Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crows have human-like powers

Big Bad Voodoo

You should go to Youtube and enter "rooks" and "tools".

Rooks are European crows, and they can do exactly the same as these New Caledonian crows.

I saw a video of a crow looking bird actually using bread to fish...it would take the bread given from humans, chum the water and then grab small fish. Was pretty amazing.

Here it is:

[media=]

[/media] Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

The crows in our neighborhood have an entire network setup. In the morning, I hear one somewhere overhead doing 3 loud "Caw"s then further off down the block, I can can hear another crow return with 3 also. I'll see often in the trees a group of about 5-6 crows watching the entire neighborhood and they get especially worked up if a cat is around.

Crows can figure out Archimedes principle.

oops, forgot to add "Eureka!", or whatever the crow equivalent is.

Edited by redhen

I like crows as well, they're very smart birds. I've always wondered why some people don't like them?

I have mixed feelings: while I admire their intelligence & craftiness, I do not like their success in stealing eggs, preying on chicks and ducklings, and most of all, their cawing silences all the other birds!

I like crows as well, they're very smart birds. I've always wondered why some people don't like them?

Maybe because they are considered scavengers and are associated with death.

crows actually considered among the most advanced birds in intellgence or social life .. even memories

they never forget .. if you harm them and they saw you some where else they hold crudge and they reconize your face among all people'

also they team up always , bury their dead , and keep up with world

i saw a show one time of crow picking up a nut and throwing it on street .. so if the impact doesnt crack it open .. the car runing over it does :D

personally i think they're the smartest birds

.. plus they " may " learn to talk .. i mean like parrots

• Like 2

Crows can figure out Archimedes principle.

oops, forgot to add "Eureka!", or whatever the crow equivalent is.

What's funny is there's people out there who would probably end up thirsty for a while, if they took part in the same expirement. It took the crow about 1-2 seconds to figure it out.

Crows are very intelligent birds. I've witnessed that in the ones we have here.

I read once how in Japan they have had myth about shapechangers Crows or Crow people. Maybe thats based on their obeservation of same phenomenan.

Long time ago found a crow on the side of the road that was hurt and sick. Cared for it made sure it got better let it loose and it stayed in the area even chilled in the house. If for some strange reason you do find a crow and let it in to your house hide your tv remote, sooner or later it will learn how to change channels with it. What amazes me about crows is not only are they intelligent when they are not threatened they have a tremendous amount of curiosity built in to them .

The crow is one of my favorite birds, so it uses tools huh? wont be long till it figures out the internet!