Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

info wanted on historic account, Western Aus.

rampaging redneck

Gday folks.

I was doing some reading on stories regarding UFOs, aliens and similar phenomenon in my state of Western Australia and I came across one that got my interest.

The gist of it was that something, believed to be an alien came to a farmhouse in Mandurah, WA, some time in the 1930s, and asked the occupants for water. It was then shot to death by the terrified farmer.

Unfortunately, I can't find anything further than this, but I'll post links after I do some more Googling.

Does anybody else know of this story and can add more to it?

Thanks in advance :)

• Like 3

Can't find anything about the 1930's, but Mandurah seems quite an active UFO 'hotspot' more recently.

Really? I work in the peel region (and live in gnangara LOL) but was never really aware of that.

Gday mate. Hey do a search here on UM, there's been quite a few threads about UFO's in Oz and a couple if I remember correctly specifically from WA. They may lead you to some more relivent info.

Let's us know how ya go. A to the Oie! :)

Cheers mate! I'll give that a burl. I really only hang around the cryptozoology threads but this story has been driving me nuts for a while lol.

• Like 1

an alien that speaks Australian? that is as scarce as rocking horse ****!

"excuse me bloke, I know I am about as welcome as a fart in a phone box and you look busier than a bricklayer in Beirut. Could I have some water? I am drier than a nuns nasty."

• Like 1

Really? I work in the peel region (and live in gnangara LOL) but was never really aware of that.

Sorry, I meant to post a link in #3. Can't find the damn thing now! I'll repost if I do locate it.

OK. You live in Gnangara, a suburb in Perth. You work in the Peel Region, about 75 kms south of Perth. The city of Mandurah is in that region. I can't find any accounts of UFO activity specific to that town. Sorry.

• Like 1

an alien that speaks Australian? that is as scarce as rocking horse ****!

"excuse me bloke, I know I am about as welcome as a fart in a phone box and you look busier than a bricklayer in Beirut. Could I have some water? I am drier than a nuns nasty."

Hahahaha Paul down under!

I found this. The article is down towards the middle of the page. AlienWithGun.gif

The world we live in

From the above article. 1930.

Australia. Small humanoid alien shows up at a farm in Mandurah, W.A., asking for water. Shot to death by terrified farmer. He later tells of nightmares and seeing flashes of light....commits suicide two years later. His wife later said " Ron was not the same person I knew before he met that "thing"..."I don't know what happened that night I was asleep at the time. I was woken up by the gunshots"...."all Ron told me was that there was an "intruder" on the farm"...."Ron told me he had never seen anything like it before...He said it looked like something from a science fiction movie...he would not talk about it and started drinking heavily...I became very worried about him... I could not talk to him anymore and we drifted apart..and then he suddenly shot himself..."

OK. You live in Gnangara, a suburb in Perth. You work in the Peel Region, about 75 kms south of Perth. The city of Mandurah is in that region. I can't find any accounts of UFO activity specific to that town. Sorry.

You'll find here in WA a lot of people will work even over a 1,000kms from where they live :yes: well... FIFO workers that is I guess!

Very interesting story though, love going to Mandurah every once in a while for a bit of fishing :w00t:

The fishing and more importantly the crabbing is great :)

One thing in that story that struck me as odd... the farmer described it as something out of a "science fiction" movie... in 1930?

Hopefully this story isn't a load of hogwash, I've been interested in.it for ages! :P