Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Interesting mineral formation on Mars

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#46    Thought

Thought

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

Why is this photo so out of focus?

#47    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 09 February 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

only half a cm? that makes it less cool now :/

Small aliens perhaps? :innocent:

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#48    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

A piece of  a vein of ore protruding from the surface of a rock. Of course if you want to look at it differently,you could say that it was the handle of a door that was to open the inner workings of the underworld. LOL The protuberance of a vein of an ore that,with the passing of time,has not eroded & has a shiny un-eroded effect,being that the atmosphere has not eroded it's surface provides clues to the inner workings of a still active inner core of molten excretions of a yet still heated inner core of a planet that still could be active.This activity could have happened many many years ago!The fact that the metal has not been eroded shows signs of a recent expulsion of a molten excretion.This planet is still active.It does not show signs of inactivity & death,as other analysis have tried to prove.Mars is still an active planet..Just because the upper surface & atmospheric  conditions prove otherwise,it still has the inner workings of an active inner core,regardless of the fact that it's atmosphere appears to be one of a planet with the dynamics of an Earth like planet.

Edited by GirlfromOz, 09 February 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#49    sleepeater327

sleepeater327

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

it looks like a hammerhead gecko with it's mouth open :D

#50    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Looks like a much eroded fulgurite, the glassy fused remains of a lightning strike. Now doesn't that conjure fanciful ideas of a past atmosphere and ... rain.

#51    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

A lightening strike seems much more explanatory to me in regards to the metallic structure that we see in the picture.The ionospheric conditions that would induce the magnetospheric requirements of the Earth's magnetic field would explain the structure of the metallic protuberance.EG,Lightening strikes cause many of the unexplained occurrances in the Earth's physical structure.The magnetic field that the Earth creates in a time of a violent electro magnetic surge such as lightening surprizes many of us.None of us know the magnetic  upheaval caused by the electric impulses of the Earth.Sand can be turned to glass etc!

Edited by GirlfromOz, 09 February 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#52    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,999 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostThought, on 09 February 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Why is this photo so out of focus?
It's not.

It's a blowup of a small area of a much larger photograph.  This is what happens when you expand a photo beyond its native resolution.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#53    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Is the shiny object a metallic mineral? The great majority of these on Earth are oxides and sulfides of iron---magnetite, hematite, and pyrites (fool's gold). This isn't a bad bet for Mars, too. We know the planet has substantial iron. It's famous red color is caused by the oxidation of iron.
I looked through literally hundreds of picturess of each of the above named minerals, on Google image. I found none that looked like the object photographed on Mars, nor that suggested that any of them would be expected to assume the weird, branching shape, suggested by the photographs made by Curiosity.

Edited by bison, 09 February 2013 - 11:20 PM.

#54    Twin

Twin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

• The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
    Winston Churchill

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

If NASA takes a close look at this object they will just grind (or laser) it to dust and then say "What tiny intelligently made object?"
As they did with:  http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/opportunity_m034.html

#55    ufonuts

ufonuts

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• What if Everything We Know is Wrong?

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

I know Alien artifacts are on Mars, and i mean Super Intelligent Aliens, not Dumb **** ones!

Just Accept it, God is an Alien!  Visit my Very Own Web-Site: http://www.GodIsanAlien.info

#56    Ad hoc

Ad hoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

View PostTwin, on 10 February 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

If NASA takes a close look at this object they will just grind (or laser) it to dust and then say "What tiny intelligently made object?"
As they did with:  http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/opportunity_m034.html
What's that link about? I don't see any potential intelligently made object in that micro rock image.
I take it you're saying the subject of this thread is an intelligently made object, then. Well, as we all know- there's no end of uses for a 5mm wobbly blob.

#57    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Ok... so now.... any thoughts or possible exploration ideas from NASA on this one ?.
And the flower, which was the "size of a grain of sand" ... anything else on that one?
What about the "rock" that looks like a plank of wood - weathered and all, discovered by Opportunity?
Appears that anything looking like a weird item.... when looked at by "a random person from the internet" ie. me and you appears not what the yet to be commissioned
Curiosity is going to investigate.
Looking at clay, boring holes in rocks, thats what its there for. But when something really odd turns up... just bypass it and forget it?
Nope I dont think so...... everything NASA tells us is GOSPELL... just ask Waspie. Heaven forbid that we even attempt to question it.

#58    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

View Postthe L, on 09 February 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

I think just on pyramids. Some of them are 10 times bigger then Khufu.
There are pyramids in Egypt which looks like a hill because time and environment.

So a pyramid is a pyramid,... and a hill is also a pyramid??

There sure are lots of pyramids.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#59    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

There seems to be a background paranoia here that anything NASA finds they are going to hide.  Seems to me if they found an artifact they would pop the champaign and party for a week.  All their careers would be made.

#60    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Indeed we will only see what we want to See ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users