Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japan hangs cult leader

Ashotep

(AP) TOKYO - Japan executed two people Thursday, including a 65-year old female cult leader convicted of six murders that took place during supposed exorcisms.

Japan hangs cult leader convicted in exorcism deaths

So many nuts in the world.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 1

Anyone ever seen those mass television exorcisms? I watch channel surfing years ago when I stumbled across one. The current woman I saw being exorcised fell to the ground in some kind of (mock) seizure and the preacher yelled, "You have no legal right to be in her!".

There was a big emphasis on the legal in his shouting.

• Like 4

That sounds odd, why would the preacher refer to it being legal? I'm sure a demon doesn't care about law.

Wow, just reading the comments left in that article, I wonder if this is true:

"barbados1000 says: The beauty of executions in Japan is that they never tell the condemned when the execution will take place. The condemned is on high alert every time there is a noise or voice. This could go on for years. They say the actual execution is welcomed after months, or years of stress. A fitting policy that should be adopted in the states for killers and rapists."

Capital punishment is abhorrent. I'm actually suprised at Japan.

"barbados1000 says: The beauty of executions in Japan is that they never tell the condemned when the execution will take place. The condemned is on high alert every time there is a noise or voice. This could go on for years. They say the actual execution is welcomed after months, or years of stress. A fitting policy that should be adopted in the states for killers and rapists."

Murder is pretty abhorrent as well.
  • Like 2

Anyone ever seen those mass television exorcisms? I watch channel surfing years ago when I stumbled across one. The current woman I saw being exorcised fell to the ground in some kind of (mock) seizure and the preacher yelled, "You have no legal right to be in her!".

There was a big emphasis on the legal in his shouting.

Nasty demons no respect for the law, they should have the book thrown at them :rofl::devil:

• Like 1

That sounds odd, why would the preacher refer to it being legal? I'm sure a demon doesn't care about law.

Are you kidding? With all the lawyers that surely must be 'down there'?...

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not one to believe we should stoop to that level.

Then again, I might be ok with having a "stay" placed on the execution and, um, you know "forgetting" to tell the murderer, EVER.

Edited by libstaK

Yeah, I'm not one to believe we should stoop to that level.

Then again, I might be ok with having a "stay" placed on the execution and, um, you know "forgetting" to tell the murderer, EVER.

In a civilised society laws are there to protect the innocent and the guilty alike.

If you stoop to the level of your enemy, you simply become the enemy.

• Like 1

Well good for you.

What do you expect? Some long drawn out thing about how 'each person is a special flower and the taking of a human life is horrible, no matter who does it or how it's done'?

What would you rather be done with the murderers? Should we keep them in prison for their entire lives? Give them a sentence and then let them out when it's all done? Please, removing a person who's killed another from society is great in my view, whether it's done by execution or by a prison sentence, but who would rationally kill someone unless in self-defense? Should we spend time trying to rehabilitate them and hope that they don't kill another just so a psychologist can get his pat on the back for helping another get 'reintroduced into society'? People who think capital punishment is wrong aren't wrong though, it should be done in a humane fashion, I do agree, but I'm no bleeding heart for someone who, no matter the reason other then self-defense (I especially hate the 'heat of the moment' defense for some people, who's to know when they'll feel the heat again), they've commuted the ultimate wrong, removing another, thinking breathing person from life. They don't deserve pity.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 3

What do you expect? Some long drawn out thing about how 'each person is a special flower and the taking of a human life is horrible, no matter who does it or how it's done'?

What would you rather be done with the murderers? Should we keep them in prison for their entire lives? Give them a sentence and then let them out when it's all done? Please, removing a person who's killed another from society is great in my view, whether it's done by execution or by a prison sentence, but who would rationally kill someone unless in self-defense? Should we spend time trying to rehabilitate them and hope that they don't kill another just so a psychologist can get his pat on the back for helping another get 'reintroduced into society'? People who think capital punishment is wrong aren't wrong though, it should be done in a humane fashion, I do agree, but I'm no bleeding heart for someone who, no matter the reason other then self-defense (I especially hate the 'heat of the moment' defense for some people, who's to know when they'll feel the heat again), they've commuted the ultimate wrong, removing another, thinking breathing person from life. They don't deserve pity.

No, but apparently you were expecting something similar from me. Sorry I didn't oblige :)

If you want to start a thread abut the issue of capital punishment then do so. ;)

Edited by Atlantia

No, apparently you were expecting something similar from me. Sorry I didn't oblige :)

If you want to start a thread abut the issus of capital punishment then do so. ;)

True... Sorry for making a d-bag of myself, and that's not a half bad idea, we can hash this out all civil like.

True... Sorry for making a d-bag of myself, and that's not a half bad idea, we can hash this out all civil like.

LOL, you didn't it's fine.

I['ll be there if you start a thread sometime about it.

:)

Of course it is.

Well done for stating the bleeding obvious.

Kind of a mean spirited jerk, aren't you?
  • Like 1

I find murder abhorrent and I'm not against execution of a murderer.

I am opposed to any branch of government having the power of life and death. Too many people on death row have been vindicated after years of prison or after the execution.
  • Like 1

In a civilised society laws are there to protect the innocent and the guilty alike.

And who is stooping to the level of murdering members of society?

Really? You have a think about that.

If you can't tell the difference between capital punishment and murder, perhaps you better leave your rose colored glasses on.
  • Like 1

If you can't tell the difference between capital punishment and murder, perhaps you better leave your rose colored glasses on.

LOL, and by that token perhaps you should fully embrace 'an eye for an eye' punishments and start chopping bit's off of thieves and rapists.

Edited by Atlantia

Not necessarily, it's pretty grey area though.

LOL, and by that token perhaps you should fully embrace 'an eye for an eye' punishments and start chopping bit's off of thieves and rapists.

Murderers, rapists, and child molesters, I'm not against the death penalty for them. Hell, at least cripple them, then prevent them from taking their own life and let them rot in solitary. I think if these sexual predators had no ability to feel anything or even move anything from the waste down, they sure wouldn't be commiting any repeat acts against new victims.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Not necessarily, it's pretty grey area though.

Murderers, rapists, and child molesters, I'm not against the death penalty for them. Hell, at least cripple them, then prevent them from taking their own life and let them rot in solitary.

Doesn't seem to be a grey area for you.

Would it be total faith in the infalability of your government and judicial system that gives you this 'view'?