Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can you try a religion for a month?

Still Waters

People usually think of religion in terms of a lifetime of commitment, but could you learn anything from trying one out for a month?

The call to prayer sounds from Eyup Mosque in Istanbul and local Muslims gather on the marble square outside for prayer. Men on one side, women the other, they crowd on mats for the Friday ritual.

Among them this week though are a few faces looking less than confident about what comes next.

Barbra Taylor, from Hawaii, and Terry Goldsmith, from Bury, Greater Manchester, are two of them. They're not Muslim, but guests for nine days.

This is part of "Muslim for a Month" - a programme from social enterprise group The Blood Foundation where participants get to "test-drive" a religion.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karlis

• Orcseeker

• Still Waters

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally? -- I guess I could "learn anything from trying one out for a month". ...

For example, like going to a health resort for a month, maybe. I'd probably learn a few things about things which I knew nothing previously; but as a spiritual experience? Hhmmm ...

Carnally,

Karlis

It's like they are selling religion. You can't just simply start believing in something and if you do, then I'm quite worried for you.