Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

David Attenborough-Humans are plague on Earth

david attenborough humans earth plague

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#46    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

To the people who view the human species as a plague or a cancer, are you, personally, a plague and a cancer? Should you not be eradicated then? We can start this population control quite easily with 'self-medication', the ones who are 'aware' of the 'danger' we pose should take action! Don't ya think? -sarcasm-

Posted Image

~MEH~

#47    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,011 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

View Postsslama, on 23 January 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

I agree with Attenborough also....we have become a cancer on this planet.  Our populations is growing without constraints and is showing all the characteristics of a cancer.  Growth, invasion and destuction
The difference being that if we mess the environment up to the point that no human can survive the earth will still be here (changing and evolving) supporting life and creating new species.  So cancer, plague, any reference to a fatal disease when referencing humanities relationship with Terra is stupid.  If humans can be classified as a parasite as someone above stated, then so is every single other living organism, so also kind of stupid reference to make.

Edited by OverSword, 23 January 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#48    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 23 January 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

Until we discover some radical flaw in our understanding of physics that aint physically possible. 40years of expendable basic resources wont give us much chance to radically change physics - even assuming it is possible.

Br Cornelius

As I'm halfway through David Wilcock's book The Source Field Investigations, it seems that maybe some individual researchers have been discovering evidence for decades that our orthodox views of physics is indeed faulty and incomplete.  Using pyramid technology as but one example, it seems there are forces and rules at work in the universe that we know nothing about.  Worse yet, such knowledge has been suppressed by powerful groups.

#49    HuntrSThompsun

HuntrSThompsun

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I've been waiting with someone's credentials" to finally say this! We have more fear of self destruction over earth.

#50    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

your a "parasite" and "plague" Atten!calling humanity a plague really?what are you going to do put chemtrails or etc to lessen the human population?

#51    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,141 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

View PostLittle Fish, on 23 January 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

i thought the flagellants disappeared centuries ago.
Unfortunately those in denial did not :tu:

Only denial of the analysis of multiple ecosystems in decline and the depletion of soil, water and fuel resources could allow such a state of blissful optimism.

"It'll be grand" (as they said in Ireland before the economy imploded under the weight of its own bull****).

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 23 January 2013 - 10:58 PM.

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#52    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 23 January 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

"It'll be grand" (as they said in Ireland before the economy imploded under the weight of its own bull****).

Br Cornelius

Hahaha, that was a brilliant line.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#53    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

We're the same as we've always been, there's just more of us to go around, these days.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#54    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

D.A. is spot on. Here in the U.S. the Everglades is being encroached on by housing development. Forrest are felled in other parts of the country for the same reason. Woodlands are shrinking for farmland. And the population doubled it's size compared to the early 1960's.

#55    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

As the population increases so does the likelihood of a worldwide pandemic and subsequent loss of population. Indeed, given the human's innate need to procreate and explore, it is unfortunate that we dropped the ball following the manned moon landings decades ago and never moved onto other planets that could be inhabited.

#56    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

He is kinda right, the humans are destroying the earth killing extinct animals.
And killing each other.but. The earth will be here a lot longer then humans.

#57    lilmcnessy

lilmcnessy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

There are going to be too many humans and there arn't many choices to solve the problem but we can either limit chilred per person or something like that say 2 per person. Or colonise other planets which unfortunately we do not have the technology yet

#58    Ad hoc

Ad hoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Interesting conversation.

In relation to the talk of us being something despicable that should be purged from the planet-

To my mind, complex sentient emotional creatures are the most precious thing in the known universe, not specifically humans though, if there are alien species that fit or exceed that bill. But I only know of one, and that's us.
Within those creatures the universe becomes beautiful, poetic, amazing, all those things. Without such creatures there is no beauty, nothing to perceive it.
I can't think of anything more important than the universe perceiving itself and giving meaning to itself in the way that we do. But the real gem is not how we are now, it's what we have the potential to become when we start reworking ourselves. Something far more than the foggy-headed creatures that we currently are.

If I was given a choice between saving a human-free Earth, or having the planet completely destroyed and saving some humans with spaceships and bases good enough to take things forward, I'd choose the humans.

I really hope we do get off planet and set up shop in the rest of the solar system independent of Earth... (for Earth's sake as well) and presumably, eventually the stars. And I think it'll get there sooner or later IF things carry on as they have been...
but the real problem comes in if we completely screw our infrastructure before we've actually made any inroads into getting off planet... then things'll be tough, and we'll be in trouble.

Edited by ad hoc, 24 January 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#59    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,141 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

View Postad hoc, on 24 January 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

but the real problem comes in if we completely screw our infrastructure before we've actually made any inroads into getting off planet... then things'll be tough, and we'll be in trouble.

This is what David is really talking about. To develop such a sophisticated technology of exporation would require a concerted and coordinated whole planet effort which would be good to see. It will not happen if we are reduced to fighting each other over access to the last drop of clean water or extractable oil. We really need to kick these problems if the huge potential of the human race is to be realized. We have been sleepwalking into a disaster and its time we woke up and took some responsibility for our actions.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#60    Ad hoc

Ad hoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 24 January 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

This is what David is really talking about. To develop such a sophisticated technology of exporation would require a concerted and coordinated whole planet effort which would be good to see. It will not happen if we are reduced to fighting each other over access to the last drop of clean water or extractable oil. We really need to kick these problems if the huge potential of the human race is to be realized. We have been sleepwalking into a disaster and its time we woke up and took some responsibility for our actions.

Br Cornelius

Yeah. And we've always had the annoying tendency to wait until it hits the fan to react... so I guess it's going to be a question of how deep into hot water we get before we start paddling. lol

Also tagged with david attenborough, humans, earth, plague

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users