Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Your crotch can kill

texting ads driving

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

An edgy new campaign aimed at distracted drivers is being rolled out across Alberta called "Crotches Kill."
The idea is to remind drivers to keep their eyes on the road and not on the phones in their lap.
"Because every text you send from your lap takes your eyes off the road for five seconds — enough to do a lifetime of damage," the ad states.
http://www.cbc.ca/ne...tches-kill.html

Well, it got my attention!!

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#2    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

Wish my eyesight was good enough to see my "crotch". I gotta hold the phone at eye-level, so I'm safe then. :no:

And I admit, your thread topic did intrigue me. So good campaign catch-phrase!

Edited by QuiteContrary, 22 February 2013 - 01:21 AM.

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Hey,Daryl Hannah had that down pat in Blade Runner,decades before this. Lol

Miss me?

#4    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

I had to check on this thread. Is it gonna go places because that title.. :nw:

#5    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 22 February 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...tches-kill.html

Well, it got my attention!!
I saw a video taken from a police cruiser where someone was texting or doing something and lost control of his vehicle. He was on a four lane divided highway. He hit the truck to his right, lost control, then went across the divider and was hit by an oncoming semi. I'll never forget that. It looked like his vehicle just exploded, like someone had thrown a super-powered grenade in it. It was horrible...one minute he was alive and healthy, and just one minute of inattention and, that's all. NEVER take your eyes off the road.
eta: WARNING this is not for the squeamish:

Edited by Gummug, 22 February 2013 - 01:56 AM.

Posted Image

#6    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostGummug, on 22 February 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

I saw a video taken from a police cruiser where someone was texting or doing something and lost control of his vehicle. He was on a four lane divided highway. He hit the truck to his right, lost control, then went across the divider and was hit by an oncoming semi. I'll never forget that. It looked like his vehicle just exploded, like someone had thrown a super-powered grenade in it. It was horrible...one minute he was alive and healthy, and just one minute of inattention and, that's all. NEVER take your eyes off the road.

Yup, it is so scary what people will do while driving.  We all make mistakes, and do things that we later wonder WTH we were thinking, but, there are so many instances of people dying or getting hurt from things like this.  Maybe the little bit of humour in the title will get people's attention and then help them realise it is a serious issue.

#7    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 22 February 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

Yup, it is so scary what people will do while driving.  We all make mistakes, and do things that we later wonder WTH we were thinking, but, there are so many instances of people dying or getting hurt from things like this.  Maybe the little bit of humour in the title will get people's attention and then help them realise it is a serious issue.
I agree completely. I know I did some really stupid stuff driving that I'll never do again...maybe watching that video will cause some people to decide not to text and hopefully that can save some lives. I sure hope so.

Posted Image

#8    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Theres a move in my State to make texting (and other distracted driver clauses) equal to a DUII.

#9    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

That's what she said?

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#10    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

I hope she denies in court.

#11    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostGummug, on 22 February 2013 - 02:01 AM, said:

I agree completely. I know I did some really stupid stuff driving that I'll never do again...maybe watching that video will cause some people to decide not to text and hopefully that can save some lives. I sure hope so.
I hope so, too.  It made me tear up to see a life snuffed like that.

#12    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 22 February 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

It did me too. To think one minute your whole life is ahead of you, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, family reunions...and then...no more...very heartwrenching
eta: It's kinda scary to me to think about it, but as a friend of mine is fond of saying, we're all just one heartbeat away from eternity.
2nd eta: brb, gonna fix me some supper (now please quit yawning!)

Edited by Gummug, 22 February 2013 - 02:36 AM.

Posted Image

#13    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

View PostGummug, on 22 February 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

It did me too. To think one minute your whole life is ahead of you, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, family reunions...and then...no more...very heartwrenching
eta: It's kinda scary to me to think about it, but as a friend of mine is fond of saying, we're all just one heartbeat away from eternity.
I am going to show my daughter that video.  The more that kids understand before they start driving, maybe the safer drivers they will be when they get older.

#14    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

said the same thing when my ex found a texter in the bushes by her steps and he took her life. Luckily he got caught.

#15    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

oh wait. what the heck am I saying. My crotch cant kill. Its  just a pistol that gets whipped from time to time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users