Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#3346    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,323 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 10 October 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I am.  But I don't believe all the stories.  There's loads of these guys.

so give me an example of a story you believe, please...

if you don't mind

#3347    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

View Postbee, on 10 October 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

so give me an example of a story you believe, please...

if you don't mind

At 3:10 the dry lake bed landing

There's more if you want.

Edited by synchronomy, 10 October 2012 - 05:35 PM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#3348    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,323 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 10 October 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

At 3:10 the dry lake bed landing

thankyou.... :)....

and of course we have Edgar Mitchell, another astronaut 'spilling the beans'....

http://www.dailymail...d-60-years.html

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real,' Dr Mitchell said.
'It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited......"

good to see you supporting the Disclosure Project........(even if you are wrong about Lazar, IMO..... :D )

There's more if you want.

go for it...this is the Tantalising Testimony thread, after all.......

#3349    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

View Postbee, on 10 October 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

thankyou.... :)....

and of course we have Edgar Mitchell, another astronaut 'spilling the beans'....

http://www.dailymail...d-60-years.html

good to see you supporting the Disclosure Project........(even if you are wrong about Lazar, IMO..... :D )

go for it...this is the Tantalising Testimony thread, after all.......

I respect your opinion of Lazar.  I have no doubt they do more at '51 than develop paint for stealth aircraft!

I admire Edgar Mitchell a great deal.  I feel he is very sincere.  I have seen his credentials and accomplishments listed and he is nothing short of amazing.

I like the Disclosure Project.  The original news conference was a milestone initiative and I have dug around on most of the witnesses.  Many of them I believe their testimony.  Not sure about Clifford Stone though...not dismissing him yet, but I question his story.

I've read a great deal of Dr. Steven Greer's publications.  One thing I am turned off by him is his ego.  He states everything as though it's a conclusive fact.
Recently I lost all respect for him when he published an article on his blog, which travelled widely over the internet.  Maybe I read into it the wrong way, but I thought it disrespectful of him to publish an article about Neil Armstrong just 2 days after his death, which appeared to me to be Greer promoting his own agenda by capitalizing on the media hype surrounding Armstrongs death.
I'm posting a link to it here so you guys can read it.
I would be interested as to what others think.
http://drgreersblog....ject.org/?p=202

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.

#3350    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,323 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 10 October 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

I respect your opinion of Lazar.  I have no doubt they do more at '51 than develop paint for stealth aircraft!

exactly!.... :tu:

or at least did in the past...

I admire Edgar Mitchell a great deal.  I feel he is very sincere.  I have seen his credentials and accomplishments listed and he is nothing short of amazing.

I agree

I like the Disclosure Project.  The original news conference was a milestone initiative and I have dug around on most of the witnesses.  Many of them I believe their testimony.  Not sure about Clifford Stone though...not dismissing him yet, but I question his story.

when I stumbled upon the Disclosure Project.....it was here on this forum...I was stunned.

I've read a great deal of Dr. Steven Greer's publications.  One thing I am turned off by him is his ego.  He states everything as though it's a conclusive fact.

Let's face it....you would have to have a strong ego and a strong will to get the Disclosure Project together.

I don't have a problem with 'ego'....as I think it can be utilised for good.

synchronomy....

Recently I lost all respect for him when he published an article on his blog, which travelled widely over the internet.  Maybe I read into it the wrong way, but I thought it disrespectful of him to publish an article about Neil Armstrong just 2 days after his death, which appeared to me to be Greer promoting his own agenda by capitalizing on the media hype surrounding Armstrongs death.
I'm posting a link to it here so you guys can read it.
I would be interested as to what others think.
http://drgreersblog....ject.org/?p=202

I think you are taking it the wrong way....and that Armstrong or his family wouldn't be offended.....

quote from your link...

Well it happened. Close friends and very close family members of both Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin have separately told me that indeed there were numerous, large UFOs around the crater where the Lunar Module landed and that these were seen by both Armstrong and Aldrin. I have also spoken to military officers that have seen the footage of this event- but it has never been made public. One close family member of Buzz Aldrin told me “It is not my place to out Buzz on this- someday if he can speak about it, he will…”

#3351    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

View Postbee, on 10 October 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

synchronomy....

I think you are taking it the wrong way....and that Armstrong or his family wouldn't be offended.....
I have to be honest, I'm very happy you see it that way!

The other people I have spoken to didn't share your viewpoint.  Mind you, when I think about it, one of them is married to someone working for NASA in public relations...I never thought of that until now!

#3352    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 10 October 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

The same holds true for any of the 'whistle blowers'. To believe that an evil government is suppressing the truth but let's people leak info willy nilly is absurd.

Not unless they want something leaked--not that I ever particularly believed Bob Lazar and the other Las Vegas hustlers who circulated the Area 51 stories.

Of course a lot of weird aircraft are flying around out there, and they have video of them.

#3353    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Fact or Faked got some very interesting night video of something VERY fast flying over Area 51, which has never been explained.  Indeed, they have gotten some of the best UFO footage I have seen in recent times, including one case down here in Florida.

In this case, I think Area 51 security knew they were there and maybe somebody decided to put on a show for them.  Whatever it was, the UFO was lightning fast, and they turned out all the lights on the base just as it zoomed overhead.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 10 October 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#3354    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Let's see that one again.  I like it, I love it, I want more of it.  If that wasn't a genuine UFO, I will eat my shirt.

#3355    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 10 October 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Fact or Faked got some very interesting night video of something VERY fast flying over Area 51, which has never been explained.  Indeed, they have gotten some of the best UFO footage I have seen in recent times, including one case down here in Florida.

In this case, I think Area 51 security knew they were there and maybe somebody decided to put on a show for them.  Whatever it was, the UFO was lightning fast, and they turned out all the lights on the base just as it zoomed overhead.

That light looked a lot like a meteor, but seemed to fade out too fast.
I wonder why they would suddenly kill the lights...you never know how much was edited out to make it more dramatic.

I tend to suspect it was not something that originated from Area 51, nor was it something they expected since they seemed to kill the lights.

Very interesting.

Edited by synchronomy, 10 October 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#3356    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 10 October 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

Let's see that one again.  I like it, I love it, I want more of it.  If that wasn't a genuine UFO, I will eat my shirt.

I actually saw this episode when it came on tv, very interesting episode. and I agree it was probably a UFO of some kind. and I find it hard to believe that all of the lights in Area 51 would just shut off at the same exact time.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#3357    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 10 October 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

Here's an excellent video on the basics of body language:

Thanks for the breakdown and video.

I will respond to your individual observations over the weekend as time is limited today and I need to respond to a few detailed posts here on UM.

:tu:

#3358    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 10 October 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

Nice clip.  Who knows what that was that flew over?

Posted Image

#3359    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Colares Brazil - 1977

In 1977, the Brazilian island of Colares would be home base for some of the most extraordinary close encounters ever recorded. Only a few of the Island's city of Colares' 2,000 inhabitants would be spared the frightening light beams shot to the ground by many various flying objects. A number of residents managed to take photographs of the phenomenal flying death machines, or "chupa-chupas," as the locals called them.

Never had there been an event of unknown, flying objects with so many different variations of shape and size. There were reports of small UFOs, large UFOs, cigar-shaped, saucer-shaped, and more. Some of the objects were luminous, some were not, but all of them could be deadly. The unusual phenomena of the light beams lasted for months, sending the island of Colares and surrounding areas into a state of panic.

These strange death rays seemed to come from a Hollywood movie- projections of different colors of light and intensity aimed directly at frightened, fleeing citizens. Many hit by the beams were knocked unconcious and awoke with many various medical ailments, most prominently a type of anemia, or weakness. Many were diagnosed and treated by local physicians, hard pressed for a solution.

The activity of the chupa-chupas was so frequent and powerful that the people of the region felt that aliens were trying to make contact with them though the powerful beams. As to the origin of the UFOs, some theorized that they would come and go from an undersea base near the Bay of Marajo, allowing the strange flying machines to appear, shoot their beams and disappear almost instantly.

During the siege, the citizenry was so frightened that many of the women left Colares, taking their children away from the terror of the UFOs. The men kept a vigil to protect their homes and possessions. They made large bonfires to light up the night, ofttimes used fireworks and banged on metal objects in hope of scaring off the intruding craft. Soon this was given up, seemingly it had no effect.

One group of victims claimed to the press that: "They were immediately immobilized, as if a heavy weight pushed against their chest. The beam was about seven or eight centimeters in diameter and white in color. It never hunted for them but hit them suddenly. When they tried to scream no sound would come out, but their eyes remained open. The beam felt hot, almost as hot as a cigarette burn."

Doctor Wellaide Cecim Carvalho wrote: "All of them had suffered lesions to the face or the thoracic area." The lesions, looking like radiation injuries, "began with intense reddening of the skin in the affected area. Later the hair would fall out and the skin would turn black. There was no pain, only a slight warmth. One also noticed small puncture marks in the skin. The victims were men and women of varying ages, without any pattern."

Some of the local newspapers and journals tried to make the people of the Colares area believe that they were seeing satellites, military balloons, or other everyday objects. This only went to make the citizens angry, as they knew what they were seeing, and none of the media's explanations came close to describing the chupa-chupas, or their beams of light.

COMAR (Comando Aéreo Regional, the Regional Air Command of the Brazilian Air Forces), arrived in Belém, and made a series of research projects in the region, under the project name "Operation Plate." (Operation Saucer) They would never affirm that UFOs or flying saucers were responsible for the beams of light, opting for a more "normal" explanation.

The Brazilian Air Force soon discovered the reason for the panic on the island, as their own personnel became targets of the beams of light. They did manage to take four video films of the objects, and many photographs, but no explanation was ever offered that satisfied the people of Colares.  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3360    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

View Postzoser, on 11 October 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

Nice clip.  Who knows what that was that flew over?

Whatever it really was and wherever it really came from, it looks like the folks at the base were expecting it.  They knew that I camera crew was there as well, which makes the whole thing ever stranger.

They let them see and film it, whatever "it" was.  Fast as lightning, that's for sure.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 11 October 2012 - 04:26 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users