Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

big foot

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16    jcneda03

jcneda03

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

i belive the occurances happened in or near the town of bladenboro

#17    jcneda03

jcneda03

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

i believer the occurances happened near or arnd the town of bladenboro

#18    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

I haven't heard of that one either, I'm afraid. Do you have a link or something we could read up on it?

#19    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,224 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Chupasquatch? What's next uni-squatch? Draco-sqatch? Ness-squatch?

It would be a terrifying hybrid though... With that toughened thich leathery naked skin and extra long claws, and spines down its back. With a mouth full of needle like blood guzzling teeth.

Sounds like a Windigo actually. Or a furless werewolf.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#20    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 22 January 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

Chupasquatch? What's next uni-squatch? Draco-sqatch? Ness-squatch?

It would be a terrifying hybrid though... With that toughened thich leathery naked skin and extra long claws, and spines down its back. With a mouth full of needle like blood guzzling teeth.

Sounds like a Windigo actually. Or a furless werewolf.

Maybe that was "Daisy". She wasn't let free for health reasons. She ate them all and escaped! That would explain the disappearance nonexistence of the "team".
Lesson learned: Misnomers can be deadly!

#21    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,603 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

View Postjcneda03, on 22 January 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

hello evry buddy im new to this and my friend told me that ther is a bigfoot or sasquach as hes called hybrid with a chupacabra known as a chuapsquach and was wondering if this is true ad how much of a threat it would be to humans ans if it would more aggresive toward ppl

Hey JC, welcome to UM. :tu:

Honestly I think your friend may be pulling your leg. First, Bigfoot has never been definitively proven to exist, neither has the Chupacabra. That being the case, how would anyone know if some creature was actually a hybrid of these two cryptids? And I'll not even get into the difficulties of cross species hybridization to begin with.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#22    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

View PostTia, on 21 January 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

I agree with you on the media presence, the shows that come out seem to be a load of crap, I think I've watched 5 minutes here or there, they are just totally ridiculous.

Could you please explain how your claims and evidence are superior to those that appear on Finding Bigfoot?

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#23    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 22 January 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

Hey JC, welcome to UM. :tu:

Honestly I think your friend may be pulling your leg. First, Bigfoot has never been definitively proven to exist, neither has the Chupacabra. That being the case, how would anyone know if some creature was actually a hybrid of these two cryptids? And I'll not even get into the difficulties of cross species hybridization to begin with.

Hey! You let him mix that fictitious DNA anyway he wants to......it's a free......uhm...........actually I don't think it's free any more. I think there's a charge now.

Never mind.

#24    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostNight Walker, on 22 January 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

Could you please explain how your claims and evidence are superior to those that appear on Finding Bigfoot?

Did I say that they were superior? I said the show (well all up I may have watched 20 minutes of it) was crap. All I ever saw was I think 4 people at night looking **** scared making calls and then when they possibly get some movement/ sound they thrash about like idiots running directly for the spot rather than shutting up and listening for further activity which could be anything (I don't know the wildlife in the US, only Australia).

So once again I'll repeat I'm not saying anything I've put forward is superior and if people want to feel what I say is crap feel free, it doesn't bother me. And before you ask my last year has been really bad and I haven't had a chance to do any active in the field work.

Also to the x breed sassy/ chupa, I'm not even going to go there. :whistle:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#25    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

... And, the Right Jack

• 2,836 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 20 January 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

My opinion is that I totally agree that there is no known good evidence of bigfoot, but... I also think there is some kind of phenomena that is behind people seeing, hearing and interacting with what they believe is bigfoot. So in a sense bigfoot is real, to those that believe in him. Because though BF might not be physical, those people experienced something....

Hi, Die,, long time no see. I've been away.

No, good evidence..? Good golly Miss Molly! LOL

Reports of BF in North America go back 50 thousand years.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps, 22 January 2013 - 06:38 PM.

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#26    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,603 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 22 January 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Can you validate that or are you just throwing that number out there?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#27    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,224 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 22 January 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Hi, Die,, long time no see. I've been away.

No, good evidence..? Good golly Miss Molly! LOL

Eyewitness accounts and sound recordings and footprints and even pics and videos are definately all evidence. Just not GOOD evidence, as they are not good enough to be considered proof, but they are good enough to keep firing the imagination and debate.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#28    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I have to agree with DC here, while sighting, pictures and videos do fuel the imagination and keep the hopers and believers going, by themselves they aren't proof. Now if we had a body or say a skeleton or two then yeah the vids and pics might take on a deeper and possibly more evidential quality to them. The trouble is too many can be faked, lied about, misidentified......great examples we've bee talking about in other threads in this forum Todd Standing and Rick Dyer. Now I will look at anything they put up, I'd never take anything they say at face value and anyone who does pretty much gets what they deserve for being so gullible and misguided.

Thing is, these are just the guys we know about. I forget who it was but he became famous after his death for being a huge Bigfoot faker. He had Bigfoot prints on a pair of boots and he used to run around in Washington leaving prints behind then read the local paper to see who find them and just laugh. Only reason anyone ever found it out was he died and his family wanted people to know he'd been faking them all those years.

That's not to say every print is a fake, but which are and which aren't? You can photoshop up a creature and a very believable creature with software you can down load for free and with a rather inexpensive upgrade I can ban something out that will blow your socks off. So, sightings, videos, pictures, footprints I sort of take with a grain of salt and even though I just said that, I still pour over every one I see hoping to see something to make me wonder.

#29    jcneda03

jcneda03

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

on the subject of the chupasquach, i did some reading and it does sound remarkably like a windigo. thats very interesting thanks for the tip die. how dangerous would you say a windigo is/ would be if it were an actually around?

#30    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,224 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

View Postjcneda03, on 22 January 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

on the subject of the chupasquach, i did some reading and it does sound remarkably like a windigo. thats very interesting thanks for the tip die. how dangerous would you say a windigo is/ would be if it were an actually around?
Super dangerous. All the intellegence of a human, with an animal cunning, immorally violent, and a hunger for human flesh and blood on top of that. It is the whole reason werewolves are scary, because they are a lot more dangerous then us.

The windigo also has many of the characteristics of a classical vampire. They eat humans, but are gaunt and thin and pale, never able to eat enough, and are virtually immortal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users