Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Is this the Loch Ness Monster?

loch ness monster nessie george edwards

  • Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#46    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 35,886 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostMysticStrummer, on 05 August 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

Nevermind Nessie. I want to see this guy's boat. If he's a half mile away then it's one tall sucker.
It's probably one like this -

Attached File  IMG_1819 (Custom).JPG   30.5K   4 downloads

This boat is also called "Nessie Hunter". The photo was taken recently from Urquhart Castle where the guy in the article claims Nessie was heading towards when he spotted her.

Posted Image

#47    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

    devil's aunt

  • Member
  • 20,331 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Croatia/Sucamore Beach

  • Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

Edit: damn, forgot to quote... so,

Chrlzs, yes, the difference is that a similar tree branch is not The Branch we were looking for, just like similar Komodo Dragon is not The Dragon that guards the spiritual treasure of a place so must not be totally physical in nature :lol: Other than that, I agree, my turn to produce any trace of said dragon.

But, you see, apart from the possible not-entirely-material substance of the dragon in question... what if dragons can shapeshift into logs when overzealous cryptid hunter directs a camera at them?
Huh? Or to make it more down to Earth, what if Plesiosaurus Lochnessiensis has developed skin texture and pattern that imitates logs, as form of natural camouflage? What if that’s rare kind of giant eel that sometimes swims close to the surface, with strange motion that doesn’t resemble usual fish routine?

If someone tells you there’s a fish with little feet, walking down the ocean bottom, you’d say he should look better and realize that’s not what he saw? I’d say dive in again.  


Of course, it does not prove Nessie's existence, I just want to point out that Nessie wouldn't be the strangest animal ever found. Improbable isn't automatically the impossible.

Edited by Helen of Annoy, 06 August 2012 - 01:22 PM.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Laurent did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#48    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

    Enlightened

  • Member
  • 3,932 posts
  • Joined:28 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

  • I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

Quote

Is this the Loch Ness Monster?

If that's the Loch Ness Monster then the Loch Ness Monster can also be found in my toilet. I would have posted pictures but I flushed the evidence away...

Edited by Junior Chubb, 06 August 2012 - 04:11 PM.

Click here to view Unexplained Mysteries 5 Millionth post by Helen of Annoy, while you're there lets see if we can give it 5 Million likes (sorry Biff).

#49    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

    devil's aunt

  • Member
  • 20,331 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Croatia/Sucamore Beach

  • Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 06 August 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

If that's the Loch Ness Monster then the Loch Ness Monster can also be found in my toilet. I would have posted pictures but I flushed the evidence away...


No way you can produce that much rippling, unless you crap into a pool. Or off the pier and into a lake. May someone fine you if you do.
Also, turds and logs don't move on their own, nor they suddenly emerge or sink, they either float or not.
So it's a dragon.
No, wait, I said I'll make it down to Earth... so it's a giant reptile of some kind.

Edited by Helen of Annoy, 06 August 2012 - 05:08 PM.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Laurent did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#50    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

    Enlightened

  • Member
  • 3,932 posts
  • Joined:28 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

  • I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 06 August 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

No way you can produce that much rippling, unless you crap into a pool. Or off the pier and into a lake. May someone fine you if you do.
Also, turds and logs don't move on their own, nor they suddenly emerge or sink, they either float or not.
So it's a dragon.
No, wait, I said I'll make it down to Earth... so it's a giant reptile of some kind.

Banned for doubting the power of my waste product!

Oops wrong thread :blush:

Click here to view Unexplained Mysteries 5 Millionth post by Helen of Annoy, while you're there lets see if we can give it 5 Million likes (sorry Biff).

#51    Myles

Myles

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,665 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 06 August 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

logs don't move on their own, nor they suddenly emerge or sink, they either float or not.

Actually they do.  Thanks to buoyant gases created during decomposition, logs will rise to the surface for a bit and then sink back down never to be seen again.


#52    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

    devil's aunt

  • Member
  • 20,331 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Croatia/Sucamore Beach

  • Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostMyles, on 06 August 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Actually they do.  Thanks to buoyant gases created during decomposition, logs will rise to the surface for a bit and then sink back down never to be seen again.


Yes, yes, corpses do the same, up and down they go as the gases build up and vent out... who allowed you to ruin my theory with facts?

I believe in Nessie on intuitive level, you materialists. No, I haven’t seen solid proof yet and that’s the part of Nessie’s charm.
It’s not just one guy that saw her recently, it’s thousands of people around the world... well, Europe at least, that saw elongated possibly reptilian unknown creatures in their local lakes.
Loch Ness is not exactly crystal clear and it’s large enough it can’t be scanned complete at once, so though there’s no indisputable proof for Nessie’s existence (testimonies are proof, by the way, you Pharisees) there’s no proof she is not in there either.

What this world has come to, if you're shy they claim you're not there at all. Nessie is not one of those "celebrities" that will eagerly pose for you.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Laurent did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#53    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,461 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2012

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 06 August 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Yes, yes, corpses do the same, up and down they go as the gases build up and vent out... who allowed you to ruin my theory with facts?

I believe in Nessie on intuitive level, you materialists. No, I haven’t seen solid proof yet and that’s the part of Nessie’s charm.
It’s not just one guy that saw her recently, it’s thousands of people around the world... well, Europe at least, that saw elongated possibly reptilian unknown creatures in their local lakes.
Loch Ness is not exactly crystal clear and it’s large enough it can’t be scanned complete at once, so though there’s no indisputable proof for Nessie’s existence (testimonies are proof, by the way, you Pharisees) there’s no proof she is not in there either.

What this world has come to, if you're shy they claim you're not there at all. Nessie is not one of those "celebrities" that will eagerly pose for you.

Helen - did you descend down here to Crypto-ville just to mess with us?  I think you did.  :)  Having a bit of fun, eh?


#54    Myles

Myles

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,665 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 06 August 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Yes, yes, corpses do the same, up and down they go as the gases build up and vent out... who allowed you to ruin my theory with facts?


I think you have come up with a new theory.    Nessie is dead and it is the corpse that keeps rising that people see. :yes:


#55    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

    devil's aunt

  • Member
  • 20,331 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Croatia/Sucamore Beach

  • Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 06 August 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Helen - did you descend down here to Crypto-ville just to mess with us?  I think you did.  :)  Having a bit of fun, eh?


Scouts honour, no. Cross my heart and hope to die, no. May they review my taxes if I lie, no. Like I said, I believe intuitively there really is Nessie. I’m not trolling, being sarcastic or messing with you in any way.
Maybe not a dinosaur, but definitely a cryptid, there are loads of completely sane possibilities for what Nessie could be.
I was just mentioning in the other thread (non-US cryptids) our man-eating catfish. I saw the outline of something so big it could be said monster, though I don’t believe it actually swallows swimmers, that creature was far too big for any normal fish you usually could see in the lake in which it happened.
Am I crazy or lying? No. Was that oversized something caught yet or washed ashore? No.
So... I know it’s there, doubt it all you want. Probably not pulling people underwater, they drown on their clumsy own, but from my point of view it’s just silly to refuse the possibility there’s a giant catfish down there. Why the hell not?
That's my logic behind Nessie, if people saw it, you may assume they are all liars or drunks, I assume at least some of them actually saw something. I admit it's hard to say what since there's nothing palpable there, but though it's wrong to believe in everything you hear it's also very wrong to dismiss something just because it doesn't sound common.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Laurent did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#56    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

    devil's aunt

  • Member
  • 20,331 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Croatia/Sucamore Beach

  • Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostMyles, on 06 August 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

I think you have come up with a new theory. Nessie is dead and it is the corpse that keeps rising that people see. :yes:

:lol: I hate you so much right now :lol: Warm and fuzzy kind of hate ;)

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Laurent did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#57    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,461 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2012

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 06 August 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Scouts honour, no. Cross my heart and hope to die, no. May they review my taxes if I lie, no. Like I said, I believe intuitively there really is Nessie. I’m not trolling, being sarcastic or messing with you in any way.
Maybe not a dinosaur, but definitely a cryptid, there are loads of completely sane possibilities for what Nessie could be.
I was just mentioning in the other thread (non-US cryptids) our man-eating catfish. I saw the outline of something so big it could be said monster, though I don’t believe it actually swallows swimmers, that creature was far too big for any normal fish you usually could see in the lake in which it happened.
Am I crazy or lying? No. Was that oversized something caught yet or washed ashore? No.
So... I know it’s there, doubt it all you want. Probably not pulling people underwater, they drown on their clumsy own, but from my point of view it’s just silly to refuse the possibility there’s a giant catfish down there. Why the hell not?
That's my logic behind Nessie, if people saw it, you may assume they are all liars or drunks, I assume at least some of them actually saw something. I admit it's hard to say what since there's nothing palpable there, but though it's wrong to believe in everything you hear it's also very wrong to dismiss something just because it doesn't sound common.

there's logic in what you say, and we'll probably have to agree to disagree on the rest - but thats cool with me.  either way, welcome to crypto, helen :)  and to think, all along, that I assumed you were just here for the haiku.

I for one would love to believe in Nessie, if only someone would find a good enough reason to.


#58    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

The infamous US monster experts also gave us a plan in case of zombie attack, the Florida face eating incident was a dry run and it seems we have passed with mediocrity.  Might they know something we don't know?

J

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#59    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

    devil's aunt

  • Member
  • 20,331 posts
  • Joined:21 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Croatia/Sucamore Beach

  • Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

I just hate it when a stereotype is proven true once again. Whole culture has ADHD combined with tunnel vision.

Could we have zombie-free, non-Floridated Nessie thread? Pretty please?




But if you want to take a broader look, here's a link that actually is on topic:

http://en.wikipedia....i/Brosno_dragon




Edit: just toning it down. some things annoy me to the verge of heart attack.

Edited by Helen of Annoy, 07 August 2012 - 12:46 PM.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Laurent did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#60    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,565 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

The most important part of the article:

Mr Edwards spends his life on the loch - around 60 hours a week - taking tourists out on his boat Nessie Hunter IV, and has led numerous Nessie hunts over the years.

Edited by Rafterman, 07 August 2012 - 03:27 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users