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 29 November 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

In a way I'm hoping that there is no sign of life discovered on Mars, except maybe fossilized long-since-extinct remains.  If it is completely dead it opens the possibility for colonization.  If there is life there, even microbial, colonization questions get hampered by possible morality issues.  
Even if they overcame morality issues, which I think would happen, there's the possibility of disease.  If Mar's is crawling with microbes there's no telling what might happen if they were exposed to humans.
Maybe something like this nasty thingor that horrifying thing.
There's no way of knowing what would happen so any mission would have to use extremely cautious quarantine methods which would skyrocket the cost.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#6107    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,946 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 29 November 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

Hey badeskov, good to see you posting again. :tu:

I usually try not to get too excited about scientific announcements until the 'veil is pulled back' yet I have to admit that I had my fingers crossed on this one. ^_^

That's not to downplay Curiosities exemplary efforts thus far, it is still fascinating stuff and I'm pleased as punch that we have another rover up there digging through the Martian soil. There is still time for the discovery of alien life on Mars. If there was life on Mars and there is still evidence to be found, we'll find it eventually. :tu:

Hey S2F,

Thanks! I am so swamped these days that I rarely have the time to post, but rest assured, I am certainly following what is being posted :)

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#6108    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 29 November 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

Even if they overcame morality issues, which I think would happen, there's the possibility of disease.  If Mar's is crawling with microbes there's no telling what might happen if they were exposed to humans.
Maybe something like this nasty thingor that horrifying thing.
There's no way of knowing what would happen so any mission would have to use extremely cautious quarantine methods which would skyrocket the cost.

That's another biggie with ET sightings and crashes. I have not mentioned it to you specifically before, but I have discussed it on these boards. People who feel Roswell and or Kecksburg were genuine encounters deliberately overlook quarantine. No ET claim deploys quarantine measures in recollections. Just as dangerous for the Aliens as well I would suspect.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#6109    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 28 November 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Ahem...

Sorry...

Oh no.....

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#6110    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

This has government cover-up written all over it. :angry:

I cant wait to see what someone like Richard Hoagland will make out of this "retraction",... :clap:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#6111    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,672 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

What about whats on Mercury ? Organics Water, Ice ! And A great Tan to Boot ! :tsu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#6112    PHFATY

PHFATY

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

If this were a contest, there will most likely be no winners as the evidence - both researched and unresearched - to verify its authenticity, will continue to pile up regardless of its authenticity.  Emperical data relating to the ET Visitation subcategory within the UFO community is available for analysis to anyone whose curiosities extend beyond the causal UFO believer level. If you find yourself past the casual UFO researcher curiousity level, then this is the level where you are at right now. At this level, most UFO researchers can become easily overwhelmed with the enormity of the data. Most will become confused and discouraged at this level and will usually find it convenient to retreat back into casual UFO curious researcher level.  However for those few brave ones that venture further beyond the casual curious UFO researcher level, a new dimension to your reality awaits.  A dimension so powerful that it could potentially have the power to birth a new Universe inside your imagination.  This is the world we live in today. This is what we have become. This is the being that we call modern mankind.

WHO BUILT THE ANCIENT MEGALITHIC NAN MADOL RUINS IN THE WESTERN PACIFIC?

http://pohnpeinanmadol.blogspot.com

MICRONESIA

#6113    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

View PostPHFATY, on 01 December 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

If this were a contest, there will most likely be no winners as the evidence - both researched and unresearched - to verify its authenticity, will continue to pile up regardless of its authenticity.  Emperical data relating to the ET Visitation subcategory within the UFO community is available for analysis to anyone whose curiosities extend beyond the causal UFO believer level. If you find yourself past the casual UFO researcher curiousity level, then this is the level where you are at right now. At this level, most UFO researchers can become easily overwhelmed with the enormity of the data. Most will become confused and discouraged at this level and will usually find it convenient to retreat back into casual UFO curious researcher level.  However for those few brave ones that venture further beyond the casual curious UFO researcher level, a new dimension to your reality awaits.  A dimension so powerful that it could potentially have the power to birth a new Universe inside your imagination.  This is the world we live in today. This is what we have become. This is the being that we call modern mankind.

Did you paint your face blue for that speech?

Posted Image

Cuz it didn't really work for me...

#6114    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 01 December 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

What about whats on Mercury ? Organics Water, Ice ! And A great Tan to Boot ! :tsu:

When I first heard about that I was stunned,... Ice on Mercury :w00t:  but then I remembered that the coldest place in our system is in a crater on the Moon, and it all started to make sense.

Very cool.

http://nssdc.gsfc.na...ce_mercury.html

Edited by Hazzard, 01 December 2012 - 12:02 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#6115    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,672 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Space,the Great Deep Freeze ! Its whats for Dinner ! Frozen Foods !

This is a Work in Progress!

#6116    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,689 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

WoW what a nutty thread! I can't believe no one has been mean to the OP!
*waves to the regulars*

#6117    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,943 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostPaxus, on 02 December 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

[...] I can't believe no one has been mean to the OP!
[...]
Who would want to mess with governmental agent... Thats dangerous... B)

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#6118    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostPaxus, on 02 December 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

WoW what a nutty thread! I can't believe no one has been mean to the OP!
*waves to the regulars*

Hey Pax, long time no see. :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#6119    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

View PostHazzard, on 30 November 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

This has government cover-up written all over it. :angry:

I cant wait to see what someone like Richard Hoagland will make out of this "retraction",... :clap:
On the subject of Hoagland, it appears that, once again, he presents "exhibit A".
http://www.coasttoco...terials_12-1-12

Is it more that mere coincidence that this article is timed closely to Hoaglands "discovery"? :w00t:
http://occupycorpora...al-information/

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#6120    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,464 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 02 December 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

On the subject of Hoagland, it appears that, once again, he presents "exhibit A".
http://www.coasttoco...terials_12-1-12

Is it more that mere coincidence that this article is timed closely to Hoaglands "discovery"? :w00t:
http://occupycorpora...al-information/
" the CIA provides training videos to new recruits on how to troll the internet. Once a target is locked-in, all open source information is obtained on the individual, and then any angle to discredit them in public forum is used on social media sites."
Does this training cunningly include pretending to be barely literate, and to be unfamiliar with the basic principles of punctuation, or is that just characteristic of the kind of people the CIA recruit for their spooktivities?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image