Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Japan hangs cult leader

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

(AP) TOKYO - Japan executed two people Thursday, including a 65-year old female cult leader convicted of six murders that took place during supposed exorcisms.

Japan hangs cult leader convicted in exorcism deaths

So many nuts in the world.

Edited by Hilander, 28 September 2012 - 12:14 AM.

#2    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,871 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

Anyone ever seen those mass television exorcisms?  I watch channel surfing years ago when I stumbled across one.  The current woman I saw being exorcised fell to the ground in some kind of (mock) seizure and the preacher yelled, "You have no legal right to be in her!".

There was a big emphasis on the legal in his shouting.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:57 AM

That sounds odd, why would the preacher refer to it being legal?  I'm sure a demon doesn't care about law.

#4    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

Wow, just reading the comments left in that article, I wonder if this is true:
"barbados1000 says: The beauty of executions in Japan is that they never tell the condemned when the execution will take place. The condemned is on high alert every time there is a noise or voice. This could go on for years. They say the actual execution is welcomed after months, or years of stress. A fitting policy that should be adopted in the states for killers and rapists."
Capital punishment is abhorrent. I'm actually suprised at Japan.

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,775 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

View PostAtlantia, on 28 September 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

"barbados1000 says: The beauty of executions in Japan is that they never tell the condemned when the execution will take place. The condemned is on high alert every time there is a noise or voice. This could go on for years. They say the actual execution is welcomed after months, or years of stress. A fitting policy that should be adopted in the states for killers and rapists."
Murder is pretty abhorrent as well.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#6    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,803 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostWickian, on 28 September 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

Anyone ever seen those mass television exorcisms?  I watch channel surfing years ago when I stumbled across one.  The current woman I saw being exorcised fell to the ground in some kind of (mock) seizure and the preacher yelled, "You have no legal right to be in her!".

There was a big emphasis on the legal in his shouting.
Nasty demons no respect for the law, they should have the book thrown at them :rofl: :devil:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#7    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

I  find murder abhorrent and I'm not against execution of a murderer.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#8    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,647 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

View PostHilander, on 28 September 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

That sounds odd, why would the preacher refer to it being legal?  I'm sure a demon doesn't care about law.

Are you kidding?  With all the lawyers that surely must be 'down there'?...

#9    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,803 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostAtlantia, on 28 September 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

Yeah, I'm not one to believe we should stoop to that level.

Then again, I might be ok with having a "stay" placed on the execution and, um, you know "forgetting" to tell the murderer, EVER.

Edited by libstaK, 28 September 2012 - 10:58 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#10    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

View Postand then, on 28 September 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

Murder is pretty abhorrent as well.

Of course it is.
Well done for stating the bleeding obvious.

#11    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostHasina, on 28 September 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

I  find murder abhorrent and I'm not against execution of a murderer.

Well good for you.

#12    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 28 September 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Yeah, I'm not one to believe we should stoop to that level.

Then again, I might be ok with having a "stay" placed on the execution and, um, you know "forgetting" to tell the murderer, EVER.

In a civilised society laws are there to protect the innocent and the guilty alike.
If you stoop to the level of your enemy, you simply become the enemy.

#13    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 28 September 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

Well good for you.
What do you expect? Some long drawn out thing about how 'each person is a special flower and the taking of a human life is horrible, no matter who does it or how it's done'?
What would you rather be done with the murderers? Should we keep them in prison for their entire lives? Give them a sentence and then let them out when it's all done? Please, removing a person who's killed another from society is great in my view, whether it's done by execution or by a prison sentence, but who would rationally kill someone unless in self-defense? Should we spend time trying to rehabilitate them and hope that they don't kill another just so a psychologist can get his pat on the back for helping another get 'reintroduced into society'? People who think capital punishment is wrong aren't wrong though, it should be done in a humane fashion, I do agree, but I'm no bleeding heart for someone who, no matter the reason other then self-defense (I especially hate the 'heat of the moment' defense for some people, who's to know when they'll feel the heat again), they've commuted the ultimate wrong, removing another, thinking breathing person from life. They don't deserve pity.

Edited by Hasina, 28 September 2012 - 05:03 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#14    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostHasina, on 28 September 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

What do you expect? Some long drawn out thing about how 'each person is a special flower and the taking of a human life is horrible, no matter who does it or how it's done'?
What would you rather be done with the murderers? Should we keep them in prison for their entire lives? Give them a sentence and then let them out when it's all done? Please, removing a person who's killed another from society is great in my view, whether it's done by execution or by a prison sentence, but who would rationally kill someone unless in self-defense? Should we spend time trying to rehabilitate them and hope that they don't kill another just so a psychologist can get his pat on the back for helping another get 'reintroduced into society'? People who think capital punishment is wrong aren't wrong though, it should be done in a humane fashion, I do agree, but I'm no bleeding heart for someone who, no matter the reason other then self-defense (I especially hate the 'heat of the moment' defense for some people, who's to know when they'll feel the heat again), they've commuted the ultimate wrong, removing another, thinking breathing person from life. They don't deserve pity.

No, but apparently you were expecting something similar from me. Sorry I didn't oblige :)

If you want to start a thread abut the issue of capital punishment then do so. ;)

Edited by Atlantia, 28 September 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#15    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 28 September 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

No, apparently you were expecting something similar from me. Sorry I didn't oblige :)

If you want to start a thread abut the issus of capital punishment then do so. ;)
True... Sorry for making a d-bag of myself, and that's not a half bad idea, we can hash this out all civil like.

Posted Image

~MEH~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users