Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Melba Ketchun on AM Coast to Coast

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Ketchum will be on Sunday night February 17, if anyone wants to catch it.

#2    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

Great! I'll host the DNA Coming Out party.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#3    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

Well, the show isn't known for asking tough questions, so my guess is she's going to be allowed to give "her side" of the story. However, she did specifically state back in November the paper was under peer review, turns out is wasn't and never was apparently and she published via a vanity press. Which simply means she paid a printer to print it up for her, It is true that many a good theoretical paper has begun life that way, however when you're charging people to see it........well, that just don't look good.

Still, I think I'd love to hear what she has to say about it, should be good for a laugh or two.

#4    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,858 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

Does CtC allow phone-in questioning?

Sadly I'm on the wrong side of the globe..

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#5    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

Yes they do, I don't know if they be doing that with her. I suspect that with all the controversy..........which isn't so much controversy as it is BS. They might forego telephone questions for her.

However!!!! I see no reason you can't email them your questions. Maybe, just maybe, they'll include it in the show.

I also know you can hook up with the show via Skype. I know George loves technology and I think he's got his own issues with all the BS going on lately in the Bigfoot community. So, please, hook them up with questions.

Edited by keninsc, 16 February 2013 - 03:59 AM.

#6    _Only

_Only

• 6,464 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 16 February 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

Yes they do, I don't know if they be doing that with her. I suspect that with all the controversy..........which isn't so much controversy as it is BS. They might forego telephone questions for her.

They'd miss some likely very interesting exchanges. I can see them taking questions, and if it gets too iffy, Noory would direct the attention away and move on. If no caller exchanges, the only discussion would be her giving her spiel, and George being patronizing. That's how it always is.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#7    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

View Post_Only, on 16 February 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

They'd miss some likely very interesting exchanges. I can see them taking questions, and if it gets too iffy, Noory would direct the attention away and move on. If no caller exchanges, the only discussion would be her giving her spiel, and George being patronizing. That's how it always is.

I get where you're coming from on that but George isn't known for confrontation on his show. Although with all the stuff going on about Ketchum and her report I don't see how he can avoid asking about it. Thing is he'll probably ask something like, "Dr. Ketchum, would you like a address any of the criticism about your report since it's release?" And she say something which doesn't address anything and that will be the end of it. I love AMCTC, but there are times I wish it would be just a bit more objective.

I don't know if that's the right word or not, but just a bit more questioning.

Edited by keninsc, 16 February 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,125 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Well that just adds to her credibility.....

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#9    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Just found this nice article, about the DeNovo Journal of Science, set up on February 4th, by Ketchum, to "publish" their work and pretend it peer reviewed, however, there is no indication it ever was.
Read the below article, very interesting.

http://www.the-scien...ot-DNA-is-Bunk/

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#10    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 16 February 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Just found this nice article, about the DeNovo Journal of Science, set up on February 4th, by Ketchum, to "publish" their work and pretend it peer reviewed, however, there is no indication it ever was.
Read the below article, very interesting.

http://www.the-scien...ot-DNA-is-Bunk/

DeNovo "Accelerating Science"

Now, anyone who wants to believe this stuff has a "scientific" journal to reference.

I can see one or two involved, but who are all the scientists? (authors) she's spoken of associated with this DNA Study? There is a list on the journal's website.

"Anything submitted to DeNovo Publishing should not be published elsewhere." Now there is a foregone conclusion!

http://www.denovojournal.com/
Anything submitted to DeNovo Publishing should not be published elsewhere

in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#11    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,760 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

I would rather get that colonoscopy I've been avoiding than listen to either one of those nut jobs.

I'm sure she is going to demonize real science and play on the already existing multitude of conspiracy theories in the crypto community. This chick is a total looser and so is anyone that believes anything that comes out of her mouth, or her DNA tests.

#12    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

View Postevancj, on 17 February 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

I would rather get that colonoscopy I've been avoiding than listen to either one of those nut jobs.

I'm sure she is going to demonize real science and play on the already existing multitude of conspiracy theories in the crypto community. This chick is a total looser and so is anyone that believes anything that comes out of her mouth, or her DNA tests.

At least with the colonoscopy you know what you're getting, with Ketchum once you face down you just never know what's going in.

:w00t:

#13    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

Well, listening to her will definitely be like a virtual colonoscopy...

butt, wanna hear her anyway...

Edited by QuiteContrary, 17 February 2013 - 03:48 AM.

#14    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

I'm the same way, it's just one of those things that I just wanna hear what she has to say about it. I think it's all bogus but then I just gotta watch it for some crazy reason.

#15    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's history.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

I wish that she had an established and respected team of scientists assisting her. It would give her results more heft. Her current findings seem to be a bit fuzzy, and some openminded mainstream geneticists could answer some questions about the exact species mentioned in her findings. I hope that someone like Jeff Meldrum gets involved in this.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users