Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The MOON

I'm sure this question has been asked about a million times, but; why is it that we haven't gone back to the moon since Apollo 17? Since 1972, not one trip has been made in pursuit of settling it. People have claimed that "aliens" warned the astronauts not to come back. A mining operation is taking place on the other side of the moon, the part we can't see. It serves as a docking station for "motherships" or ufo's etc....I'd like to get down and dirty about this topic. I've been looking into it for quite awhile, and I've only seen one UFO in my life. Around 5:00 a.m. in the morning, I just got back from running, I decided to sit in my patio, by the way, I live in Houston, "Space City". I was trying to catch my breath, since the humidity in Houston is Hell, it was still dark, and I looked up at the stars, and I saw a proceeding light, thinking it was a commercial jet airliner, and I kept looking at it, but I didn't hear that rough turbine engine noise they usually make, and thinking about the nocturnal flight projections it seemed odd and misplaced. The light silently proceeded south, towards the Gulf Coast. I noticed it got dim, dimmer, and vanished....in a matter of 3 seconds of noticing it. I was like, wait a minute. I felt as if it knew I looking at it. I'm still very skeptical about it. Express your thoughts and opinions about the Moon, astronauts, and UFO's. disgust.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zooropa

• Falco Rex

• The Caspian Hare

• Mr Ed

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that the number one reason as to why we haven't been back to the moon is because of the cost.

Exactly. Too expensive. Besides, we have been back to the Moon - but only with cheaper unmanned probes. There simply hasn't been a need to send another manned mission.

Bearing in mind too that one of the main reasons for the initial missions was to ge there before the Russkies....... Once you've won a race, why carry on running?

I would say that the number one reason as to why we haven't been back to the moon is because of the cost.

723387[/snapback]

The cost? My ass! We can spend billions on war in just seconds. Don't talk to me about costs, it was never a problem for taxpayers....especially here in U.S.

Zooropa, if you arent interested in having a discussion, why did you start this thread in the first place?

I agree with the earlier posters, cost is the main reason, why spend huge sums of money sending people there when sending unmanned probes is cheaper and in most cases just as if not more efficient.

There is no real reason to go back to the moon at the moment...

Maybe if we settle there, but won't be for decades.

I think if you know anything about people in general you'll have to agree that being warned not to return would only increase the likelihood that we would return; this time with weaponry blazing..

I'd agree with a return to the Moon being cost prohibitive..While the Government may spend enormous amounts of money they do it for causes they deem necessary for it's expense. Space exploration is; and probably always will be; pretty much considered a hobby by today's powers that be..

NASA is actually lucky to recieve any funding at all in light of how easily thier projects have been botched up lately..

723387[/snapback]

The cost? My ass! We can spend billions on war in just seconds. Don't talk to me about costs, it was never a problem for taxpayers....especially here in U.S.

723396[/snapback]

It is cost prohibitive, so get over it. And your ass has nothing to do with it. tongue.gif Right now there are more pressing concerns than going to the moon.

723387[/snapback]

723396[/snapback]

It is cost prohibitive, so get over it. And your ass has nothing to do with it. tongue.gif Right now there are more pressing concerns than going to the moon.

724097[/snapback]

Agreed.

Costs and they are probably afraid to send another shuttle into space. Remember the shuttle that blew up recently?

NASA is actually lucky to recieve any funding at all in light of how easily thier projects have been botched up lately..

723414[/snapback]

OH SNAP!! w00t.gif

Too right!

I'm sure this question has been asked about a million times, but; why is it that we haven't gone back to the moon since Apollo 17?

The simple answer is: because we wimped out. The cost is an insignificant part of the budget. NASA has a lot more than other government programs with a lot less money.

We could have been to Mars by now if we wanted to.

And besides, what if the moon was hoaxed? Eh? You're right, maybe it was too expensive to go there in there in the first place, too risky, and thus we faked it all! I have greater respect for the Russians for attempting, than to be lied by my own country. So I rest my case.... I can't believe you people, I feel like im talking to government officials....money was never an issue. Only support. I'm not sure if you people have read, but yes, I'm afraid to say, but Columbia was another cover-up....I know, very disappointing, especially from the US government, it hurts to say. Bwahahahahah! Where do you people get your statistics, and facts, a cereal box? So tell me now, just how much do you trust this government? HOW MUCH DO YOU TRUST THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION IN WHAT THEY SAY? WHAT ABOUT THE PENTAGON STRIKE? WHERE's THE WRECKAGE of what was said to be a boeing? I don't understand how stuff like this can get away especially from the hands of the American peoples. citizens, public. Let's keep this a discussion. ::smirks:: unsure.gif

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it" - Adolf Hitler

I would have to agree the coast out ways the need, we have already been there and really do not need to go back,their is to much other things we need to spend the space budget on.

So you're willing to swallow that the moon landing was hoaxed and yet you believe the Russian space program actually tried? Why not follow your theory to it's logical conclusion and just say every countries' space program was a made-up thing?

Honestly just because the government has a penchant for covering up unpleasantness and classified material at times does not make them a homicidal entity intent on the destruction or misdirection of every one of it's citizens..

Whatever group is in power does the best they can for themselves and the general public; and sadly; they sometimes fail..

That's just human..

Regardless of that I find your comments on the Columbia disaster extremely disturbing and insensitive; and apparently lacking any evidence whatsoever, except your one sentence assurance that it was a hoax..

And here's a clue for you..You won't be seeing ANY wreckage they pulled from the Pentagon as it's a military building with Top Secret status. Therefore any investigation into what happened there is therefore classified except in regards to what they choose to let the media know..

Naturally with the lack of disclosure all sorts of lunatics worm thier way into the press espousing the latest crackpot theory, but that doesn't make them all that valid just because they happen to exist..

If I wanted to I could no doubt paint a halfway convincing picture that the Chinese were responsible, or the Reptile men of Antares..

It's like playing the "5 degrees from" game..You can connect anything to anything if you're willing to try hard enough. But that doesn't make it fact in reality..

In th future I'd urge you to keep your diatribes to a minimum unless you have some incontrovertible evidence to back you up on it..

With so much terrorist activity lately, and so many here being personally affected by it, few people want to listen to the latest conspiracy rambling du jour..

Edited by Falco Rex

And besides, what if the moon was hoaxed? Eh? You're right, maybe it was too expensive to go there in there in the first place, too risky, and thus we faked it all! I have greater respect for the Russians for attempting, than to be lied by my own country. So I rest my case.... I can't believe you people, I feel like im talking to government officials....money was never an issue. Only support. I'm not sure if you people have read, but yes, I'm afraid to say, but Columbia was another cover-up....I know, very disappointing, especially from the US government, it hurts to say. Bwahahahahah! Where do you people get your statistics, and facts, a cereal box? So tell me now, just how much do you trust this government? HOW MUCH DO YOU TRUST THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION IN WHAT THEY SAY? WHAT ABOUT THE PENTAGON STRIKE? WHERE's THE WRECKAGE of what was said to be a boeing? I don't understand how stuff like this can get away especially from the hands of the American peoples. citizens, public. Let's keep this a discussion. ::smirks::  unsure.gif

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it" - Adolf Hitler

724691[/snapback]

Oh Lordy.

Yes, good....good, but you didn't answer the question about the Pentagon Strike. You simply brushed it aside, merely attentive to it. Why are we being lied to? If the government isn't doing it, then why are they letting the media do it? I suppose you people would rather let it just settle into history, than to prove it to be true? To teach your sons and daughters false presumptions about what really did happen? Maybe the truth does hurt, that's why you protect it soo well and deny it's existence. Let me get this clear, I'm talking about possible theories, not pure ludicrous, I've done my research, and I have nothing to prove to you people, but to discuss these theories in a civilized way. I get aggravated by the fact you people sit around and accept. Accept what is fed to you by this goverment. I want credible responses, not smartass remarks. Where are all the patriots? grin2.gif

And here's a clue for you..You won't be seeing ANY wreckage they pulled from the Pentagon as it's a military building with Top Secret status. Therefore any investigation into what happened there is therefore classified except in regards to what they choose to let the media know..

724778[/snapback]

THERE WAS NO WRECKAGE PULLED OUT, NOR WAS THERE ANY DEBRIS LYING ABOUT! AKNOWLEDGING THE FACT THAT IT WAS AN AIRPLANE! Those were reinforced walls for crying out loud! What could be more evident dude? disgust.gif

PENTAGON STRIKE

FOR THE WORLD TO SEE

With so much terrorist activity lately, and so many here being personally affected by it, few people want to listen to the latest conspiracy rambling du jour..

I second that.

Edited by 747400

What does that have to do with the moon?

725005[/snapback]

These conspiracy nuts are so wacked out they might as well be from the moon.