Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Could someone explain something to me?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

So, I keep seeing minecraft creep onto more and more platforms. And everyone keeps telling me how great it is... so I downloaded the demo for the XBox because it was free.

I just don't get it... I walk around, move some blocks around and.... well... that seems to be it. I assume that I am missing something really important here - because otherwise it's just "Second life" with worse graphics.

Could someone explain to me what I am missing here? I am asking honestly - so many people are obsessed with it that I assume that the problem must be me...

#2    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

your not missing anything its a stupid stupid game.........but i still play it for some odd reason >.>

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#3    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 14 September 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

your not missing anything its a stupid stupid game.........but i still play it for some odd reason >.>

So, basically it is just walking around and moving blocks into place? Am I missing a storyline that should be obvious to me or something like that?

I mean... I know lots of people whose opinions I think are usually right who say it is an addictive game. And there is some cuteness to it to be sure... but I just didn't get what I was supposed to do in it.

#4    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,810 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

My stepsons are obsessed with the game, and I don't get it either. Why play virtual legos when they have a huge tub of the real thing available? I don't know. They also insist that it is not a video game.

#5    karmakazi

karmakazi

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

• Oh I am a giddy goat!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

I don't get it and I don't play it... I guess I prefer my virtual time to include swords or guns.

Halo all the way baby.

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Unknown

#6    Kaikou

Kaikou

The Akuma Plant

• 1,723 posts

• What If you could look right through the cracks....

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Not really sure, I don't really see what makes it so popular.

#7    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostDark entity, on 14 September 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

Not really sure, I don't really see what makes it so popular.

Well, at least I am not alone. I thought maybe I was just kinda stupid for not getting what was so great about it...

#8    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Hermit

• 1,604 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

nothing much to it as far as i know just that you can create pretty much anything... like this

lots of entertainment to be had with the game provided you have the insane amout of time neccesary to do some of these things

#9    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,108 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

There are times I feel like a Neanderthal, lol.

When I hear people talking about all these games, I often have no idea what in hell they are talking about.

The only online game I sometimes play, when bored, is this one:

http://4funnygames.c...Scarecrows.html

And then we have chess.

Sorry.

Edited by Abramelin, 14 September 2012 - 07:48 PM.

#10    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

It's a Survival game. You can craft. Watch some tutorials or something, it's poretty easy to pick up. You have to build a house etc before the zombies etc come and you have find foot etc.

There is a "creative" mode as well as "survival". In creative you can just build etc.

View Postkarmakazi, on 14 September 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

I don't get it and I don't play it... I guess I prefer my virtual time to include swords or guns.

Halo all the way baby.

There is swords etc.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#11    karmakazi

karmakazi

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

• Oh I am a giddy goat!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostCoffey, on 14 September 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

It's a Survival game. You can craft. Watch some tutorials or something, it's poretty easy to pick up. You have to build a house etc before the zombies etc come and you have find foot etc.

There is a "creative" mode as well as "survival". In creative you can just build etc.

There is swords etc.

That shows how little I know about M.C.  :D    I suppose I should have said I prefer first person shooters.

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Unknown

#12    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

There are so many things you can do in Minecraft whether you play the normal game or creative mode. It is actually quite a simple concept but no one really thought of it. The simplicity and originality is what makes it great. Just go in, survive from zombies while digging down into mines. Stumble across boobytrapped temples or tame a wild wolf or ocelot.

Create golems to protect your creations, plant a variety of crops from wheat to watermelon. Use mob spawners which spawn zombies and create a trap around it to collect all the loot from the dead. I could go on and on.

A great game.

#13    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostWookietim, on 14 September 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

So, I keep seeing minecraft creep onto more and more platforms. And everyone keeps telling me how great it is... so I downloaded the demo for the XBox because it was free.

I just don't get it... I walk around, move some blocks around and.... well... that seems to be it. I assume that I am missing something really important here - because otherwise it's just "Second life" with worse graphics.

Could someone explain to me what I am missing here? I am asking honestly - so many people are obsessed with it that I assume that the problem must be me...

The aim of the game is to kill the Ender Dragon.

Hint - The dragon doesnt exist in your universe you have to travel to another dimension to find it. Thats going to involve doing something odd with lava and a bucket. You'll want dimond armor and weapons before you go there and dimond is found far below you in the depths of the Earth.

The rest of the game is just about surviving until you get to the Ender Dragon.

#14    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Also I highly recommend picking up Terraria when it's on a really cheap deal on steam. It's like a 2d version of MC. It has a very nice old "school" or "Mario" feel about it but in a survival world.

View Postkarmakazi, on 15 September 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

That shows how little I know about M.C.  :D I suppose I should have said I prefer first person shooters.

I do normally, but there is something very chilled out and relaxing about games like MC.

Edited by Coffey, 19 September 2012 - 04:02 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#15    karmakazi

karmakazi

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

• Oh I am a giddy goat!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostCoffey, on 19 September 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

I do normally, but there is something very chilled out and relaxing about games like MC.

I can understand that, usually my chill out games are the racing type, like need for speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users