Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO filmed from airline during US flight

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#76    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 08 January 2013 - 05:50 AM, said:

Nobody ever listens to Logic any more,Its the Overhead Light reflecting !

Mate, I gotta admit, the cross hairs are real hard to toss aside. There has to be a way to do it. I am going to try this at home tonight. I noticed the reflection of some downlights ion a window a few weeks ago, it would have made an awesome UFO pic.

Shoulda taken a piccy and popped it in the TT thread. :D

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#77    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,733 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 08 January 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

Mate, I gotta admit, the cross hairs are real hard to toss aside. There has to be a way to do it. I am going to try this at home tonight. I noticed the reflection of some downlights ion a window a few weeks ago, it would have made an awesome UFO pic.

Shoulda taken a piccy and popped it in the TT thread. :D

I wonder if the fact that those windows are double paned could change the angle of reflection? Possibly reflecting off of the exterior pane and being refracted twice? I don't know.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#78    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 08 January 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

I wonder if the fact that those windows are double paned could change the angle of reflection? Possibly reflecting off of the exterior pane and being refracted twice? I don't know.

Going by the illustrations provided, it would be a double throw, surely the reflection must distort in some fashion when it hits two reflective surfaces parallel to each other? But you might need to be outside the plane for that to be noticed. Hrmzzz, food for thought/.....

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#79    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

The light angle argument is deceiving. The windows are multi layered plus the outer layers are concave, which would make the light reflect from another angle, not straight on.

Similar to this, except a normal pane of glass instead of the electrochromic in the centre:

Posted Image

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#80    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,733 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostDKO, on 08 January 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

The light angle argument is deceiving. The windows are multi layered plus the outer layers are concave, which would make the light reflect from another angle, not straight on.

Similar to this, except a normal pane of glass instead of the electrochromic in the centre:

Posted Image

Are they concave or only curved? A contact lens or a half-pipe for example?

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#81    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 08 January 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

Are they concave or only curved? A contact lens or a half-pipe for example?

Both, concave is curved.

Posted Image

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

#82    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,733 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostDKO, on 08 January 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Both, concave is curved.

Posted Image

Right. But it can't be a half-pipe shape (curved but straight horizontally) and a contact lens (bowl) shape at the same time, it has to be one or the other. The only reason I'm asking is because there is a distinct difference between the reflective properties of either shape.

#83    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 08 January 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Right. But it can't be a half-pipe shape (curved but straight horizontally) and a contact lens (bowl) shape at the same time, it has to be one or the other. The only reason I'm asking is because there is a distinct difference between the reflective properties of either shape.

I would say by looking at the diagram that it's more of a contact lens shape. Which would still throw off the reflective angle a bit.

Confucius Says:

#84    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,831 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

DKO is pretty much on the spot,THe reflection is from the rear of the position the camera operator is in the window seat starboard side 3/4 the way back on the plane. the hand is held up in the front portion of the window. the light soarce and reflection is coming from the rear ! Just my opinion !
Grreat Nat-Geo  clip psyche101  I watched all of it ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#85    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,495 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 08 January 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

Hey S2F,

You could get a double reflection, but you don't see that so it's another reason to discount it being a reflection. But honestly he proved it was not by using the reflection of his hand.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#86    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Not if the reflection was coming from behind him. If the glass is concave, it will reflect the light from behind without him blocking it with his hand.

Also, if it's double paned glass it will blot out all the other lights around the stadium... :whistle:

#87    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,831 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Ye` of little investagation ! The angle of the dangle is from the rear of the plane.the camera opperator only holds his hand to the front of the plane.when he finally puts it to the rear and finger Its gose away! JMO

This is a Work in Progress!

#88    kitty81

kitty81

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• you never know.. >'.'<

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

nice..

Kitty >'.'<

#89    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,495 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 09 January 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

Not if the reflection was coming from behind him. If the glass is concave, it will reflect the light from behind without him blocking it with his hand.

Also, if it's double paned glass it will blot out all the other lights around the stadium... :whistle:

How many times does it have to be pointed out that it could not be a reflection from behind? And no its not really concave, part of the window may have some curving to match the body of the aircraft but that isn't going to be much more than what you see on a typical automobile window.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#90    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,694 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Someone please perform this damn experiment again for goodness sakes!!!

I still think that if it was a Real Craft, that since it was Forward of the cockpit, that the pilots would have seen it.... if it was real. (plus, the guy is a known hack)

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users