Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 8 votes

The slenderman myth

myth

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#121    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Yea, I didn't either. I thought it was just a thing made up on Somethingawful.com. who knew?

"I'm struggling to say what I want to... but you hurt my brain so much with your nonsense..."

Quote of the week: "When are people going to learn? The rapture is like a health inspection. They don't anounce when they're coming, otherwise you could let things go all year and clean everything up right before they come. The plan is to catch you off guard, so they can see what state things are kept in an on going basis." - ZeddKnite

#122    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

The Slender man is an interesting example of a myth gone wild. He began as a mere photoshop creation but now so many people believe in him that he may well exist in the spirit world as a thought form, futhermore spirits that already existed can now assume this form due to the fact that we believe in him. Its all a trick by the spirits to destroy us. the only way to fight back would be to destroy the myth but thats impossible at this point.

#123    Night Walker

Night Walker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#124    Lesionia

Lesionia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

• Evil is among us and opresses us, thats when we do good.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

actually, it seems that demonics have taken that "image" to use it to get close or to feed off of people. Either way its "image" may not be real, but the power behind it is. (Let me guess, this will turn into an agruement that demons are/ are not real.)

#125    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Ok so wait.  Now slenderman has gone from a fake photoshop image on a stupid website to a disguise that demons wear in their neverending quest to make people soil their undies?  Bravo!  I say.  You have successfully moved Slenderman from verifiably fake to the melifluous world of unverifiable woo that includes demons and the like.  "What the F&%K ever" I say.  If you want to live in a fantasy fairy land and live your life fearing things that do not exist then more power to you.

#126    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,649 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 16 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Lets have  show of hands, shall we - who here has killed a demon?   I killed one just the other day.  Anybody else?
Nah, haven't played doom for a while. However I killed some aliens just a couple of hours ago.

#127    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,649 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostLesionia, on 27 January 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

actually, it seems that demonics have taken that "image" to use it to get close or to feed off of people. Either way its "image" may not be real, but the power behind it is. (Let me guess, this will turn into an agruement that demons are/ are not real.)
Have you ever told your doctor about these delusions?

#128    Night Walker

Night Walker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Perhaps we can have a constructive discussion about the qualitative differences between a being said to exist in "thought form" and one that exists in "Imaginationland". I, too, am of the opinion that Slenderman is a fine example of a "myth gone wild"...

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

#129    Lesionia

Lesionia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

Not quite on top of the agruement, but is ther anyone on this site that is a paranormal invetigator in Noblesville, Indiana near Morse Lake? It isnt for me, but someone else who asked my help. There was a slenderman sighting (dont know if it was a real sighting or not) But I guess there was a father who doesnt remember stabbing his child for no reason. (Blackouts are typical of temporary possession.)

#130    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

I continue to be blown away by people saying they are seeing Slenderman in real life.  Thats like reporting a sighting of the Easter bunny, or Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.  All known myths, equally as fake as slenderman.

#131    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,283 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 29 January 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

I continue to be blown away by people saying they are seeing Slenderman in real life.  Thats like reporting a sighting of the Easter bunny, or Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.  All known myths, equally as fake as slenderman.
Wait, wait, wait, wait.... The Easter Bunny is not real? Then who the hell is breaking into my house and leaving candy and eggs for my Kids??? I'll have to talk to the dog about this....

Seriously, I with you Orange... I can't see how anyone would think this is any more real then the demons out of Doom, or any other video game/internet critter.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#132    Lesionia

Lesionia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

Just for your information, Ive never seen played or read of Doom. I didnt know what a demon was until I ran into one, or more. It was an honest question, but now I know not to come to this sight looking to warn people or to ask for investigators (or hunters)

#133    Night Walker

Night Walker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

J.M. Smith

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

If you are referring to the man in Indiana who you say has stabbed his child then such things are best left to the police, courts, and mental health professionals. A self-proclaimed “paranormal researcher” would have limited access and could end up being a hindrance. Claiming “no memory” of violent acts is a sign of mental illness or the feigning of mental illness rather than of demonic possession or Slenderman infestation.

If you are honestly seeking to warn people and/or engage seriously with people on such topics then all you need to do is back up what you claim. Anything less is the stuff of "thought forms" and "Imaginationland"...

#134    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostLesionia, on 20 November 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

Slenderman can be killed! Turns out he uses the imagination and belief of mankind against us. So the more people dont believe him and say he isnt real, the less we will hear or see about him.

Now, this makes sense.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#135    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 29 January 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

HEY! Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are real. AND! I'll not listen to more of your lies!!!!!

:angry:

Also tagged with myth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users