Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is the NFL ready for an openly gay star?

nfl gay sports stars gay rights

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#76    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 28 March 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

Don't bring attention to yourself if you don't want to be a target like this guy will be. I don't get it, why does this person even need to announce their sexual preference? It sounds like the stereo typical non straight attention whore who wants everyone else to see how "fabulous" he is. Nobody wants to know, keep it to yourself!

Maybe he would just like to go out with his partner for dinner on occasions, or on holiday, to parties, sports events without all the tongue wagging or it hitting the sports headlines.

He may just want to be like any regular couple.. nothing wrong with that.

Posted Image

#77    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,711 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

View Postxsas, on 28 March 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Maybe he would just like to go out with his partner for dinner on occasions, or on holiday, to parties, sports events without all the tongue wagging or it hitting the sports headlines.

He may just want to be like any regular couple.. nothing wrong with that.

There's ways to handle it, I guess. Look at Anderson Cooper, he didn't say anything for years, and he didn't really even care if anybody knew, or found out. He handled the situation like a pro.

#78    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,441 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Thank you, xsas! That's what I'm saying. They don't need to hide, but there is no reason flaunt it either.

#79    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 28 March 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

There's ways to handle it, I guess. Look at Anderson Cooper, he didn't say anything for years, and he didn't really even care if anybody knew, or found out. He handled the situation like a pro.

I guess there are no right an wrong ways to handle this.. It will all boil down to the individual and how much it means to them, some people are torn apart from hiding it and they shouldn't be, look at our own Gareth Thomas.. His life has improved after coming out out and no one actually gives a damn about his sexuality.

A man or woman should live their life as they want to, with the partner of their choice and as long as they can accept and understand some of the criticism they will encounter, then thats OK.

Posted Image

#80    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,827 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

I can see the point.  If your openly living the lifestyle and you're a celebrity, it may be a good idea to put it out there.

#81    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,105 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

4 gay NFL players could come out on the same day, Brendon Ayanbadejo says

"I think it will happen sooner than you think," Ayanbadejo said. "We're in talks with a handful of players who are considering it. There are up to four players being talked to right now and they're trying to be organized so they can come out on the same day together. It would make a major splash and take the pressure off one guy. It would be a monumental day if a handful or a few guys come out."

http://www.sbnation....ndon-ayanbadejo

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#82    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Coming out as a gay is bound to be described as "flaunting" it by the homophobes.

#83    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,105 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

It's going to be fabuleth!!!

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users