Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why do you believe in UFO's and aliens?

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#16    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Everything S2F just said goes for me aswell,... I would just like to add that I have a pretty cool UFO sighting myself. I have no idea what it was or where it came from.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#17    Ravinoff

Ravinoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Why do I believe in extraterrestrial life? Because it's impossible that life only exists on earth. Theoretically, there could be dozens or even hundreds of spacefaring civilizations in our galaxy alone. Extrapolate that to the entire universe and well...the numbers can't be grasped by the human mind.

As for UFOs? I don't know what I believe there. While I think there's significant evidence that we were visited by an advanced species in our early history (that, or human civilization is much older than conventional science states), I don't know if what we're calling UFOs are in fact alien craft. It seems a lot more likely that most, if not all, are misidentified natural phenomenon and aircraft of human design. That doesn't preclude highly classified aircraft, of course. In fact, I tend to think that a lot of the triangular craft reported over the southern US and (oddly enough) Belgium were of American origin.

#18    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is the ability to know when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

the evidence is overwhelming, the Battle of LA, the Belgian UFO wave, and many many other multi-witnessed events, complete with photos.

However, I cannot state whether or not these intelligently controlled crafts are controled by extra-terrestials or by future earthlings going back in time.

There are two governments that I am aware of that will hide NOTHING about UFO sightings in their own country, the Belgian and Iranian governments. And you can bet the farm that if they know a lot about UFO's, many many other governments know, too, and yet HIDE THEIR KNOWLEDGE from their respective citizenry.

the $million question is,,,, WHY?

"If you want to apologize to Jews for WWII, give them some of your land, not some of ours."

~ Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ~

#19    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 09 October 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

the evidence is overwhelming, the Battle of LA, the Belgian UFO wave, and many many other multi-witnessed events, complete with photos.

the $million question is,,,, WHY?

The evidence is overwhelming, which is why it's so easy and fun to demolish the "skeptic" trolls.  

Why is always a good question, as are the questions of who and where.  The latter two questions can be answered is a general way by saying there are many different groups from various civilizations, probably over 100 of them who at least pop in here for a look around.  That's not the thing that they're keeping secret, or if they are it's the worst-kept secret in history.

Anyone who is not a complete moron or a disinformation agent and looks at the whole history of UFOs knows that they're here.  

My answer to the why is that some of the ETs are hostile.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 09 October 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#20    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Even former intelligence officers like Col. Alexander know that UFOs are real and that some of them are absolutely gigantic craft that are not from any civilization we know.  This is just a fact and is not even worth arguing about with the deniers.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 09 October 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#21    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

Psychic Spy

• 1,100 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is the ability to know when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 09 October 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

The evidence is overwhelming, which is why it's so easy and fun to demolish the "skeptic" trolls.  

Why is always a good question, as are the questions of who and where.  The latter two questions can be answered is a general way by saying there are many different groups from various civilizations, probably over 100 of them who at least pop in here for a look around.  That's not the thing that they're keeping secret, or if they are it's the worst-kept secret in history.

Anyone who is not a complete moron or a disinformation agent and looks at the whole history of UFOs knows that they're here.  

My answer to the why is that some of the ETs are hostile.

who pops in here, the disinformation agents...? you don't say!! LOL. I think I know some :--)

but seriously, I never considered the ET's to be generically the same inre, hostility.
We saw the French and British settle into Canada, the British were quite hostile to the Indians, while the French moved in with them and even fought the British with them on their side.

So,,, why should ET's from many many civizations be all alike, inre, hostility? they can't be, or can't be *expected* to be, IMO.

I am sure you are aware of the Dyatlov Pass incident. Freeking BRUTAL.

That would make a great thread in here again.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps, 10 October 2012 - 12:36 AM.

"If you want to apologize to Jews for WWII, give them some of your land, not some of ours."

~ Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ~

#22    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 10 October 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

who pops in here, the disinformation agents...? you don't say!! LOL. I think I know some :--)

I am sure you are aware of the Dyatlov Pass incident. Freeking BRUTAL.

That would make a great thread in here again.

It's like that story Dorothy Kilgallen was told back in the 1950s by a very high level source in the British government, that one of the saucers that crashed was carrying human body parts in cold storage.  

Very hard to prove such stories, but she dug around more about UFOs than most other journalists.

#23    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

Psychic Spy

• 1,100 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

I remember Dorothy, mostly from her being a panelist on "What's My Line?". Intersting info.
Yet we also know of the seemingly non-hostile abductions of Betty and Barney Hill - so you see, that bears out my point. they are all different.

I also remember the 1950's. Shoot, MacGuff, you're making me feel *old* LOL

I listend to the vid, very interesting

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps, 10 October 2012 - 01:24 AM.

~ Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ~

#24    John Rayne

John Rayne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Joseph Campbell - “Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved”

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostBionic Bigfoot, on 09 October 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

I'm completely convinced that UFO's are real, that they've been here for eons and they are not going away anytime soon.

Not to knock you or your post cause I think it's a great subject and everyone brings something a little different to the table...

But UFO?s are not something you can just believe in or not. It is simply an object that is flying that is unidentified.

These kind of misuses of wording fuels the skeptics.  When many people hear ufo they automatically think "alien"  just another example of how we (humans) contaminate things.  (I love life and humans btw)  But what I am getting at is try the old 20 or so person line and tell person 1 something and see what you get from person 20.  As humans, it is only in our nature to make mistakes so how many do you think we have made over the years.  (Strictly record keeping)  or how many are lost or destroyed to "protect us"  not just with aliens, but in relegion, and all aspects of history.

#25    manz

manz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

I have started beleiving in UFOS after watching loads of documentaries ,
Damn i have been trying to watch the skies at night but to my luck i cant see any :(

MY question is
1> If UFOS are ET controlled , are there more than one type of aliens?(as ufos are of different shapes and sizes )
2>If they have been here from long back and helping us, why didnt they simply technologically advance us during ancient time?

#26    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 10 October 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

I remember Dorothy, mostly from her being a panelist on "What's My Line?". Intersting info.
Yet we also know of the seemingly non-hostile abductions of Betty and Barney Hill - so you see, that bears out my point. they are all different.

I also remember the 1950's. Shoot, MacGuff, you're making me feel *old* LOL

I listend to the vid, very interesting

This is a summary she wrote about the crashed saucer in 1955, and we now know that her source was Lord Louis Mountbatten, who was about as well-connected as it's possible for anyone to be.  It does not say exactly when or where the crash was, but that information is always hard to come by.  

Posted Image

#27    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

View Postbee, on 09 October 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

I have had a vague interest in UFO / ET for a long time....but nothing major....just one of the interests I had...

WOW Bee!

You call your bashing a "vague" interest?

Crikey Bee, I want to take you out to dinner more than I ever did now. When are you free for that dinner over a nice grange?

Just a nice quiet vague night......... ;)

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#28    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

I do not think that the Kilgallen story refers to the alleged Caldbeck UFO crash in 1954 or the the supposed Spitzbergen crash in 1946, both of which were most probably hoaxes.  Mountbatten told Kilgallen that the crash had occurred somewhere in the Southwestern US in the late-1940s, where they found the remains of the little humanoids and (perhaps) the human body parts they collected.

http://www.abovetops...hread439030/pg2

#29    bee

bee

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,113 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 10 October 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

WOW Bee!

You call your bashing a "vague" interest?

Crikey Bee, I want to take you out to dinner more than I ever did now. When are you free for that dinner over a nice grange?

Just a nice quiet vague night......... ;)

lol.... ;)....probably best that we live on opposite sides of the planet or you never know what might happen.... :P

You might have noticed my interest in the subject isn't vague any more...and hasn't been for a few years...as I said in my (full) post.

Basically, I love a good mystery and the whole UFO / ET subject is a cracking good mystery and I seek to make sense of it all.

:tu:

#30    The_Spirit_of_Truth

The_Spirit_of_Truth

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

Generally, people believe in "UFO's and aliens" either because they have seen anything like that, they were told it by a person who they trust and/or by someone who made some trustworthy impression, they have seen (")proofs(") of it (video, photo) or they have read about it in a resource that they trust and similarly.

I believe that the majority of "UFO's and aliens" reports are not true. For examle, long ago I have heard that on some place in the same time some people saw UFO whereas others saw helicopters. I believe that some people can purposely lie and they are coming out with some made-up UFO stories in a similar way like people who almost died were coming out with some fabricated stories of what they saw during near-death experiences in order to make others believe in it.

It seems to me that "those who rule the world" are not against normal people's belief in UFO, perhaps they even support it. I have met some facts that speak in favor of this information, which does not exclude even deliberate cheats in order to make normal people believe in it more than they normally would.

Personally, when I hear about some UFO-related experiences, my attitude is that that such messages are most probably wrong and only much less probably right.

Unusual spiritual writings
http://www.pavelkastl.cz/ebooks.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users