Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Vampire

EtuMalku

The Vampire  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that there are people that have vampiric abilities? This can range from whether you believe in the folk-lore / Myths of the vampire right up to the modern day understanding of psychic vampirism.

• Vampires do and have existed
    • Vampires have never existed

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EtuMalku

• puridalan

• eqgumby

• SkepticalScarecrow

They would eventually turn us ALL into vampires and starve to death.....it aint rocket science....

Double 1. Double it again. And again. And again.....get the idea?

Hey you erased my vote...I voted No!

Edited by The Mule

Double 1. Double it again. And again. And again.....get the idea?

Hey you erased my vote...I voted No!

They don't make you into vampires, so that theory is null & void.

I'm not a Mod so how could I change your vote . . . Muwhahahahaha!!!

They don't make you into vampires, so that theory is null & void.

I'm not a Mod so how could I change your vote . . . Muwhahahahaha!!!

Of course they dont...they dont exist. And evidently, neither does my vote. Thats it Im moving to Florida!

Of course they dont...they dont exist. And evidently, neither does my vote. Thats it Im moving to Florida!

So far you are in the minority, they do exist. You can't hide in Florida . . . Muwhahahahahaha

If simply voting makes it true, how about making a poll "Are you a Mulit-Millioniarre?"

If simply voting makes it true, how about making a poll "Are you a Mulit-Millioniarre?"
And once again, how would that work?

141 views but only 7 votes? How lame LOL

Edited by EtuMalku

Well that is funny you are moving to FL, right where some vamps are ^^ how enticing that is geshh I think that made my day ha-ha

O, and the whole bite a vampire and pass the controller along to the nerd to the left...sorry no bonus points included :P! Or guts, or death, or any of that video game....'stuff'.

They would eventually turn us ALL into vampires and starve to death.....it aint rocket science....

i think vampires would be a little smarter then that.

Voted that they do and have exsisted. :)

They've even got their own political party... "The Vampires, Witches, and Pagans Party"

nah i dont believe in them

so my votes an obvious no

In a way, they did exist/do exist, but they're not bloodsuckers and they don't turn you into a vampire if they bite you. I think there's a condition where you have a compulsion to drink human blood, or eat human body parts. One with this woman who needed to drink pureed human liver was featured on the show CSI, and they're usually not bad with accuracy...

But the traditional, "I vant to drink yur blud!!!" Vampire? no ):

Especially not vamps that sparkle.

The vampires we see today originated as taboo in Christian mythology. They were an example of the devil, an example of what you didn't want to become. They embodied wrongness and impurity.

They don't exist. x)

The vampires we see today originated as taboo in Christian mythology. They were an example of the devil, an example of what you didn't want to become. They embodied wrongness and impurity.

They don't exist. x)

You of course mean the Hollywood vampire originated out of the Abrahamic religions, since the true origin of the vampires lie in ancient Egypt (Kemet)

You of course mean the Hollywood vampire originated out of the Abrahamic religions, since the true origin of the vampires lie in ancient Egypt (Kemet)

The modern perception (dirty, unholy, devilish, blood-thirsty, etc) of vampires, yes, came from Abrahamic religions.

The modern perception (dirty, unholy, devilish, blood-thirsty, etc) of vampires, yes, came from Abrahamic religions.

What would say the purpose behind creating this blood thirsty predator was for the Church?

OK to be honest, im not entirely sure myself.

What adds to the theory of them not existing is the teenagers who sit around with their dyed black hair and leather trenchcoats anouncing that they are "vampires" because they drink their own blood or because they are obsessed with blood and cut themselves to watch the blood. Thats the point where this whole vampire thing gets bloody rediculous. (excuse the pun)

But I do agree with Katya with the vote of their is a condition with which humans insist on needing to drink human blood. Now this could be seens as "yes! Thats a Vampire!" .... or "Yes! Thats a rather mentally ill person!" Personally I do believe that we as humans do have a certain "bloodlust" reminiscent from the days where we ran amok with spears and and talked in a series of grunts and hand signals...(coincidently much like teenagers).

Thats my thoughts on the matter... feel free to tell me I'm crazy =]

I believe vampires existed, which are humans with an abnormal "allergic" reaction to the sun, and must live a nocturnal life.

I believe vampires existed, which are humans with an abnormal "allergic" reaction to the sun, and must live a nocturnal life.

Not all vamps are nocturnal nor allergic to the sun, see that's the point you can't just fit all of into one checklist, hence why doctors also have a huge issue with it. They love checklists!

Not all vamps are nocturnal nor allergic to the sun, see that's the point you can't just fit all of into one checklist, hence why doctors also have a huge issue with it. They love checklists!

i think there is a good chance that vampires exist, no for sures or anything, but in a lot of ways personally, i think it makes sense