Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Yowie Episode

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

QC, we are meant to have 3 types of HGs in Australia.

The most common being around 6ft to 8ft, then we have the 9ft to 12ft ones and little ones about 4ft tall that are meant to hang out in groups and be quite nasty. They have names for each type but bugger if I can remember them.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#47    Night Walker

Night Walker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostTia, on 06 January 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

QC, we are meant to have 3 types of HGs in Australia.

The most common being around 6ft to 8ft, then we have the 9ft to 12ft ones and little ones about 4ft tall that are meant to hang out in groups and be quite nasty. They have names for each type but bugger if I can remember them.

Dooligarl (or some variation), Quinken, and Junjadee (Brown Jacks)...

Latest Yowie News:

Dean Harrison http://www.yowiehunters.com.au/ and Gary Opit http://garyopit.com/ deserve full credit for discovering How Brett Green Hoaxed his photos for his booklet "Yowie Tales".
Brett Green serial hoaxer is selling a book "Yowie Tales" at the end of this page.
http://www.shop.egym...om.au/cdbuy/...
This video shows the frame grabs Green stole in b/w and the original frames from the BBC show in color.
Walking With Beasts-Next of kin-Episode 4-Next of Kin
2001 six part series.BBC
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-16iILm33k
The following time codes from the BBC episode show which frames Green stole and what he did with the frames.

8.17 Family On Rock.Green photo given to one of us before the book launch.Green was going to use this in the second book.
9.26 Two Yowies Facing away on Rock-Green photo given to one of us before the book launch.Green was going to use this in the second book.
10.51 Walking Slim Male On Right-Page 113 in Yowie Tales.
11.42 Face-The Face was on the cover of "Yowie tales Book 1"+page 113.
Face photo was used on page 2 and under the photo was the text.'Cover Image Illustration © B J Green.'
Pages 51/52/53 "Yowie Tales" Green describes taking the photos used in "Yowie Tales".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLdJ4r-zYhM

On topic: The episode showed an investigation of a bloke who was sleeping inside his car when a Yowie began shaking it from outside - here is his blog: The Australian Ape Project

I offered my services as "resident skeptic" or to independently verify their claims but was declined...

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#48    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 16 August 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

On topic: The episode showed an investigation of a bloke who was sleeping inside his car when a Yowie began shaking it from outside - here is his blog: The Australian Ape Project

I offered my services as "resident skeptic" or to independently verify their claims but was declined...

Yes, the visiting Finding Bigfoot team talked to the man and tried to recreate the car shaking. I can't remember their conclusion.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#49    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,775 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 16 August 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

I can't remember their conclusion.

Same conclusion as all ways.......Was a Bigfoot.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#50    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,362 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 16 August 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Yes, the visiting Finding Bigfoot team talked to the man and tried to recreate the car shaking. I can't remember their conclusion.
"no normal man could that done that, must have been a squatch!".

#51    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 16 August 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

"no normal man could that done that, must have been a squatch!".

Yeah, iidk, I'm thinking it was something about Bobo's arms not being long enough to reach side to side across the top of the car, like the beast would have to shake it that night.
Humans! Pffft...

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#52    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

Yeah, the guys don't let details like evidence or rather the lack of it stop them from claiming it was a Bigfoot. If they did they wouldn't have a show.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users