Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

A fascist or just a fool

fascist footbal manager sunderland

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

• Paolo Di Canio's appointment as Sunderland boss has caused controversy
  • His apparent facist sympathies have caused protest among Sunderland fans
As the elderly residents of an affluent Rome suburb passed the imposing Santa Chiara Church they witnessed a scene that stirred vivid memories, casting them back to the darkest chapter in Italy’s turbulent history.

View: Read more

Posted Image

#2    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,705 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Both.

#3    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

Not a word was mentioned about this when he was Swindon boss (which is hypocritical really)...he's either fit to manage a team over here, or he's not....to say he's fit to run a league team but not a premiership side makes a mockery of the sport.

I think he is a facist unfortunately, which I personally find a bit sad really, but I guess if all opinions are allowed and he is allowed to manage here, then strictly from a footballing side he's welcome back to Upton Park anyday.

#4    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,626 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

They never reported this or hardly any news when he took over Swindon, never made headline news. The media only care about big clubs

#5    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostSky Scanner, on 06 April 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

Not a word was mentioned about this when he was Swindon boss (which is hypocritical really)...he's either fit to manage a team over here, or he's not....to say he's fit to run a league team but not a premiership side makes a mockery of the sport.

I think he is a facist unfortunately, which I personally find a bit sad really, but I guess if all opinions are allowed and he is allowed to manage here, then strictly from a footballing side he's welcome back to Upton Park anyday.

I have to agree with that statement.. don't get me wrong the guys is a fool without a doubt but now there is suddenly an issue..

Posted Image

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,820 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

The evil that Fascism clearly is has been plainly demonstrated for the whole world to see.  The world has the right to protect itself.

#7    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,887 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

Paolo's a good chap ... he is

Black Cats are still going down though ... fascist or no fascist

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#8    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

I think it sets a dangerous precedent if someone can be denied or forced out of a job because of their political beleifs. He should be allowed to keep his management position and only lose it if he doesnt perform.

Di Canio has stated that while being a fascist he isnt a racist. So people are essentially whinning about a person wanting his country to rise to prominance again which, if we are all really honest, 95% of us want anyway. The Italians didnt even practice racism during WW2.

#9    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,626 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostGiant Killer B, on 06 April 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

I think it sets a dangerous precedent if someone can be denied or forced out of a job because of their political beleifs. He should be allowed to keep his management position and only lose it if he doesnt perform.

Di Canio has stated that while being a fascist he isnt a racist. So people are essentially whinning about a person wanting his country to rise to prominance again which, if we are all really honest, 95% of us want anyway. The Italians didnt even practice racism during WW2.
Italian hooligans and come clubs are racist, if you look at the club football there is a lot of racism

#10    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Has he ever been openly racist ?

A bit silly with the Nazi salutes, but they don't offend me, it depends what his thinking was behind them, I think its an over zealous show of pride in his nationality.

#11    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Yes it was, the GMB immediately withdrew their sponsorship of the club.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#12    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,705 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

lol

In his autobiography, he praised Mussolini as "basically a very principled, ethical individual" who was "deeply misunderstood".

#13    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 06 April 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

Yes it was, the GMB immediately withdrew their sponsorship of the club.

I was talking more about the press.

#14    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 06 April 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

Italian hooligans and some clubs are racist, if you look at the club football there is a lot of racism

And while thats true we are talking about Di Canio not what this or that hooligan is like.

#15    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,626 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostGiant Killer B, on 06 April 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

And while thats true we are talking about Di Canio not what this or that hooligan is like.
Same thing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users