Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Airship to conduct aerial search for Bigfoot


  • Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#31    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 4,664 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

  • "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

I still have trouble seeing an airship used for searching dense forests. They are not agile. Current r/c ones are  odd to fly.

Meldrum's will be huge, and they are vulnerable to wind, trees, etc.

Again, it will take me seeing for Meldrum's intended purpose,  imo.

I think it sounds off.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 14 October 2012 - 12:22 AM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#32    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,025 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

A couple more.....Falcon project could save some money and contact these guys, or their local hobby store.....I am telling you, this is a scam....Bigfooter fans never seem to learn their lessons.



http://www.youtube.c...v=JjRPJT7rMGY#!





Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#33    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,025 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 14 October 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

I still have trouble seeing an airship used for searching dense forests. They are not agile. Current r/c ones are  odd to fly.

Meldrum's will be huge, and they are vulnerable to wind, trees, etc.

Again, it will take me seeing for Meldrum's intended purpose,  imo.

I think it sounds off.


Are you not watching these videos?





Edited by Sakari, 14 October 2012 - 12:29 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#34    evancj

evancj

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:07 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern, UT

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 13 October 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Ok so lets speculate though.  Lets say they get the thing up and going and the project is able to resolve incredible detail both photographically and from a thermal imaging standpoint.  How good would the images have to be to meet the standards of evidence for a possible undiscovered hairy hominid?  Opinions?

Sakari's right there is some very high res optics technology out there, that would be at least 80% sufficient to convince me. But they would need to presented the evidence in context, from the beginning to end, not just a vid. clip that only lasts for a few seconds. I would want to see the subjects natural movement, and locomotion over varying terrain.


#35    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 4,664 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

  • "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

Sakari,
The videos are great! Very cool.

But these are nice days with the craft in the pilot's line of site. That makes a huge difference. Even in a bit of wind if I can see the craft i can compensate. But a good gust will bury one of those  in the videos in the trees.

Are Meldrum and co. using radio trucks and satellites? Or. just flying like these guys in the videos (flat terrain, nice days, craft in their line of vision) which I don't see as viable for heavily wooded areas or hunting a creature uncannily aware of human presence. Not to mention, what in my opinion would have to be a creature tracked in an open field on a nice day with low wind and the pilot able to see the craft as it tracked its target.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 14 October 2012 - 12:58 AM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#36    Erowin

Erowin

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Joined:03 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Seattle

  • This is incredibly silly!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

Who is funding all these stupid things? Theres no hard evidence of bigfoot, so no one in the actual scientific fields would bother funding a futile search.

And if they do get a hominid heat signature, do what? No one will believe thats bigfoot, it will just be shelved with all the other shaky cellphone video 'evidence'.


#37    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,025 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 14 October 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

Sakari,
The videos are great! Very cool.

But these are nice days with the craft in the pilot's line of site. That makes a huge difference. Even in a bit of wind if I can see the craft i can compensate. But a good gust will bury one of those  in the videos in the trees.

Are Meldrum and co. using radio trucks and satellites? Or. just flying like these guys in the videos (flat terrain, nice days, craft in their line of vision) which I don't see as viable for heavily wooded areas or hunting a creature uncannily aware of human presence. Not to mention, what in my opinion would have to be a creature tracked in an open field on a nice day with low wind and the pilot able to see the craft as it tracked its target.


I posted the last video of a 15 ft blimp in 15 MPH + winds ( sustained winds )...Either way, they can fly in high winds, can maneuver through forests, and can be purchased by anyone.

I am saying asking for donations for 2 years now, and claiming Idaho State University is backing them sounds fishy to me.....





a creature uncannily aware of human presence..... :no:


I also posted the site " do it yourself drones " that sells FPV equipment, and drone equipment. It would be easier to do this on a blimp then it would a plane. I will not bore you with FPV flying of RC planes over 17 kilometers one way..

I posted a video of " FPV " flying a blimp for you. The screen shows GPS, battery, speed, altitude, direction, etc.....That pilot can not see the blimp, he is in the blimp.

Trust me, it can be done easily......Hell, if people want to donate to me, I would venture to say for about $2500.00 I can get a blimp, and cameras, and FPV equipment, and I live in the North West.....I could do it for pennies on the dollar of what they are asking. ( I used to fly RC planes, have one video of a flight here somewhere )

Edited by Sakari, 14 October 2012 - 01:25 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#38    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 4,664 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

  • "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

View PostSakari, on 14 October 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

I posted the last video of a 15 ft blimp in 15 MPH + winds ( sustained winds )...Either way, they can fly in high winds, can maneuver through forests, and can be purchased by anyone

I am saying asking for donations for 2 years now, and claiming Idaho State University is backing them sounds fishy to me.....
a creature uncannily aware of human presence..... :no:

I'll agree to disagree. I believe:
They cannot be flown in high winds while doing effective search and tracking.
One gust can ruin a flight.
A 40 some foot ship would not be maneuverable through trees. No one flies 15 inch R/C craft through the trees or wooded areas.

Those hunting  the creature believe it is uncanningly aware of human presence (not me)...Thus the reason they want to use a stealthy craft.  Therefore, the creature being aware of the r/c pilot of the airship and a crew makes little sense from their POV.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 14 October 2012 - 01:38 AM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#39    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,025 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 14 October 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

I'll agree to disagree. I believe:
They cannot be flown in high winds while doing effective search and tracking.
One gust can ruin a flight.
A 40 some foot ship would not be maneuverable through trees. No one flies 15 inch R/C craft through the trees or wooded areas.

Those hunting  the creature believe it is uncanningly aware of human presence (not me)...Thus the reason they want to use a stealthy craft.  Therefore, the creature being aware of the r/c pilot of the airship and a crew makes little sense from their POV.




Oh now you did it :)


Yes they do !





Edited by Sakari, 14 October 2012 - 01:57 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#40    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,025 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:00 AM



Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#41    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,025 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

FPV flying through the forest.......Approx. size 15 inch....



Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#42    Timonthy

Timonthy

    Placid

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Aust.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

They think lack of sound is going to find them bigfoot? Hope they realise that a 45' dual airship may have implications of its own...

This whole story sounds so stupid.

Posted Image


#43    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 4,664 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

  • "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

View PostSakari, on 14 October 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

FPV flying through the forest.......Approx. size 15 inch....



Very cool! But an easy area to fly a helicopter in for an experienced pilot: no low branches, plenty of open areas for the size of the craft to maneuver.

R/C planes can be flown down my street.  But try tracking a cat.

You can fly helicopters in a house. But try tracking a fly.

It doesn't convince me of  Meldrum's 40 foot blimp through the forest after a sasquatch.

Fitting the forest for the craft doesn't work. You'd have to have a craft fitted for the forest, any forest situation, when hunting an animal. And I'm not seeing it in Meldrum's. imo

In the United States are you allowed to fly FPV, without being in visual site of your craft?

I see Meldrum's flying above the trees. The pilot peering through a camera- screen/goggles to fly a 40+ foot dual pontoon craft being buffeted about looking for and then tracking an illusive (at best) animal. And being quiet about it. I'm not convinced.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 14 October 2012 - 04:05 AM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#44    csspwns

csspwns

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Joined:07 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

  • "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

the investigators should read the book called 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne. the crew in the story hunts for the "massive narwhale of epic proportions" and it turns out that it was a submarine. its probably the same with bigfoot


#45    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,025 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 14 October 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

Very cool! But an easy area to fly a helicopter in for an experienced pilot: no low branches, plenty of open areas for the size of the craft to maneuver.

R/C planes can be flown down my street.  But try tracking a cat.

You can fly helicopters in a house. But try tracking a fly.

It doesn't convince me of  Meldrum's 40 foot blimp through the forest after a sasquatch.

Fitting the forest for the craft doesn't work. You'd have to have a craft fitted for the forest, any forest situation, when hunting an animal. And I'm not seeing it in Meldrum's. imo

In the United States are you allowed to fly FPV, without being in visual site of your craft?

I see Meldrum's flying above the trees. The pilot peering through a camera- screen/goggles to fly a 40+ foot dual pontoon craft being buffeted about looking for and then tracking an illusive (at best) animal. And being quiet about it. I'm not convinced.


I will convince you yet :)

Only that these things can and are done.....Just take away the ficticious animal of course.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users