Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rifles, Shotguns, and Pistols?!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,072 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 29 January 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

No one will ever take our guns.  I'm not too worried.
Will they ever take our Due Process?   Our right to remain silent?   Our right to privacy in our persons and property without a search warrant?   The answer is they've taken all of these things in disturbing new "laws" they're trying to pedal as important for our security.    Even when we're under attack over here because of our support for oppressive regimes over there, our troops should be here defending our freedom, not jeopardizing our freedom by defending some despot's oil wells   The reason we can't defend our own borders is because we're more interested in the border between Iraq and Syria or Afghanistan and Pakistan than we are between Texas and Mexico.

With all this talk about gun violence from Washington DC, I'd like to take the floor and talk to Washington DC about bomb violence.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#62    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,282 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostYamato, on 29 January 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

I identified the purpose, the potential uses, in the OP.

Whoops.  Sorry, missed it.  Got sidetracked.  My bad.

:)

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#63    John Weiss

John Weiss

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

• I didn't believe in the afterlife, but have learned to mend my ways.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Sorry to admit this, but there ARE guns in the afterlife! Luckily, though, you can't kill a dead person. All kidding aside, the only thing that survives death is memory and the desire to experience the memories of others. If any of those memories involve firearms, they're vividly lifelike. Believe it or not, I fired a Thompson submachine gun during my afterlife experience. It was fun! But right here in reality, I am dead against gun ownership - with an accent on "dead!" If you're interested in my afterlife experiences, check out the ad for my book right here on the home page.

#64    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostJohn Weiss, on 29 January 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Sorry to admit this, but there ARE guns in the afterlife! Luckily, though, you can't kill a dead person. All kidding aside, the only thing that survives death is memory and the desire to experience the memories of others. If any of those memories involve firearms, they're vividly lifelike. Believe it or not, I fired a Thompson submachine gun during my afterlife experience. It was fun! But right here in reality, I am dead against gun ownership - with an accent on "dead!" If you're interested in my afterlife experiences, check out the ad for my book right here on the home page.

In best eric cartman voice "thanks for the laughs fella" i will continue to live here in reality till my time expires,when that day comes i will experience my own dont need a book.Thanks for the offer though

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users