Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Delay of Harvard report on Jesus 'wife' papyr

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,892 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

A long-awaited article on a Coptic papyrus fragment believed to reference the wife of Jesus has been left out of the Harvard Theological Review, furthering doubts about the artifact’s authenticity.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...s#ixzz2HdcmSOUq

#2    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

It was very uncommon for jews not to have wives back then, so I'll assume he had one. Lest he be looked down on by his fellow jews.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#3    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,892 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 11 January 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

It was very uncommon for jews not to have wives back then, so I'll assume he had one. Lest he be looked down on by his fellow jews.

Not necessarily, there were other Jewish sects that did not believe in marriage like the Essenes, John the bapist was not said to be married. Well any how some of these finds were not known to be dug up and are not geuine,just out there on the market, forgeries do emerge in the industry.

#4    PhoenixBird88

PhoenixBird88

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

• "For every action, there is an equal and opposite re-action."

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 11 January 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

Looked down on by fellow Jews...the ones the crucified him?

Edit: technically Romans, but you get the humor ;)

Edited by PhoenixBird88, 11 January 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#5    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

If some sects did not believe in marriage how did they manage to continue with no offspring? Or were all the children out of wedlock ? Does not make sense unless all the Essenes etc were just  men in a men only group.

Edited by minera, 11 January 2013 - 05:51 PM.

#6    nothinglizx2

nothinglizx2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

To accomplish his Fathers work, it was necessary for him not to.  But the answer to this riddle is actually in Genesis.  You just have to understand what your looking at.  

1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
1:28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
2:1  Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2:2  And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
2:3  And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

----In Jesus God finished his work on the seventh day, and Jesus was sanctified.  For Jesus was LORD of the Sabbath day.  ------
2:20  And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

2:21  And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

2:22  And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

2:23  And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
---- so from all this we can tell that a period of time had gone by otherwise they would have been created at the same time. -----
2:24  Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
2:25  And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

The wife is equal in the image of God being made fruitful in wisdom and virtue.  Yet still she is to serve her husband.----

3:16  Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

----but if you are wondering what is taking her so long?---
3:13  And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

3:14  And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

3:15  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

3:16  Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

---- If you are not well versed with scriptural symbolism and etymologies you may not understand what is truly being said here.  Id fill you in, but I wont use to much space here.  For better understanding, message me.

#7    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Jesus said that some are to be married & some are not to be.I can not remember the exact chapter or verses. I am not a Bible scholar so,someone, PLEASE help me lol .Meaning that not everyone has to conform to the strict confines of society's expectations of having to be married by a certain age etc. Many men did not marry,by choice.Many also went on to achieve other notorious achievements as celibates etc for reasons of duty or private reasons.Marriage was not the be all & end all then, like today,like so many other single persons that want a life different to the so-called norm..So,it was not unusual for men to stay single then like today.So,my argument is,why is it so hard for everyone to accept that Jesus,the son of God did not,or should I even bother,have a wife. He did not! His life was one of duty towards the human race.He fulfilled his purpose in his short 33 years. Here is the old Christian prayer..' I believe in God, the Father almighty,maker of Heaven & Earth,& in Jesus Christ,his only son,our Lord,who was conceived by the Holy ghost,born of the virgin Mary,suffered under Pontias Pilate,was crucified dead & buried.On the third day he rose from the dead & ascended into heaven & sitteth on the right hand of God! God bless you all XOXOXO

Edited by GirlfromOz, 12 January 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#8    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

The Vatican also claims all kinds of things, and is hardly the most reliable source on earth, given its cover up of pedophile clergy.  I can see why they get their skirts in an uproar over any hint the Jesus might have been married, though.

It would mean that Martin Luther was right and they were wrong.  LOL

#9    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• I just keep getting stronger..

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Who cares if Jesus was or wasn't married anyway?
Some of the disciples were married and nobody bats an eye, so what's the big deal?

#10    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

religion is all B.S and peoples stories that anybody could haved add themselves its not the word of god but the word of man

#11    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,570 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Well, however the case ends-up, I'm glad that there are responsible scientists who are first trying to determine if this is a "fake" or not before publishing an "official" opinion.

Edited by pallidin, 12 January 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#12    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

It is also possible that he was gay, or that he was simply asexual. Why do people continue to worry about the details of life of semi-fictional characters? It does not matter one iota one way or the other.

#13    Ogbin

Ogbin

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

• "God Bless Israel"

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Jesus was GOD in the flesh! why would he need a wife? LOL

#14    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostOgbin, on 15 January 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Jesus was GOD in the flesh! why would he need a wife? LOL

Why not? Plenty of gods have wives. Zeus has Hera, Jupiter has Juno, and so on.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#15    kapow53

kapow53

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 115 posts

• Kapow

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

Married with children

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users