Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Shop that sold gun to Lanza's Mother raided

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 06 April 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Perhaps the shop was closed so that certain evidence could be secured and protected?  Certain paperwork or something?

Tiggs

You had me chuckling there a few posts back, suggesting that an illegal weapon was somehow involved. :tsu:   But what funnier was that innuendo suggesting Obama's statement was somehow factual.  Not to mention this is a government whose justice dept was running guns to Mexico.  The hypocrisy is very rich.

View PostTiggs, on 06 April 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

As it's so obviously hilarious - presumably you have actual evidence to the contrary?

Obama, tell the truth?  :w00t:

I wouldn't take his word that night's dark and day's light...

#17    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostKowalski, on 06 April 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

Obama, tell the truth?  :w00t:

I wouldn't take his word that night's dark and day's light...
Which I think you'll find is my point.

#18    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

perhaps Obama should be impeached for lying to the people to get elected. He only continues to lie to us today. Take the blinders off there was no automatic weapon used, we all know that. This is an act by the ATF that deserves to be looked into and if they were abusing there power they should be prosecuted.

#19    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostTiggs, on 06 April 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

I doubt anyone would agree that removing the shop's license without cause is a good thing.

However - combining this with Obama's recent speech, where he claimed that the weapon used was a fully automatic - maybe that particular shop's being doing some illegal modifications.

Time will tell, either way.
He hasn't always been the most accurate with his statements.  And if they did sell such a weapon you can be sure someone would be in jail by now.  THAT is a very big no - no.  The steps required for a full auto permit are lengthy and expensive.  So much so that it isn't worthwhile for many people.  And add to that the price difference.  An Ar-15 semi auto .223 was about 1000 dollars before this madness, but even then, a fully auto was 10 X that.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#20    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 07 April 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

perhaps Obama should be impeached for lying to the people to get elected. He only continues to lie to us today. Take the blinders off there was no automatic weapon used, we all know that.
Until the official police report comes out, I don't know that for sure.

What I don't see anywhere is the Whitehouse walking it back.

This is an act by the ATF that deserves to be looked into and if they were abusing there power they should be prosecuted.
After some quick investigation, it would appear that the store has some serious inventory control issues.

#21    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,554 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

perhaps Obama should be impeached for lying to the people to get elected. He only continues to lie to us today. Take the blinders off there was no automatic weapon used, we all know that. This is an act by the ATF that deserves to be looked into and if they were abusing there power they should be prosecuted.

That is an interesting point, and something I had not thought about.

Assuming this was a staged event, there would have to be some bureaucratic advantage gained by pulling it off.  I have assumed that it was just an excuse for more gun control legislation, as demonstrated by Feinstein.

But what if it was an effort by ATF to bring that bureau into the modern times, as far as record keeping goes?

I did not realize that ATF is rather like the VA when it comes to records keeping--everything is on paper, and apparently nothing or very damn little on computers.

Could this incident generate political will to modernize ATF in that regard?

#22    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

View Postand then, on 07 April 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

He hasn't always been the most accurate with his statements.  And if they did sell such a weapon you can be sure someone would be in jail by now.  THAT is a very big no - no.  The steps required for a full auto permit are lengthy and expensive.  So much so that it isn't worthwhile for many people.  And add to that the price difference.  An Ar-15 semi auto .223 was about 1000 dollars before this madness, but even then, a fully auto was 10 X that.
Which is why a cheap full automatic under the counter would appeal to many people.

However - I do concede that if it were the case, then you'd imagine that someone would have been formally charged at this point, to the extent that the lack of any charges pretty much destroys any possible connection between the two events.

Hence, I withdraw my earlier suggestion.

Nicely done.

#23    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostTiggs, on 07 April 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

Until the official police report comes out, I don't know that for sure.

What I don't see anywhere is the Whitehouse walking it back.

After some quick investigation, it would appear that the store has some serious inventory control issues.

According to the article, the guy, Jordan Marsh, who stole the gun, has schizophrenia, and was off his meds when he was arrested. Hmmm....

#24    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 07 April 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

That is an interesting point, and something I had not thought about.

Assuming this was a staged event, there would have to be some bureaucratic advantage gained by pulling it off.  I have assumed that it was just an excuse for more gun control legislation, as demonstrated by Feinstein.

But what if it was an effort by ATF to bring that bureau into the modern times, as far as record keeping goes?

I did not realize that ATF is rather like the VA when it comes to records keeping--everything is on paper, and apparently nothing or very damn little on computers.

Could this incident generate political will to modernize ATF in that regard?
Given that all of the weapons used were legally bought and registered - not really seeing how that would tie in, to be honest.

#25    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

View Postand then, on 07 April 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

And if they did sell such a weapon you can be sure someone would be in jail by now.

Not to mention, if a fully automatic weapon had been used that day, it would have been known well before this speech -- like within minutes.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#26    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostRafterman, on 07 April 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Not to mention, if a fully automatic weapon had been used that day, it would have been known well before this speech -- like within minutes.
How, exactly?

#27    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,554 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostTiggs, on 07 April 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

Given that all of the weapons used were legally bought and registered - not really seeing how that would tie in, to be honest.

Well, IMO one of the things that come from this is that the ATF be brought into the modern world of record keeping.  I mean if we're going to keep records, let's do it properly.

The Daily Show and I guess one of the Big 3 networks did a piece about how completely archaic the ATF offices are, and it turns out that a big reason for it was that "custom rules" were put into effect years ago, at the request and with the assistance of the NRA.

If we're going to keep records, let's do it right.  I give moral support to the NRA, but if this is true, and it sure seems to be, then the group abused the system somehow.  I used to be a member, but quit many years ago.

#28    iNvRG

iNvRG

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Political victims IMO.

"We as humans believe in a superior being because we as humans can not comprehend the magnitude of our own existence"

#29    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 07 April 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

Well, IMO one of the things that come from this is that the ATF be brought into the modern world of record keeping.  I mean if we're going to keep records, let's do it properly.

The Daily Show and I guess one of the Big 3 networks did a piece about how completely archaic the ATF offices are, and it turns out that a big reason for it was that "custom rules" were put into effect years ago, at the request and with the assistance of the NRA.

If we're going to keep records, let's do it right.  I give moral support to the NRA, but if this is true, and it sure seems to be, then the group abused the system somehow.  I used to be a member, but quit many years ago.
The NRA won't allow computerised lists of gun owners - and what the NRA wants, the NRA gets.

#30    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

perhaps Obama should be impeached for lying to the people to get elected.

If You was to impeach Obama for lying then I think You would need to impeach all politician's, as they are all full of ****
To become a politician, You need to be good at lying

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users