Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obamacare average $20K per family!

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#166    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,551 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 19 February 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

You will still be that 1 nasty accident away from bankruptcy under Obamacare unless you can afford 15% of that major accident bill. Ill let you do the math for the larger events. Obamacare will not reduce the 15% you owe.

http://www.facethefa...uble-in-decade/
So even with insurance a million dollar freak hospital visit is gonna cost $150,000 out of pocket? Not that the other $850k taken care of isn't nice but still sounds like the title of the affordable in the Affordable Care Act is just what it says it is. An act. From that perspective I guess they aren't lying. Don't they call that in politics 'plausible deniability'. Orchestrated confusion making liability hard to prove.

Posted Image

#167    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

mr fess, our healthcare system isn't solely funded by public money. the government is obliged to devote a proportion of our taxes to healthcare, which numbers in the billions of ŁUK, but with the recent recession, the NHS is one part of our society that's suffering from cutbacks, hence michelle's post about reports that the NHS is nearly bankrupt.
the situation isn't all that bleak however. if I suffered from a major accident at work, which, with the nature of my job, combined with my inherent gormlessness, is more a case 'when' than 'if', I know that there'll be a team of experts who'll put me back together now matter how deeply government funding bites.
what concerns me more is the amount of libraries,leisure facilities, and extra-curriculum teaching facilities that are closing, as the young people in our country tend to riot when they're bored, and as fond as I am of baseball-batting teenagers*, it's not exactly an ideal solution.....
(*humour!!)
:-)

Edited by shrooma, 20 February 2013 - 12:07 AM.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#168    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

Your buying an insurance policy. That copay you pay when you go see the DR. It is part of Obamacare already. It is not going away. Im looking for the hospital stay numbers but Ive found Out of Pocket numbers max at around $8800 for a family per year. But I dont know if thats all health care or only Dr visits/Care. So if you use the insurance your paying for your gonna be responsible up to 8800$ for your family. I cant tell if thats in the form of deductibles or a percentage of services received.

But where are we today ? The PCIP (early enrollees for pre existing conditions exchange) stopped taking new patients a year early because it forecasted it could not afford to take care of the people already under the program. So anyone with a new preexeisting condition (sounds like a double negative I know) will be uninsurable for a year.

The searches are full womens free contraception reports that is making it very difficult to pull any numbers out. Was that an intentional thing ?

Edited by AsteroidX, 20 February 2013 - 12:12 AM.

#169    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,551 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

View Postshrooma, on 20 February 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

mr fess, our healthcare system isn't solely funded by public money. the government is obliged to devote a proportion of our taxes to healthcare, which numbers in the billions of £UK, but with the recent recession, the NHS is one part of our society that's suffering from cutbacks, hence michelle's post about reports that the NHS is nearly bankrupt.
the situation isn't all that bleak however. if I suffered from a major accident at work, which, with the nature of my job, combined with my inherent gormlessness, is more a case 'when' than 'if', I know that there'll be a team of experts who'll put me back together now matter how deeply government funding bites.
what concerns me more is the amount of libraries,leisure facilities, and extra-curriculum teaching facilities that are closing, as the young people in our country tend to riot when they're bored, and as fond as I am of baseball-batting teenagers*, it's not exactly an ideal solution.....
(*humour!!)
Aright I hear ya. Nice to be civil with someone out of the states for once. Couple things though... Just call me fess. Explain gormless. Hit a home run.

Posted Image

#170    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Sorry, This is where I pulled my info from. And it is the numbers from the Silver Package which is more expensive then the penny pincher package.

That’s why, beginning in 2014, the Affordable Care Act will require individual and small group plans to cap yearly total out-of-pocket costs, including deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurance, at the levels applying to Health Savings Account plans, currently at $5,950 for a single-person and $11,900 for a family.  
More importantly, these out-of-pocket caps will be even lower for individuals earning less than about $43,000 per year (or less than about $88,000 for a family of four) who purchase silver level coverage through an exchange.  So we can expect out-of-pocket costs to shrink for those who can least afford them.

#171    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

y'know, I didn't really have the whole picture when it came to understanding how you guys' economy worked, but reading your posts is a bit of an eye-opener!
no wonder you're dissatisfied, when everyone, left right & centre, is doing everything they can to take your hard-earned cash!
if it was me, i'd be ****ing furious!!
if you all pitched in and rebelled, there wouldn't be a force on earth that could stop you, you know....

if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#172    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,551 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

View Postshrooma, on 20 February 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

y'know, I didn't really have the whole picture when it came to understanding how you guys' economy worked, but reading your posts is a bit of an eye-opener!
no wonder you're dissatisfied, when everyone, left right & centre, is doing everything they can to take your hard-earned cash!
if it was me, i'd be ****ing furious!!
Man if you gathered all that in just a few posts you're in for a ride if you stick around here. That said I'd bet that it's happening to you too. There are governments and scammers everywhere in the world and they're all out for the same things. Money, power and things all on your behalf.

View Postshrooma, on 20 February 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

if you all pitched in and rebelled, there wouldn't be a force on earth that could stop you, you know....
Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully we won't find out but the talk is everywhere. That's another topic that'll take you for a ride. I see you're new here. These debates are happening daily.

Posted Image

#173    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Do you notice the backloaded cost on Obamacare here....Just think Path to Citizenship.

Will all non-US citizens, illegal or not, be provided with free health care services? No. Undocumented immigrants will not be eligible for the premium subsidies that will help millions of Americans purchase insurance at affordable rates.  Here is the exact bill language: “No Federal Payments for Individuals Not Lawfully Present.—Nothing in this subtitle or the amendments made by this subtitle allows Federal payments, credits, or cost-sharing reductions for individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.”

#174    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 20 February 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

Aright I hear ya. Nice to be civil with someone out of the states for once. Couple things though... Just call me fess. Explain gormless. Hit a home run.
_
not all of judge people by stereotypes y'know fess.
the world has the opinion that all americans are 'stoopid', but nearly 25% of you hold a degree, and that's pretty impressive, and the world seems to think that us brits are all effeminate tea-drinkers, when in reality, we're all a bunch of drunken, hooligan thugs!
but i've never believed anything I read in newspapers anyway.....
gormless..., it's a yorkshire word that can only be best described as really really naturally clumsy.
imagine two retards with a tube of superglue, or an epileptic on crystal meth with a machete?
not a good thing.....

#175    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

epileptic on crystal meth with a machete

We actually have those running around my county

Edited by AsteroidX, 20 February 2013 - 12:37 AM.

#176    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,551 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 20 February 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

Do you notice the backloaded cost on Obamacare here....Just think Path to Citizenship.
Whats that mean? Illegal immigrants will now be denied care? I'm not buying that legalese though. They won't be turned away and we will still foot the bill.
For the record, contrary to what my detractors would believe, I never really wanted that mainly when it comes to life threatening situations. We are Americans. Civil and humanitarian. I always figured that those costs and compassions were just part of being a civilized wealthy country. I don't like it but I'm a good person and don't want people to die. However, illegals should get quick and basic outpatient treatment. If it is known they are illegal and confined in a hospital already they should be picked up by ICE and deported to their own hospitals for further care.

Posted Image

#177    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

Yes they will have to pay cash for services, But not denied services.....But they are only going to be illegals for how many more years ?

Once there citizens and set up on the welfare system (some not all) then we will add to the burden of that "middle class" payer.

I will bet that is first big hike we see in premium rates about the same time.

Edited by AsteroidX, 20 February 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#178    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

A bit concerning:

How does a health plan maintain “grandfathered” status?
In general, the ability for existing coverage to maintain grandfathered plan status depends on the actions of the insurer and/or the policy holder (e.g., individual purchaser).
For example, existing health plans are limited in the changes they can make and still retain grandfathered status. According to interim regulations, if any of the following six types of changes are made to an existing benefits package, the plan will lose grandfather status. In brief, these changes are:
  • Elimination of all or substantially all benefits to diagnose or treat a particular condition.
  • Increase in a percentage cost-sharing requirement (e.g., raising an individual’s co-insurance requirement from 20% to 25%).
  • Increase in a deductible or out-of-pocket maximum by an amount that exceeds medical inflation plus 15 percentage points.
  • Increase in a co-payment by an amount that exceeds medical inflation plus 15 percentage points (or, if greater, $5 plus medical inflation).
  • Decrease in an employer’s contribution rate towards the cost of coverage by more than 5 percentage points.
  • Imposition of annual limits on the dollar value of all benefits below specified amounts.
Additionally, to be considered a grandfathered plan, a health plan must comply with certain record-keeping and notification requirements.

#179    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,551 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

View Postshrooma, on 20 February 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

_
not all of judge people by stereotypes y'know fess.
the world has the opinion that all americans are 'stoopid', but nearly 25% of you hold a degree, and that's pretty impressive, and the world seems to think that us brits are all effeminate tea-drinkers, when in reality, we're all a bunch of drunken, hooligan thugs!
but i've never believed anything I read in newspapers anyway.....
gormless..., it's a yorkshire word that can only be best described as really really naturally clumsy.
imagine two retards with a tube of superglue, or an epileptic on crystal meth with a machete?
not a good thing.....
So far, I'll consider you an honorary American. I like your words. Thanks for the definition. Very funny.

Posted Image

#180    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,551 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 20 February 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

Yes they will have to pay cash for services, But not denied services.....But they are only going to be illegals for how many more years ?

Once there citizens and set up on the welfare system (some not all) then we will add to the burden of that "middle class" payer.

I will bet that is first big hike we see in premium rates about the same time.
But what if they don't have cash? If they're illegal they're likely not making a lot of money unless they're into something else illegal besides citizen status.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users