Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Dyatlov Pass incident

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

bouncer, on 08 March 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

Ok if thats the actual graphic from the investigation I can understand the possibility. But shouldn't it have buried the tent AND the footprints found round the tent and in the directions they ran?  You'd have thought so eh?
No actually, its the schematic drawings of possible events by aforementioned authors.

bouncer, on 08 March 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

[...] But shouldn't it have buried the tent AND the footprints found round the tent and in the directions they ran?  You'd have thought so eh?
Did you saw photos how tent looked like when it was discovered?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#32    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

bmk1245, on 08 March 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

No actually, its the schematic drawings of possible events by aforementioned authors.

Did you saw photos how tent looked like when it was discovered?

yeh course I saw the photos/vid, I posted it!!

The tent looks like any other that has been left to attract blown snow, its still got its pole standing up proudly... ( :blush: )

No raging force hit that tent, poles are hardly enough to withstand a sea of avalanche are they....and if it were an avalanche, the BIG clue would be in a flattened tent oriented to one way or another...(where an avalanche may have swept it)

...and the footprints?

EDIT to add: Most snow campers half bury the tent anyways for better warmth/stability and to get out of the wind more...

Edited by bouncer, 08 March 2012 - 08:31 PM.

#33    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

Ah just realised your from Lithuania ...

so when I mentioned poles I was using the English word for the stick that holds a tent up...

Not polish poles!

#34    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Cassea, on 08 March 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Where is it then?   There's a few things here that can eliminate some theories.  One is that they ran away from their tent.  And then tried to return to the tent.   For them to have run as far as they did with no clothes on makes no sense.  They are experienced skiers.  They would have known that they would die.  As they are waiting to get out of the tent why not grab some clothing?  To go out barefoot? No sense.  So where is the knife used to cut the tent?  If there was an attack,  having a knife would be a weapon?  

Seems like they were forced to leave the tent. The idea that some of the people in the tent thought there was an avalanche and ran out makes sense.  A jet flying overhead makes them think it's an avalanche.  Then they run out but those left behind realize it's a false alarm and go out to find them and fall off a ravine.  Maybe?
The tent was cut from inside, and searchers did found knives near bodies as well in their pockets.
As for leaving in hurry, authors suggest following (in short): slab slides on one side of the tent injuring few members of the group. Others cut/rip through the tent material with knives and help injured get out. Group decides descend to the forest into safety, expecting to return to the tent later. Quite understandable, cause you don't know what to expect in darkness and in such situation they found themselves - will another slide occur?
Kinda similar thing: in the middle of the night half of your house collapses. What would you do:
1) help injured friend and try to get out as fast as possible, and away from the building;
2) you would look for your clothes and boots in the darkness, pack your bag, etc, and only then walk into safe place?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#35    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

bouncer, on 08 March 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

yeh course I saw the photos/vid, I posted it!!

The tent looks like any other that has been left to attract blown snow, its still got its pole standing up proudly... ( :blush: )

No raging force hit that tent, poles are hardly enough to withstand a sea of avalanche are they....and if it were an avalanche, the BIG clue would be in a flattened tent oriented to one way or another...(where an avalanche may have swept it)

...and the footprints?

EDIT to add: Most snow campers half bury the tent anyways for better warmth/stability and to get out of the wind more...
Schematic I posted was from the "side view". More of the suggested you will figure out from the following:

the very first moments of the slide
Posted Image

position of the group members in the tent
Posted Image

moments just after the slide occured
Posted Image
(link)

And yeah, footprints were found just 15-20 m below tent, towards the forest.

#36    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

bouncer, on 08 March 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Ah just realised your from Lithuania ...

so when I mentioned poles I was using the English word for the stick that holds a tent up...

Not polish poles!
Thanks for clarification. I thought hikers were using Poles for holding tent trough the night...

#37    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

There is no mystery here.
Ask what exactly you dont understand about this case?
Everything is well explained.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#38    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,821 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

Just remember to Hold on to your toungh ! ITs always the first to go ! Yummy ! ever eat Cow toungh ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#39    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

According to the site jadewik provided on page one:

Dubanina’s tongue was not ripped out it was degraded through natural processes

The radiation found was inconsequential

The area was not sealed off to everyone – only amateur sports groups

The case was never classified

There are currently no records of any experimental aircraft being tested in the area in 1959

There is no evidence (now or then) that the area was used to test weapons.  However, this doesn’t rule out secret testing

Photographs thought to be missile parts have turned out to be old radar units

The mysterious envelope contained only general correspondence

Photographs show that any discolouration of the bodies was wholly normal

The woman on the train who claimed there were eleven people has turned out to be a very unreliable witness (and a different person altogether).

The injuries discovered are explainable and consistent with those that might be expected to occur in a group of desperate and clearly frightened people that had been stumbling around in dangerous conditions in the dark.

There is absolutely no substantiated evidence for crashed UFO’s, Concussion Weapons, Mad Mansi or Russian Death Squads.

All the physical evidence found at the time and subsequent analysis and testing indicates that there was no avalanche.  However, at least one person involved with this case still believes that an avalanche was the cause.

LINK

Still an interesting story though.

Edited by DKO, 23 April 2012 - 01:50 PM.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users