Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Some I haven't heard before.

Jeenuh

Thump, Thump, Drag...

A teenage baby-sitter put the kids she was watching to sleep in their beds and went back downstairs. The late night news was on the TV -- the reporter said a psychopath from a local mental institution was on the loose and that police thought he might be in the area. He cautioned residents to lock their doors and windows because this guy was very, very dangerous. Well, the teenager checked the locks on the windows and the doors, but she forgot the door on the cellar bulkhead. Needless to say, the psychopath broke in about an hour later, coming up from the cellar, armed with an ax. The children heard some noises downstairs, but thought it was the baby-sitter moving some furniture around. Then it got real quiet. All they heard for the remainder of the night was this noise: "Thump! Thump! Dra-aag... Thump! Thump! Dra-aag..." Evidently, they were too afraid to get up to see what it was. In the morning, their parents came home and were horrified to find the babysitter at the top of the stairs, dead with both arms hacked off at the elbows. She'd been climbing the stairs on the bloody stumps of her arms, pulling her badly injured body along. Was she trying to check on the children? Was she trying to get help? Or in the madness of her tortured soul, was she planning to kill the children herself? No one knows for sure.

Old Almonds

An employee at a nursing home was regularly offered large jars of roasted almonds by one of her very elderly male charges. She appreciated the gifts (she loved almonds), but decided one day to put her foot down - it really wasn't appropriate for a patient to keep giving her gifts. When she approached him about it, he said, "Oh those almonds - they cost me nothing. My family brings me chocolate-coated almonds every time they visit, but I can't chew them, so I just suck the chocolate off them."

Both from warphead.com

I'd rather not make a ton of threads when urban legends are usually debunked so easily, these ones I'd never heard before though. Anyway, Even if they debunked opinions are nice to read. :]

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moose-Of-Armageddon

• matthewgoad

• Jeenuh

• PuffyAmiYumi

Errrrr....Here you go Jeenuh!

*Gives Jeenuh a jar of almonds*

You want some almonds too, Ruby?

*Chomp*

Errrrr....Here you go Jeenuh!

*Gives Jeenuh a jar of almonds*

798856[/snapback]

I shall make you some cookies; or almond butter.

Why thank you yes.gif

C'mon, those almonds ain't gonna eat themselves!

*Chomp*

Yes, strangely enough, these come from a local nursing home.....Want some?

*Chomp*

Edited by Moose-Of-Armageddon

Before you vom, have some almonds!

Yes, why not? I get these things free from a nursing home!

*Chomp*

the first one doesn't sound believable. Where was the screaming when her arms got cut off. And all the kids heard was thump, thump, draaggg - no cries for help?

I don't buy it

I'm glad that I don't like almonds.

• 2 weeks later...

The almond one is definitely true. It has to have happened. laugh.gif

And the one with the babysitter, simply unbelievable by one thing; A person would never been able to have their arms chopped at the elbow, then be able to use the elbows to drag themselves. They'd be more likely to pass out from the pain.