Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The 3 Great Forces (Power, Wisdom, Courage)

trinity hinduism christianity christ vishnu

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    Arpee

Arpee

.::The Spirit Gives Life::.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

The number 3 seems to be an important number that is associated with "creation" and "divinity". Another number associated with divinity/heaven is the number 7. For some reason these two numbers are - in ALMOST all cultures ancient and present - seen as GOOD numbers. According to the bible 3 is the number of creation, when something is said 3 times, it happens or confirmed. In Ancient Egyptian/Greek Hermeticism "Hermes Trismegistus" is called "thrice (3 times) great".

The Three Forces of Creation seem to be "Wisdom" , "Power", and "Courage". When you think about it, it makes sense.

Power would be Life/Spirit/Force/Essence.

Wisdom would be Balance/Love.

Courage would be Action/Movement.

In Christianity,  There is God which is the creator or life essence, The Holy Spirit which is the Love/Balance or Giver of Wisdom, and The Son which had the courage to stay connected to Power (God/Creator) and Wisdom (Holy Spirit).

In Hinduism, There is Brahma, Shiva, and Vishnu.

Brahma is the Creator, the Life-Giver (Power - Life/Creation).
Vishnu is the Maintainer (Wisdom - Balance/Love)
Shiva is The Transformer (Courage - Action)

Father (Power)
Son (Courage)
Spirit (Wisdom)

God (Power - Life)
Man - (Courage - Action)
Soul - (Wisdom - Love/Balance)

Body (Courage - Action/Movement)
Spirit (Power - Life force, essence)
Mind (Wisdom - Peace/Love/Balance)

Red (Power), Blue (Wisdom), Yellow/Green (Courage) - The three primary colors.

To me, it seems that COURAGE is the most important because without COURAGE you will not use the power nor would you apply the wisdom. It takes courage to know when to apply and actually use the power.

Yes, wisdom/Peace/Balance (Mind) and Power/Life (Spirit) is also important, but without Courage there is no engine to keep the entire thing MOVING.

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:7-8

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,307 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

There's a four great power.
Human Stupidity. I think it was Einstein who put it best - "there are two things that are infinite, the university and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe".

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Arpee

Arpee

• 1,379 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 23 February 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

There's a four great power.
Human Stupidity. I think it was Einstein who put it best - "there are two things that are infinite, the university and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe".

Human stupidity is not a power - it is a lack of the power of courage.

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:7-8

#4    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,448 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

Yes, I think courage is the main one too. Not that it is bigger or better than the other powers, but because it is central and linked to the other two on either side.. It is the essense that draws the others in.. I saw once in a vision three pyramids, the middle inflating while the outer two deflated.. Took me ages to work out that what I might have been seeing at a different layer was a merging of the three natures..

Edited by Professor T, 23 February 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#5    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

Belief in something that others tell them to believe in is stupid

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#6    Arpee

Arpee

• 1,379 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 23 February 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

Belief in something that others tell them to believe in is stupid

What does this have to do with Power, Wisdom, and Courage - and Courage being the most important as it gives the ability to USE Wisdom and Power?

#7    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 3,933 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

I think Wisdom is the most important of the three. Without wisdom, power and courage can go astray. Wisdom keeps power and courage in balance.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#8    Arpee

Arpee

• 1,379 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 23 February 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

I think Wisdom is the most important of the three. Without wisdom, power and courage can go astray. Wisdom keeps power and courage in balance.

Yes without Wisdom - Power and Courage can go astray, but without Courage Power can't even be used, and Wisdom can't even be applied.

#9    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostArpee, on 23 February 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

What does this have to do with Power, Wisdom, and Courage - and Courage being the most important as it gives the ability to USE Wisdom and Power?

Oh maybe because you used a devine entity in your op   I ask you if there is no devine entity that requires evil ask away.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#10    Arpee

Arpee

• 1,379 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 23 February 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Oh maybe because you used a devine entity in your op   I ask you if there is no devine entity that requires evil ask away.

Ok, so I mentioned divine entities in order to provide a interpretation for the 3 things I am talking about (Power, Wisdom, Courage). What does this have to do with whether or not divine entities are evil or whether or not they should believe in such?

#11    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 3,933 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

Arpee said:

Yes without Wisdom - Power and Courage can go astray, but without Courage Power can't even be used, and Wisdom can't even be applied

True.

Power, I think, can be misinterpreted. There's a Zen story of a monk and his disciple watching a crowd of people in a marketplace. A big, burly man wants to cross through the crowd, so he pushes his way through, knocking people out of his way, making a big commotion..He finally gets to the other side.

The monk turns to his disciple and says, "That man has strength, but no power."

Then a frail old man wants to cross through the crowd. He sidles this way and that, passing easily between people in such a way that no one even notices he has passed. He gets to the other side, too.

The monk turns to his disciple again and says, "That man has no strength, but great power."

#12    Arpee

Arpee

• 1,379 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

StarMountainKid,

Wow, that is the first time I heard that story. Yea, people seem to confuse "force (strength)" with "power".  Controlling people or harming people for your own means is just force not true power. With true power you do not need to depend/control others to get what you want.

#13    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,352 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostArpee, on 23 February 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

Yes without Wisdom - Power and Courage can go astray, but without Courage Power can't even be used, and Wisdom can't even be applied.

This is a paradox.The powerful can overcome the courageous,the wise can out wit the powerful to exhaustion,and the courageous can push the wise to their limits.A equal balance of all 3 is needed.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#14    Arpee

Arpee

• 1,379 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 23 February 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

This is a paradox.The powerful can overcome the courageous,the wise can out wit the powerful to exhaustion,and the courageous can push the wise to their limits.A equal balance of all 3 is needed.

Focusing on self, inner peace, can be easily attained with courage. Not having wisdom, and not being fearful so not caring of questions but still having a curiosity and adventure of life. Not having power, but not caring as nothing can threaten you into fear.

#15    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 3,933 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

CrimsonKing said:

This is a paradox.The powerful can overcome the courageous,the wise can out wit the powerful to exhaustion,and the courageous can push the wise to their limits.A equal balance of all 3 is needed

Yes, but the wise can stand aside and watch the powerful and the courageous consume each other.

Edited by StarMountainKid, 23 February 2013 - 07:31 AM.

Also tagged with trinity, hinduism, christianity, christ, vishnu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users