Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Raw oLd Hag

White Crane Feather

So I just talked my histerical 6 year old down from a sleep pralysis event. I was wondering when his first would be. I was haunted by them most of my life, and as many of you who know me in these forums now I asist other people In over comeing them.

I have noticed his ability/curse to become altered was like mine... And I have sat with him through many of night terrors. He has already had sleep studies done of course with nothing it's just apart of what we are.

The reason I'm posting is because I'm letting everyone known. That my son described a text book old hag scenerio. Monster sitting on his chest and so he couldn't breath and everything . Yet I have never spoken about this around him. He is no way culturally influenced.

If you have children that experience this.. For gods sake let them sleep with you.. As a kid no one ever believed how real my attacks were and blew them off as nightmares. They are something difterent..a differnt class of nightmare. And they are a common human experience independent of cultural conditioning.

That's all. If any one needs assistance with these problems....I'll help you in any way that I can.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 2

So I just talked my histerical 6 year old down from a sleep pralysis event. I was wondering when his first would be. I was haunted by them most of my life, and as many of you who know me in these forums now I asist other people In over comeing them.

I have noticed his ability/curse to become altered was like mine... And I have sat with him through many of night terrors. He has already had sleep studies done of course with nothing it's just apart of what we are.

The reason I'm posting is because I'm letting everyone known. That my son described a text book old hag scenerio. Monster sitting on his chest and so he couldn't breath and everything . Yet I have never spoken about this around him. He is no way culturally influenced.

If you have children that experience this.. For gods sake let them sleep with you.. As a kid no one ever believed how real my attacks were and blew them off as nightmares. They are something difterent..a differnt class of nightmare. And they are a common human experience independent of cultural conditioning.

I had this happen to me, maybe half a dozen times, the first time starting last year. YES it is terrifying, and very real. I attributed it to me being stressed and a weak state of mind, making me more susseptible to negative energies. It just felt so evil, and it fed off my terror.

I really don't know mush about them, why they happen, or how they go away, but I can say with certainty that they are horrible.

That's all. If any one needs assistance with these problems....I'll help you in any way that I can.

I had this happen, maybe half a dozen times. The first starting about a year ago. YES! They are terrifying and very real. I attributed it to me being under stress and in a weaker state of mind, which allowed the negative energies in.

I don't know much about them, other than the terrifying experience they cause. I don't know where they came from, or how they stopped. I feel sad for you son. Its a good thing you are an understanding and accepting parent.

Edited by littlewonder

I remember waking up while staying with at my grandmas house when i was really little. (I want to say 5 or 6) I remember being able to sit up in the bed, but not being able to move anymore than that, also not being able to scream or yell for her. I was terrifed and panicking. I wonder if that's the same thing or something different?

I remember waking up while staying with at my grandmas house when i was really little. (I want to say 5 or 6) I remember being able to sit up in the bed, but not being able to move anymore than that, also not being able to scream or yell for her. I was terrifed and panicking. I wonder if that's the same thing or something different?

It sounds similar. I new my son was headed for it. I will be training him to overcome these things as soon as he us old enough to understand. For now all I can do is comfort him, and avoid the circumstances that cause it.

• 4 weeks later...

its the old hag for sure. sounds like my expereince only i lived with my grandmother and once i became aware i was dreaming, and dreaming badly i tried to wake up. that, other than the figure in the dream with me, was the scariest part. not being able to move a muscle or scream for help. i spacifically remember trying to scream for her but it came out muffled and quiet, like a mumbling idiot really. and i could lift my arm enough so that i wass able to hit the wall. to my thinking id bang on the wall and shed wake up and come rush in and somehow wake me. but i was already awake! it wasnt untill the black figure, which looked much like the grim reaper minus the hardware and any and all features, just a black cloaked figure walking toward me. stopping at my bedside, and putting his hands under me like he was about to carry me off.

at the time i was convinced he was the angel of death and if he got me out of my bed then id be dead or something. it was the single most terrifying thing ive ever experienced. and its happend after that in variations, sometimes theres no man figure, only the paralyzing thing and other times ill be about to drop off into sleep when im suddenly terrified once i do it'll be one of those dreams and "he'll" come. hes never actually gotten me tho, i always manage to bang about or moan loud enough for my partner to wake me or sjake me out of it. he never sits on me either, and he's not small, hes huge. just black. plain black like a robe.

he's the single most terrifying thing in the world if you dont know its something that happens to lots of people. and that the dream itself, being awake but still asleep can help you astral project. or just give u the opportunity to have a really really lucid and cool dream. unfortunately i havent been able to acheive either as of yet, but i can assure you that its not a monster or a demon. i just dont know what the hell it is but its comforting to know its relatively normal and most people experience it at least once. and not everyone experiences it with the figure or figures. sometimes its just a dream u cant wake yourself up from and thats scary enough.

Well, I don't remember seeing or "feeling" anything with me at the time of my experience.

I was so young so the memory is fuzzy, but nothing like that has happened again. I thought maybe I had just woken up from a nightmare and was paralyzed with fear, except I remember that I was sitting upright trying my hardest to scream and run out of the room.

Well, I don't remember seeing or "feeling" anything with me at the time of my experience.

I was so young so the memory is fuzzy, but nothing like that has happened again. I thought maybe I had just woken up from a nightmare and was paralyzed with fear, except I remember that I was sitting upright trying my hardest to scream and run out of the room.

sarah, thats exactly what i thought, "oh god im so scared i cant move". and i guess not everone sees the figure or figures, but that kind of dream itself is scary becasue you realize you're dreaming and arent able to wake yourself no matter how hard u try. of course eventually u wake, but while yopu're in it it's terrifing really. you're lucky you didnt see or feel anything present with you. ill never forget what i felt and experienced.

the thing is,since i was essentially having and OBE whatever was there with me ive got to face eventually becasue its really there. not just a dream. so theres where im at trying to kick myself out of my body so i can flip poff the grim reaper and have an amaxing OBE!

I recall the first time it happened to me, I was very young as well possibly six or seven. At first I had no idea how it had been different from any other dream, I just knew it felt a lot more real and I was a lot more terrified. I still recall the dream that came before it, it was full of animals (when I was little I lived out in the country and we had a mini farm kinda thing).

In the beginning of the dream I could see the rabbits terrified in their cages like there was something trying to get at them from the outside but I couldn't see anything. I turned to run back inside but a big crack opened in the ground between me and the house. I looked back and there were pigeons on the ground they were doing some kind of dance or ritual it was really creepy, it looked evil to me. I felt like something was chasing me but I couldn't see it, I couldn't move or scream. When I woke up I sat still in my bed till my Mom came in... I must have screamed at some point. I remember trying to tell her how scary it was, how it was not a normal dream, I even remember telling her I didn't want to go to school, lol... She laughed at me, told me it was just a dream and everything would be okay.

I hope all turns out well Seeker, just let him know you have been there and understand that is probably the best comfort you can provide. Also tell him next time you will be there, that might help. ;)

Thanks daharma...

I guess he is pretty lucky haveing a dad that is not going to just call it a nightmare and make him go back to bed.

The interesting part about the whole thing is that these images of some monster sitting on top of you, must be some kind of genetic memory or something. Otherwise, why would my six year old who has never herd me discuss it before join the ranks of thousands of years if people. Quite interesting.

Edited by Seeker79

I made a video for people that might need help with this, just let me know and I'll send it to you. ( I have already posted it several places)

Given your constant fixation on the subject, I really find that difficult to accept.

Given your constant fixation on the subject, I really find that difficult to accept.

That's fine. You are entitled to what you accept and don't accept. ;)

Seeker,

I am very sorry to hear that your child has had this experience. As a sufferer who as a child was told it was 'just a dream' and to get back in bed, I am glad your child has someone to understand them. I've come to a peace with my little trips down the Old Hag trail, still have them time to time, but they are getting easier to uh... ignore.

It's so strange how real it feels, I was convinced until about '99 that I was being attacked by aliens... a girlfriend got to see me in an 'attack' and that prompted me to seek a doctor.

I hope everything gets better for you and the family.

It happened again. It seems to be happening when he fales asleep somewhere else then I carry him to his room. Then five minutes latter he is wondering into my room or back down stairs. The funny thing is that he is still altered. Sleep walking sort of. He is kinda aware but he dosnt make anysense. A walking hypnogogia. This is also an altered state I stumbled upon. It lasts a few minutes then I manage to snap him out of it. This time it was a pincher that was holding him down so he could not breath.

Poor kid. He is just like me.

As he gets older I will teach him how to control these states and make of them what he will. I'm going to take him to a neurologists as well. Just to make sure there is nothing else inducing these altered states other than just genetic propensity.

My son will grow to be a dreamer. I'm not sure I wanted that for him, but at the same time I'm glad he will have the self reflecting benefits of learning his own mind and fears. He is a smart very sweat kid full of kindness to others. I think he will do well.

Edited by Seeker79

First off, I am new here so hello. I have been learning about astral projection and found this place. When I saw this thread, I had to register and respond.

I have had this experience as far back as I can remember. It doesn't happen a lot, but it seems like at least once a year or so. I usually sense someone standing at the side of my bed watching me, but I can't move. One particular time, i was trying so hard to jump up and hit them that eventually I did leap up and take a swing at them. Of course, no one was there and I ended up swinging at air and falling off the bed. :lol:

The reason this thread caught my attention is because I believe it has happened to my daughter. She's two years old. She will wake up in the middle of the night absolutely terrified and screaming. When I go in her room, she will still be in a trance like state and it takes awhile to get her to realize that I'm right there with her. I bring her to bed with me and she clings to me for the rest of the night.

This was happening every night for a while. When it was happening every night, she wasn't a talker. Now that she's older (she will be three in a few weeks), she can communicate better, but it's not happening now. I just wish she would have had the ability to tell me what was going on.

First off, I am new here so hello. I have been learning about astral projection and found this place. When I saw this thread, I had to register and respond.

I have had this experience as far back as I can remember. It doesn't happen a lot, but it seems like at least once a year or so. I usually sense someone standing at the side of my bed watching me, but I can't move. One particular time, i was trying so hard to jump up and hit them that eventually I did leap up and take a swing at them. Of course, no one was there and I ended up swinging at air and falling off the bed. :lol:

The reason this thread caught my attention is because I believe it has happened to my daughter. She's two years old. She will wake up in the middle of the night absolutely terrified and screaming. When I go in her room, she will still be in a trance like state and it takes awhile to get her to realize that I'm right there with her. I bring her to bed with me and she clings to me for the rest of the night.

This was happening every night for a while. When it was happening every night, she wasn't a talker. Now that she's older (she will be three in a few weeks), she can communicate better, but it's not happening now. I just wish she would have had the ability to tell me what was going on.

Night terrors are a bit diffrent than sleep paralysis but probably pretty closely related. If it keeps up have a sleep study done and talk to a nurologist. For some kids a simple liquid iron supplement can make a world of difference. Try not to disturb her if she is already asleep. Our problem happens when he falls asleep on the coach and we Carey him to his room. If it is cronic, and the doctors don't have any solutions keep in contact and I will give you the right things to say to her to teach her not to be scared. If it's just night terrors, then it should pass in a few years.

SP signs: she will remember

-- something sitting on her or by her bed

-- can't breath

-- can't move

-- possibly tugging at her legs

Night terrors, she should not remember anything.

• 10 months later...

I've only experienced the old Hag Syndrome once when i was a kid. Started off with classic sleep paralysis couldn't move and i could see this "thing that looked like an old lady on me." It toke All of my Strength to break free from SP and run like Hell downstairs.

Thanks daharma...

I guess he is pretty lucky haveing a dad that is not going to just call it a nightmare and make him go back to bed.

The interesting part about the whole thing is that these images of some monster sitting on top of you, must be some kind of genetic memory or something. Otherwise, why would my six year old who has never herd me discuss it before join the ranks of thousands of years if people. Quite interesting.

Well think about it bro. You have been telling us that you have OBE using SP as a tool. That its self is a type of supernatural experiance. I personaly think its possible that there is more to these SP experiances then medical science would have us believe.

Well think about it bro. You have been telling us that you have OBE using SP as a tool. That its self is a type of supernatural experiance. I personaly think its possible that there is more to these SP experiances then medical science would have us believe.

Yes.... But that dosnt mean that it is what it apears to be. This world and that world are tied together. Different parts of the same iceburg. Nothing is actually sitting on anyone's chest in a physical sense. We are spirits inhabiting an animal body creative and fearful. This experience is a barrier not an attack. No I don't think medical science has a clue.... But we mustn't throw away possible explanations based on biases otherwise we are no better. Beside genetic memorys are not msinstream science either. It's just a possibility. I try to keep one foot in each world glancing over the line for what's most useful at any particular moment. This alowes me to help the demon believer to shed their demons, and the non spiritual to understand what's happening to them within their own context. Some consider my approach contradictory but I don't mind. I am concerned with being effective, and I know peoples beliefs are unlikely to change. I have my own beliefs, but like my angles/spirit guides have taught me by example, I can also be helpful within another's context.

Yea, to me, its a complete mystery. Did I ever tell you my SP story? I have read hundreds of them, and havent found one like it. The more I think about how it went down, the less im convinced that it can be explained "scientificaly". I had a semi typical SP, followed by, while standing on my feet, what some would call AP, or maybe a lucid dream. And I have yet to hear any proffesional say that what I experianced was possible.

• Like 1

Yea, to me, its a complete mystery. Did I ever tell you my SP story? I have read hundreds of them, and havent found one like it. The more I think about how it went down, the less im convinced that it can be explained "scientificaly". I had a semi typical SP, followed by, while standing on my feet, what some would call AP, or maybe a lucid dream. And I have yet to hear any proffesional say that what I experianced was possible.

I'm not sure if you ever have or not, I hear so many these days. I'd love to hear it.

Its the middle of the night. I wake up with this horrible feeling. I look down at the foot of my bed, and there is this black cloud like figure pacing back and forth. I knew instantly that this thing was angry with me. I could sence his great power, and hatred tward me. I became terrified. So I pull the cover over my head (like a ostrage(sp?) sticking his head in the sand) I say to myself, whatever you do, do not move. Thats when I felt a paralyzed sensation. Now at the time I thought I was paralized from just fear. Like many of the SP stories, I cant stress enough how potant the fear was. Next thing I know I feel like it has left my room. Somehow I knew, or felt that it was going to go into my sons room. He was like 5 years old at the time. My parental instincts kick in, and I jump outta bed, and move quickly to my bed room door that was already open. And I can see my sons door from my bed doorway. I saw the black cloud go through my sons closed bedroom door. Again I instantly become paralized in fear. Its like watching your kid get attacked by 10 full grown lions, no matter how hard I try, I just cant move. So out of desperation I start to pray. Im like 3 seconds into my prayer, when right in front of me I see a really big spark come off the floor. That spark turns into a flame. Keeping a perfect circle it begins to expand. Next thing I know I am floating above my house. I watch as the circle of fire, spreads well beyond my property limits. Then BAM Im right back in my bedroom doorway. Everything is calm again. And this peaceful feeling just seemed to engulf everything. So from where Im standing in my doorway, I go into my sons room to check on him, then I go back to bed. Accept I cant lay down, cause the spot I was laying in is drentched in sweat. I had to go and get some towels from the bathroom just so I could lay down again.

Nothing like that has ever happened before, or after.

Its the middle of the night. I wake up with this horrible feeling. I look down at the foot of my bed, and there is this black cloud like figure pacing back and forth. I knew instantly that this thing was angry with me. I could sence his great power, and hatred tward me. I became terrified. So I pull the cover over my head (like a ostrage(sp?) sticking his head in the sand) I say to myself, whatever you do, do not move. Thats when I felt a paralyzed sensation. Now at the time I thought I was paralized from just fear. Like many of the SP stories, I cant stress enough how potant the fear was. Next thing I know I feel like it has left my room. Somehow I knew, or felt that it was going to go into my sons room. He was like 5 years old at the time. My parental instincts kick in, and I jump outta bed, and move quickly to my bed room door that was already open. And I can see my sons door from my bed doorway. I saw the black cloud go through my sons closed bedroom door. Again I instantly become paralized in fear. Its like watching your kid get attacked by 10 full grown lions, no matter how hard I try, I just cant move. So out of desperation I start to pray. Im like 3 seconds into my prayer, when right in front of me I see a really big spark come off the floor. That spark turns into a flame. Keeping a perfect circle it begins to expand. Next thing I know I am floating above my house. I watch as the circle of fire, spreads well beyond my property limits. Then BAM Im right back in my bedroom doorway. Everything is calm again. And this peaceful feeling just seemed to engulf everything. So from where Im standing in my doorway, I go into my sons room to check on him, then I go back to bed. Accept I cant lay down, cause the spot I was laying in is drentched in sweat. I had to go and get some towels from the bathroom just so I could lay down again.

Nothing like that has ever happened before, or after.

Wow!!! You even went to the next stage. You forced an OBE by jumping out of body with focused intent ( protecting your child). Nice. I actually explain to people this is exactly what they should do.

The black cloud is well documented, but please believe me when I say once you understand altered states you can actually control the cloud. The fear and the presence is your own despite how sinister it feels. It is apart of you.

Quit a while ago I jumped out of body and charged into my sons room ready to do battle with whatever ws causing his night terrors only to find a beautiful Angle standing over him. She described what was happening to him so that I could relax.Quite a revelation for me.

• Like 1