Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ed Dames and Remote Viewing

NocturnalWatcher

So I don't know if you guys have heard of Ed Dames before, but he is a remote viewer apparently worked for the CIA and US Army in remote viewing programs for many years. He has made a series of predictions about major disasters in the near future. Normally I would write someone like this off as a nut bag instantly but considering he has already made some correct predictions I'm wondering what others think about it.

He successfully predicted the largest solar flare ever witnessed in 2003, 2 weeks before it happened, as well as a crop fungus coming out of africa and destroying crops all over the world, which also came true. Finally his best prediction as far as I am concerned is his prediction that there would be a nuclear disaster in Japan.

This isn't a man who makes vague predictions that can be interpreted 10000 different ways, he literally states what is going to happen.

His next predictions are as followed.

North Korea Nukes South Korea, the thing is he predicted this back in 2006 when North Korean did not even have nuclear weapons. He said that it would be from anger and in retaliation of something the international community does.

After that he claims once the larger comet coming in winter of 2013 arrives things will start to get really bad and the "kill shot" event will happen wiping out huge portions of the worlds population.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2A3Asi0RHQ

so is it time to get scared?

• Like 2

I've been scared since my ex wife bought a .44 magnum. :w00t:

• Like 1

guys im not looking for useless replies please stick to topic

Never heard of him, but love an "accurate" predictictionist. Going to look him up, I also like predictions that fail too.

I think that you should get this thread moved to the proper forum. It'll probably get more traffic.

Yes. I have heard of him , even spoke with him a little bit on his forum.He's a funny guy. I could tell you something but , I don't want to repeat it.

You do realize that the military shut down the remote viewing programs because they were utter failures and wastes of money, right?

As far as his predictions go, he's been talking about the infamous "kill shot" for more than a decade now. When's it going to happen Ed? So now he's pinning it all to a comet that's going to pass by in winter 2013 - folks do know that comets "pass by" fairly regularly and while we're at it, define "pass by".

• Like 1

as well as a crop fungus coming out of africa and destroying crops all over the world, which also came true.

When did this happen? crop failures in Africa is no surprise! but when did I miss that the bit about the whole worlds crops being destroyed?

Do some research on him. See how many misses he has. Count the times that he predicted kill shots that failed to come to fruition. Also, check out Russell Targ, who has a better record and reputation as a remote viewer.

I like Russel. What about Ingo Swann? Russel was very interesting to listen to and watch , I felt him as someone more sincere than a few others.

I like Russel. What about Ingo Swann? Russel was very interesting to listen to and watch , I felt him as someone more sincere than a few others.

His name came to mind. Charles Tart is a great source for parapsychology, by the way.

• Like 1

Thank you Detective Mystery . I haven't heard of him . I looked him up just then and listened to him on a video for a few minutes. I see he mentions that he was a part of a study at one time that included him being the subject which he was given psychedelic drugs. I think that some of the remote viewers have utilized psychedleic drugs at times from what I read in a book/biography.

How do you feel about studies that manipulate the chemistry of the brain to alter consciousness and perception?

• Like 1

How do you feel about studies that manipulate the chemistry of the brain to alter consciousness and perception?

I have mixed feelings. Some of them demonstrate how individuals interpret and organize environmental stimuli, the cognitive processes that we use to determine what is or is not real. On the other hand, such studies may construct a false concept of reality in which claimed insight, into the nature of it, is nothing more than altered states that misinterpret reality. Say that the subject takes a certain mind-altering substance or that they engage in some practice that deprives them of their ordinary senses. Do their delusions and hallucinations enlighten them, enabling them to gain supercharged perception, or do they just serve as mirages convincing the perceivers that their chemical fantasies are objective laws of creation? I tend to take the latter view. I think that we gain the most worthwhile information when we are as aware as we can be, when our minds aren't clouded in some artificial fog of any conceivable kind. In most cases, the agents hurt more than help.

• Like 1

I have mixed feelings. Some of them demonstrate how individuals interpret and organize environmental stimuli, the cognitive processes that we use to determine what is or is not real. On the other hand, such studies may construct a false concept of reality in which claimed insight, into the nature of it, is nothing more than altered states that misinterpret reality. Say that the subject takes a certain mind-altering substance or that they engage in some practice that deprives them of their ordinary senses. Do their delusions and hallucinations enlighten them, enabling them to gain supercharged perception, or do they just serve as mirages convincing the perceivers that their chemical fantasies are objective laws of creation? I tend to take the latter view. I think that we gain the most worthwhile information when we are as aware as we can be, when our minds aren't clouded in some artificial fog of any conceivable kind. In most cases, the agents hurt more than help.

I feel the same about that. I don't think that altering the mind with drugs is really a good thing .Though maybe a well trained person such as Dame or someone may be able to reach even higher states with some sort of assistance . It would have to be utilized in a controlled environment, and not to just experiemnt how the mind reacts under the drug.But maybe by means of those experiemnts , they are able to advance the effects of remot vewers that were used by the military.. I don't think the military really cares spiritualy about the path of discovering self anfd the power of the mind in the way most of us do, i think they would manipulate it to get what they are trying to get by any means possible.

Do some actual research into the man. He has come up with nothing but utter nonsense for years on end.

• Like 1

I feel the same about that. I don't think that altering the mind with drugs is really a good thing .Though maybe a well trained person such as Dame or someone may be able to reach even higher states with some sort of assistance . It would have to be utilized in a controlled environment, and not to just experiemnt how the mind reacts under the drug.But maybe by means of those experiemnts , they are able to advance the effects of remot vewers that were used by the military.. I don't think the military really cares spiritualy about the path of discovering self anfd the power of the mind in the way most of us do, i think they would manipulate it to get what they are trying to get by any means possible.

Dames sounds like he's on drugs. I don't put much stock in him or his predictions. He's just a few steps from becoming Sylvia Brown. I'm not disparaging parapsychology or remote viewing, but the cons and cranks ruin it for the earnest people. Check out Targ and Tart when you get a chance. They're honest, sincere people with open minds. They're respectable scholars with no discernible axes to grind. They may be good sources for further exploration of all kinds of psychic phenomena, and you don't hear a carny barker when you read their material.

• Like 1

Dames sounds like he's on drugs. I don't put much stock in him or his predictions. He's just a few steps from becoming Sylvia Brown. I'm not disparaging parapsychology or remote viewing, but the cons and cranks ruin it for the earnest people. Check out Targ and Tart when you get a chance. They're honest, sincere people with open minds. They're respectable scholars with no discernible axes to grind. They may be good sources for further exploration of all kinds of psychic phenomena, and you don't hear a carny barker when you read their material.

I know that they all had some falling out in project stargate , I think it was called stargate. I read a book written by one of them , not dames, in the book he mentioned that there were some who were utilizing drugs .He also said some other things in the book that he claims happened which was not all good, pretty dark things.

I never felt that Sylvia Brown was honest , she's a total fraud, a bad person for being so. I don't know if i can say the same for Dames, I may not agree with him on everything , but, I don't compare him exactly to her , I think he's much more gifted than she is. She just dishonest in general and fake .

I haven't ever even looked into the kill shot . I heard a few people talk about it, saying they didn't aggre with him , that he was wrong . I will do that , I'll look them up Targ and Tart. Always good to know of honest people that are legit. Thanks for sharing .

• Like 1

guys im not looking for useless replies please stick to topic

ceT2x.gif

• Like 1

makes countless predictions that never come true. Camped in New Mexico desert awaiting ETs to land, landing never happened and Dames was left with no excuses. Claimed Hale-Bopp UFO would bring fungus spores that would destroy planet in 1998 - Ed, we're STILL waiting. Claims to have been enlisted by police to remote view missing Coquille, Oregon teen, said victim was murdered (Gee, nice guess Ed, considering she was missing for two weeks and the police found her shoes along a roadside - anyone can make logical assumptions). Coquille Police Chief says Dames was never enlisted by his department. Anyone willing to exploit a murdered teenage girl to promote themselves is just sick. Dames can remote view Satan but can't give any specific details on a murder suspect? Dames is now promoting that he remote viewed the killer on Jon Benet Ramsey and that he has found countless missing children. One thing is missing: Proof. Is now selling remote viewing kits - the so-called experts had to train in intense sessions, but Ed says you can do it in just 3 minutes for a mere $79.95. Ed, the difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has a limit...you prove that time and time again. Sean David Morton is selling Dames' remote viewing kits - that says it all right there.

LINK

the%2520men%2520who%2520stare%2520at%2520goats%2520backin.jpg

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

I know that they all had some falling out in project stargate , I think it was called stargate. I read a book written by one of them , not dames, in the book he mentioned that there were some who were utilizing drugs .He also said some other things in the book that he claims happened which was not all good, pretty dark things.

I never felt that Sylvia Brown was honest , she's a total fraud, a bad person for being so. I don't know if i can say the same for Dames, I may not agree with him on everything , but, I don't compare him exactly to her , I think he's much more gifted than she is. She just dishonest in general and fake .

I haven't ever even looked into the kill shot . I heard a few people talk about it, saying they didn't aggre with him , that he was wrong . I will do that , I'll look them up Targ and Tart. Always good to know of honest people that are legit. Thanks for sharing .

You're welcome. I don't think that Dames and Brown are in the exact same category, but I do think that they're close. Do a thorough study on Dames. Look at claims made by his supporters. Look at claims made by his detractors. Compare and contrast. Personally, I think that he's a crank, if not a con. Your mileage may vary after you read more about him.

• Like 1

Why is this thread in the Conspiracies forum and not the Prophecy forum?

Edit: ...after all, it's all about Ed Dame's prophecies, no?

P.S.: My research says that Ed is full of crap.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

^

How long ago did he say that?

If you are referring to my post, I am not entirely sure, but I think 2009.

LINK- IS ED DAMES EXPLOITING MISSING AND MURDERED CHILDREN FOR SELF PROMOTION?

Joe McMoneagle, a former military remote viewer involved in the program, offered something different regarding Dames and his involvement in the group. In a press release, McMonegle stated, "There were seven commanders of the unit from 1977 to 1995, none of them were named Ed Dames...Dames was a 'monitor/interviewer' of remote viewers, not a remote viewer....Dames was not the 'operations and training officer' for the unit in 1983, as he wasn't then a member of the unit...Dames left the unit with a normal rotation to a new assignment in 1987, and had no further contact."

Dames stated about McMoneagle, "...I think his name was Joe McMoneagle, he was a warrant officer assigned to our early team...he was employed by me against a number of intelligence operations." McMoneagle, however, states that he was one of the original members in the program when it started and that Dames wasn't assigned to the unit until 1985.

In an interview on Coast To Coast AM with Art Bell, McMoneagle was asked about Ed Dames, to which he stated, " The claim was made that, by Ed Dames, that he was the only person who was qualified to train or teach other people to remote view, and that he was the most accurate remote viewer in the project, and the only one who was a responsible viewer. And my comment was that his primary job while he was with the unit was to act as a monitor and interface with the viewer in terms of handling or setting up remote viewings, and that he was not a primary trainer. He may have trained in the sense that he ran practice sessions and that sort of thing...Where I have a problem is where he makes claims then attributes them to himself when they in fact don't have anything to do with him..."

During the Coast To Coast show, Bell asked McMoneagle the following: "In private moments, you gentlemen have, have you not, referred to Ed Dames as "Dr.Doom?" To which McMoneagle answered, "This was a nickname that was given to him in the unit before he came to us. He was called Dr.Doom over there. He's been predicting doom, death and destruction for years and years and years now."

Fair go, we are talking remote viewing, I think that alone is enough to call the men in white coats. That the CIA actually spent taxpayer money on tis saddens and bewilders me.

Why is this thread in the Conspiracies forum and not the Prophecy forum?

I would guess probably because these are the men who stare at Goats?

Can it get any sillier?

• Like 1

Auh ! THe Answer all in a neat little pile of _ _ _ _. Good one psyche101! :tu: justDONTEATUS

• Like 1